+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Jill Gioia - Supernova

Jill Gioia - Supernova

Hometown: New York, NY

Jill Gioia: God bless Jill Gioia. Not only is she an extraordinarily gifted singer and songwriter, she also inspired a smashing pair of boots. No joke. Based on her total kick-ass-a-tude musical power, Jill was the winner of the first Steve Madden "Rock n' Sole Band Search Contest" resulting in the Jill Joy boot, named after, yes, her. How many people achieve that kind of honor?

But there are miles more to Jill than a pair of extra sexy boots. The gritty, pretty, super soulful rock singer from New York brings a biting edge to music that makes people sit up and take notice. Jill's credits include numerous radio and TV appearances, back up and opening work for illustrious artists ranging from B-52's to Dee Snider to 98 Degrees, and on major television shows like "The Late Show with David Letterman". She also performed some memorable belt outs of one of the hardest songs to sing-The National Anthem. And her formidable pipes continued to shine in performances at Manhattan Center with INXS and Gloria Gaynor as well as her song "Don't Make Me Wait," which went gold in Spain.

And though she's already appeared in Newsday, Glamour and Billboard, we guess she'll be appearing in a lot more media to come.
    Last edited by Mantenna; 07-12-2006 at 03:32 AM.

No joke to make, so here's a site with her sangin': http://www.indie911.com/directory/rock/jill-gioia

I was going to do a picture of her, minus a pic of those boots = a playboy bunny, but I can't really make that joke since a.) I can't find a pic. of the boots and b.) she's too good from that sample to mock as a playboy bunny.

Also, that Indie911 site reveals:
    Jill has opened for Third Eye Blind at the Hard Rock in Las Vegas.
    While that's not exactly up to opening for a band that's currently hot, opening for Third Eye Blind is still no joke.
    Last edited by Krom; 06-29-2006 at 08:13 PM.

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

Her performance on the "preview" episode on MSN right now is a pretty good confirmation of what I thought I heard in the sample I sited in the last post. She's got a very good voice.

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

Big ol voice for a little ol girl. Rockin!

I totally loved her voice, yes she is hot and sexy so I expected not to like her on some level, but her voice blew me away.

She bored me. I flipped back to Inked while she was on.

Jessica from last season called. She wants her wardrobe back. She's hot.

Reality Lite Weight LiteWeightLiz's Avatar
    I liked her, although I thought there was too much screaming and not enough singing. It will be interesting to see how versatile she is (or isn't).
    Quote: "Going cold turkey isn't as delicious as it sounds." -- Homer Simpson

Thought she did great with this song. Though, will have to wait to see how she does with other material.

I thought she was good. Not the best, in my opinion, but not too far from the top of the heap. Her looks (she really is sizzling hot ) will probably get her just a little farther than she should go, but she's good enough that it won't irritate me too much.
    "Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter."- Yoda

"I'll just see where Providence takes me and try to look like I got there confidently." - Craig Ferguson

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast