+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Jill Gioia - Supernova

I'm certainly happy that Jill redeemed herself tonight on the show. She does have an amazing voice, and great stage presence. She was a totally different person, one that I much prefer to that thing in the wedding dress the other night. If she keeps with her own image, she will do well.
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

Actually on the cover of the Courtney Love CD is a picture of a Beauty Queen with a crown and roses, and smeared eye liner. Not a bride as many people now think.

MUCH better song for her, that's for sure. If she chooses less manic material in the next couple shows she can go pretty far.

Excellent song choice, great vocals and loved her look when she performed Evanescence. Hated the Courtney Love performance and look the night before!

I NEEDED to see the Bring Me to Life performance from Jill, she hadn't done anything for me before that, and now I believe she can do it. There's never been a question of stage presence in my mind with her, but vocally that was superior to what she's shown on the program so far. Now if she can just keep that up with good song picks that continue showing her voice off so well.

Man, Jill confuses the heck out of me. She's got the weirdest combo of an amazing voice and amazingly bad judgment I've ever seen. How many weeks in a row will she continue to get herself in big trouble on the main show and then totally kill on the results show? It's never her voice, per se, that's the problem on the main show, it's what she chooses to do with it that week. Also, obviously, she needs major image management.

I mean, even Dilana might have had trouble with a song from the Wilson sisters, and Jill totally aced it. She's never gonna get this job now, but you have to admire her ability to come back.

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

Krom, I sort of wonder if she has been trying too hard to "crush it" and if that has been the problem. It seemed to me last night that maybe she finally got it that they want her to sing. Next show will tell. I hope she does sing, she has a amazing voice when she uses it.

I am hoping that the problem has been with her packaging and that she has figured that out now. Because you are right, she has made horrible choices in the past.
    "How do you know the chosen ones? No greater love hath a man than he lay down his life for his friend. Not for millions, not for glory, not for fame... for one person. In the dark. Where no one will ever know or see." - Sebastion, Babylon 5

FORT Newbie
    Jill has a great voice and tons of power.
    But, as it was mentioned earlier, she makes mad decisions.
    AsIs, I hope you are right. I really hope she gets it now.

Quote Originally Posted by AsIs View Post
    Krom, I sort of wonder if she has been trying too hard to "crush it" and if that has been the problem. It seemed to me last night that maybe she finally got it that they want her to sing. Next show will tell. I hope she does sing, she has a amazing voice when she uses it.

I am hoping that the problem has been with her packaging and that she has figured that out now. Because you are right, she has made horrible choices in the past.
    That argument would only "track" if last night was the first time she'd totally ruled when singing on a Results show. But its not. How many times has she been up for elimination? Is it 3 now? And I think she's been very very good on most of those Results shows, even if last night was probably the best of them.

I mean its possible last night she got the message, but we really won't know until the next Performance night.

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

She was a totally different singer from Tuesday to Wednesday. I'm not sure she got it completely either. Maybe she just likes to live on the edge? I will say that the look on Patrice's face at the end of Jill's performance was priceless. You could see Patrice thinking, "Rut roh. There's no way she's going home after that."
    "I miss Darva Conger." - Phonegrrrl

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast