+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast

Thread: Lukas Rossi - Supernova

Quote Originally Posted by GT Mom View Post
    I am scanning the responses on Lukas and I am with Goalwatcher. I also am a conservative woman (over the age of 40, okay now over the age of 50!)and I think Lukas exudes something special that the others do not. A combo of sexuality/toughness/hurt/child-likeness shines through all of his performances. I must have watched "Creep" ten times and he just absolutely commands the stage in a way that Dilana and none of the others do. You can't take your eyes off of him. Anyway, I think it will be him and Dilana in the finals but I could be wrong!
    That's why this world is so interesting - all of the different tastes and opinions. I personally don't have anything against Lukas - the makeup and looks and all of that don't bother me - but I don't think he commands the stage particularly, and I've been disappointed in his performances when I've heard rave reviews on this board.
    If you have men who will exclude any of God's creatures from the shelter of compassion and pity you will have men who will deal likewise with their fellow men. - St. Francis of Assisi

FORT Regular
    I am not into Lukas at all...

He has very limited vocal range, let's face it, it is the growl and the single high tone, and nothing in between. All of his performances are a complete overkill of rockstar poses and gritty facial expressions that leave no one fooled, let alone wanting more. You might get away with that when your name is Mick Jagger, but not Lukas Rossi.

As a person, (admittedly, judging from a heavily edited reality show) he reminds me of a spoiled kid. Most of the time I am just surprised he doesn't slip in the puddle of tears gathered at his feet as he weeps at his own greatness...

Sorry, all I see is a pretensious poser, totally lacking a shred of sincerity.

FORT Newbie
    You haven't listened to any of his other stuff then. Cleavage or Electric Rise.
    A couple of songs...Car Crash, Futures Fire, Bored and Gorgeous, Headspin...they all show a really beautiful clear voice. The songs that he's had to do on the show so far aren't really the best showcase for his voice. I hope he gets a chance to really show it. It's lovely.
    I'm not saying he's the best choice for the band, but I do love his singing, even the growl.

I watched some old clips of his performances and I think he's fab. I don't care what anyone says, but his style (including makeup) says ROCK STAR.

FORT Newbie
    I loved this performance. great vocals, and a lot of fun.

FORT Newbie
    I think Magni will win and they will ask Lukas' band to open for them like Marty and the Lovehammers did for INXS.

FORT Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by GT Mom View Post
    I am scanning the responses on Lukas and I am with Goalwatcher. I also am a conservative woman (over the age of 40, okay now over the age of 50!)and I think Lukas exudes something special that the others do not. A combo of sexuality/toughness/hurt/child-likeness shines through all of his performances. I must have watched "Creep" ten times and he just absolutely commands the stage in a way that Dilana and none of the others do. You can't take your eyes off of him. Anyway, I think it will be him and Dilana in the finals but I could be wrong!
    It must be an 'older woman' thing...cause am older (somewhat) and I think Lukas has something very unique and different that makes him totally stand out from the others. And..I too loved 'Creep'. I take what others see as arrogance as confidence and think he well should be confidence. If memory serves, he has never been in the bottom three, he doesn't get 'over the top praise' from Supernova (my vibe is there are not that fond of him as an indivdual), but IMO he is the sexiest, the most 'mysterious', the best vocalist, and amazing to watch. Will he win? Probably not...but I am enjoying him while I can.

FORT Newbie
    Not necessarily, I know a lot of 20 ish girls that love him, and someone I know had an experience after a taping with a bunch of teens screaming over him too. But definatley a big hit in the "Tupperware" crowd for sure.

I'm loving Lukas. He's odd, sure, but that's what rockers need to be. I hope he is in the final 3 with Dilana and Storm. I just don't get excited about the other guys.
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

FORT Newbie
    I honestly don't know who I want to win. I love Lukas the best, but will have to see how he fits in with them. I want him to win if that's what he wants though, I'd hate to see him disappointed.
    I don't know who else...I like things about all of them and can really see a couple of others fitting in.

+ Reply to Thread