+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 27 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 ... LastLast

Thread: Dilana - Supernova

Best performance of the week!

She should have the encore again, regardless that she did it last week...

Loved it. I'm hoping she doesn't win, and becomes a solo act. She doesn't need those guys.

She [mod edit] sucks. She murdered Ring of Fire. The Man in Black is rolling in his grave
    Last edited by Mariner; 07-13-2006 at 12:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by huh? View Post
    She [mod edit] sucks. She murdered Ring of Fire. The Man in Black is rolling in his grave
    Hey, your right to hate on it. But Cash's own career choices indicate that he'd probably not mind. He authorized albums full of alt-rock reinterpretations of his songs and reportedly loved them. He himself did country interpretations of alt-rock songs. He wasn't a fuddy duddy who held his own work so sacred he'd be close minded about it.
    Last edited by Mariner; 07-13-2006 at 12:45 PM.

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

I have to say that Dilana's rendition of Ring of Fire just rocked. It was awesome! And very daring to do. That took courage and creativity. She deserved kudos for her performance.

Now about her look, I'd have to say she did scare me some. And it was very nice to see her looking more real than gussied up. I thought she looked quite old in her Fire costume, but she did look better tonight.

She should stay around for awhile. She's got talent.
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

FORT Newbie
    I am going to be honest. This chick scares the crap out of me!

She has such a tough-looking exterior, but she really seems to be a softy. She gets quite emotional when the singers are eliminated. I like that she seems to be so compassionate.

I thought the first week she was amazing, And Ring of Fire??? OMG she is flat out stunning, gripping and such talent! I didn't think of the original even once while she was performing, I was so drawn into her version of it. She truly made it her own and just nailed it. I as well thought she should have gotten the encore again. That is one performance I'm saving!

FORT Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by ShrinkingViolet View Post
    She has such a tough-looking exterior, but she really seems to be a softy. She gets quite emotional when the singers are eliminated. I like that she seems to be so compassionate.
    Yep!

Based on her background mentioned she's seen more stuff then anyone should have to. The exterior is just that.

She's definately incredible and deserves her own chance, whatever happens on this show.

Kicked out of the hive dzzyedge's Avatar
    I love her voice, and although her 'look' at first scared me, it definitely seems to add to the performance...if that makes sense?

+ Reply to Thread