+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 27 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: Dilana - Supernova

Her performance gave me shivers. I think she's got the goods.

I don't know, my first impression was that she was trying too hard to be scary. She's got an amazing voice and great stage presence, but she strikes me as a persona rather than a well-rounded performer. I hope she breaks out of it, because I think she could be amazing.

She and Storm are role-playing too hard, and it distracts me from enjoying their music.
    Token Christian.

If truth is relative, how do you know?

I watched the "At the House" videos tonight after the show and discovered that Dilana is insecure. Choosing "Ring of Fire" threw her for a loop but, boy oh boy, she made that song her own. Last week the Band said they were looking for singers of rock and ballads and this was a chance for her to sing what became a shivery ballad.

Re: the tats and piercings - My very first impression of both Dilana and Luckas was "scary people;" but then they performed and the body armor became part of the performance. I work with 20 somethings who can't wait to get back into the tattoo parlor (and tout their favorite artists) or piercing salons - ear done? tongue next. It is part of the landscape just as India bedspread dresses and daisy chains were once part of the rock landscape.

Dilana - you ROCK! and roll.

Does anyone know how old she is? She just seems older than the rest or maybe she has "lived hard", you know?

On another thread, it was mentioned that Storm is 37. Her skin looks great compared to Dilana's.

Just wondering!

Dilana's rendition of "Ring of Fire" tonight was just stunning. IMO she took a song that's been done to death, and really transformed it into something utterly different and fresh. I like her powerful persona, and I'm quickly becoming a fan.
    Sending good vibes and warm fuzzies your way..., SnowflakeGirl
    All New AMERICA'S TOP MODEL Recaps! Premiere Pt. 1 & Pt. 2, Ep. 3, Ep. 4, Dinah's Dynamite Ep. 5, Ep. 6, Ep. 7, Ep. 8, Ep. 9, Ep. 10, Ep. 11, Finale
    Relive every beautiful moment of America's Next Top Model...Click here for links to prior season recaps & interviews.

I loved it too, and I'm a big fan of the Johnny Cash original. Dilana needs a serious makeover when it comes to her wardrobe but she is showing she's a force to be reckoned with.
    "I miss Darva Conger." - Phonegrrrl

Quote Originally Posted by MamaC View Post
    Does anyone know how old she is?
    MamaC, I was curious, myself, so I dug up all the contestants' ages. She's 33.

I, too, enjoyed her arrangement of "Ring of Fire." My only qualm was with her ridiculous Renaissance Faire dress, coupled with the "tongue thing" and the "wink thing." It detracted from the honesty of the performance for me, but it was a wonderful rendition and lovely to hear.

I have to agree with many here & say I don't like all the piercings, but she sure does make you sit up & take notice when she is on stage.

Yep, I'm on board with the majority - excellent performer/singer, lousy sense of style. The goth-wear is just a little too old school and contrived, as is the sparkly eyeshadow. But she has charisma and talent to spare, so I guess if the choice is clean, wholesome and dull or pierced, tattooed and amazing, I'll take amazing.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

FORT Fanatic
    Quote Originally Posted by Rattus View Post
    Yep, I'm on board with the majority - excellent performer/singer, lousy sense of style. The goth-wear is just a little too old school and contrived, as is the sparkly eyeshadow. But she has charisma and talent to spare, so I guess if the choice is clean, wholesome and dull or pierced, tattooed and amazing, I'll take amazing.
    My thoughts as well.

Her "Ring of Fire" was truly amazing. I didn't think it could be done.

It almost seems like she's hiding behind all the garbage she's loaded onto herself: the piercings, the dyes, the clothes, the makeup. She has no need to hide. Even Tommy Lee and Dave Navarro with all their gross tattoos still strongly project themselves as themselves. Her stuff is wearing her, rather than the other way round.

+ Reply to Thread