+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213 LastLast

Thread: Lukas Rossi - Supernova

I like him.. he's a like the JD of last season. If he keeps doing what he's doing he's got my vote.

Lukas doesn't fail to please. Every show. He does well. If he wins he will fit in with SN. Of course, who knows how long SN will last? If it's a 1 year contract, Lukas can move on and so can the other guys. Both win. So do the fans.
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

FORT Newbie
    I absolutely loved him...let his voice go and looked extra hot doing it. I thought he was a great fit with the band.

In my own little corner, in my own little chair...
    I don't dislike Lukas, but it bugs me tremendously that I can't understand 90% of what he sings. His stage presence and sound are good, but he loses me because of his lack of enunciation. As for his performance with Supernova, I didn't think he sounded very good, I couldn't understand him and I found myself watching Jason and Gilby behind him. SN didn't appear to be very thrilled after that performance either.

FORT Newbie
    I often don't understand lyrics until I have heard a song a few times. I just really like his unique phrasing and watching him perform. After just listening to him later (when my mind is more focussed on his voice instead of......well...) I can get most of the lyrics, and thought his voice was great.

I really like watching Lukas perform. He fits well with the band. Doesn't upstage them like the girls, ahem, do. I think there's a lot behind Lukas than just makeup.

However, having said that, what the heck was the song that he wrote and sang? Did anyone here get it? Really dug Storms and Toby's originals.
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

FORT Newbie
    That song Headspin was about his mother and how he had a rough time growing up.
    Sad to think he wasn't appreciated as a kid.

Quote Originally Posted by Dylan View Post
    I am not into Lukas at all...

He has very limited vocal range, let's face it, it is the growl and the single high tone, and nothing in between. All of his performances are a complete overkill of rockstar poses and gritty facial expressions that leave no one fooled, let alone wanting more. You might get away with that when your name is Mick Jagger, but not Lukas Rossi.

As a person, he reminds me of a spoiled kid. Most of the time I am just surprised he doesn't slip in the puddle of tears gathered at his feet as he weeps at his own greatness...

Sorry, all I see is a pretensious poser, totally lacking a shred of sincerity.
    Ditto... every freakin' word.

For the record, Jagger invented this style, so he's allowed to use it. Scott Weiland took it and twisted it to make it his own. Lukas is trying too hard to put both of those two things together, and it doesn't work. As far as his singing goes, I can't actually imagine that Lukas could do a full tour and not lose his voice. He admitted once that he was working as a cook before this, so he wasn't doing this every night. You can't do that to your voice and have it stay with you.
    Honestly, for you fans of Lukas, could you really sit through a full concert of this? Really???
    Like Dylan said, "Pretensious poser" That's it.

FORT Newbie

Lucas Rules

Lucas is the best performer on the show!! He reminds me of The Stone Temple Pilots, with overtures of The Smashing Pumkins. His performances are dope everytime!! The original he did last week was off the hook awesome!! Toby on the other hand is a wanna be poser, with no talent and a goody-two-shoes persona...........ok, I guess, if you the Bon Jovi type.....

FORT Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by hypnoboy View Post
    Honestly, for you fans of Lukas, could you really sit through a full concert of this?
    No way!!!!!

I'd be on my feet the whole time

+ Reply to Thread