+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Josh Logan - Supernova

Josh Logan - Supernova

Hometown: Manchester, NH

Josh Logan: You gotta love a guy who admits that karaoke served as his entrée into the world of music. But in the case of Manchester, New Hampshire native and one-man-band Josh Logan, he had good reason-his mother was a karaoke DJ. Learning how to interpret songs while showing off his impressive pipes, the teen would eventually graduate to musical influences as varied as punk rock, Pearl Jam and Stevie Wonder.

At the tender age of 15, he fronted local band Gunshy, but when they disbanded he found himself, like many an aspiring rocker in trying circumstances, sleeping in his car.

But with struggle comes depth and, for Josh, extra musical creativity, extra soulful lyrics and extra talent.

Since then, Josh has become a popular solo artist with Josh Logan & Nobody's Business. Not only was he named "The Hardest Working Musician in Manchester" by The Hippo Press in 2003 and awarded one of the top 100 semi finalists in the Disc Makers "Independent Northeast Songwriting Competition", he's also rocked on stage with musicians like Dime-Bag Darrell, Vinnie Paul of Damage Plan, Tantric, and blues legend James Montgomery, and recorded a self-titled CD.

Wow. Karaoke never sounded so good.
    Last edited by Mantenna; 07-12-2006 at 04:33 AM.

Includes music on the site. He's not bad. To me it's sort of like... what if John Mayer did hard rock (not his voice, but the slightly bouncy progression of the music). But I don't think he will be all that versatile. I think what we are hearing on that site is all we will get. Could be wrong though.

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

He's from my neck of the woods, so I'm hoping he does well. From the samples on his site... He may not make it that far.

Nice voice, but I didn't understand many of the lyrics. Ennunciate more cleary Bucky....er Josh

I loved him. The way he basically allowed the music to move him and didn't use pre-fab stage skills impressed the hell out of me. I just don't want him to warble in every song he sings.

Reality Lite Weight LiteWeightLiz's Avatar
    He's one of my favs... I was skeptical at first because of the "karaoke" background, but really like his voice. I do agree about the enunciation problem, though.
    Quote: "Going cold turkey isn't as delicious as it sounds." -- Homer Simpson

I like Josh but he has to rock harder to win this.

Who?

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

JR.
    I put this guy in the same boat as Jenny, decent voice, but this isn't the right show.

Can we say "Gavin Degraw" wannabe? I'm sorry, but he seemed to mold himself as a clone of that guy, but I am curious to see what he has to offer next.
    Go Tigers!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast