+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Jenny Galt - Supernova

Jenny Galt - Supernova

Hometown: Vancouver, BC

Jenny Galt: Jenny Galt has a sly way about her that manages to simultaneously evoke the (rocker) girl next door, an international woman of mystery and that ultra cool chick who always cranks the good tunes at the party. And then there's her music. Adept with gorgeous vocals, impressive piano work and guitar playing, the multi-faceted musician is a talent who rocks, pops and captivates.

Hailing from Montreal, Canada (not surprisingly, Neil Young is an influence), the 24 year old may be young but she's plenty experienced. She started singing at 6 and playing guitar at 16, and from there she never looked back, moving to Ottawa and then Australia where she performed solo. With her recently disbanded group, Cherrybomb, she's frequently toured Canada, performed on television and radio, recorded music for a popular film and television series and released four albums.

She currently lives in Vancouver, Canada, where she's becoming increasingly popular, ever artistic and just as musically diverse as ever.
    Last edited by Mantenna; 07-12-2006 at 04:32 AM.

The MySpace page for her er... broken up group: http://www.myspace.com/cherrybombmusic w/ music and pictures, as MySpace usual.

She's... not as good as several of the other ladies, in my opinion. I AM assuming that's her singing and not the other girl in the pictures.

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

I liked her a lot also. Plays guitar & sings & does both well. Should be around for a long spell.

My husband walked in the room while she was on and said "She's like a million other singers" and "Who's she trying to be, Jewel?" I kind of agree with him.

FORT Newbie
    I didn't like it. I am a big Nickelback fan, and I don't feel she did the song justice. It should have been heavier, as Chad has a very growly voice.

Yes, I used the word "growly" in a sentence.

FORT Newbie
    I thought this girl was one of the worst last night. Her range seemed extremely limited, and her style seems much more pop than rock. But the band seemed to like her.

Quote Originally Posted by Goalwatcher View Post
    My husband walked in the room while she was on and said "She's like a million other singers" and "Who's she trying to be, Jewel?" I kind of agree with him.
    Sorry my Canadian brothers and sisters! She was boring!

At least that Lukas guy made up for the Canadian talent gap though. He kicked @ss.

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

JR.
    Quote Originally Posted by LandCruiser View Post
    Her range seemed extremely limited, and her style seems much more pop than rock.
    I thought the same thing, not a bad voice, but not right for this show.

I love Nickelback but Jenny was really, really bad and didn't do the song justice. Her vocal seems weak, her range seems quite limited and when she sang the chorus, it was particularily flat and difficult to listen to.

Interestingly enough, I thought she was auditioning as a folk singer with her rendition of that song last night. I agree she has a pleasant voice, but she is not right for this band.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast