+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 27 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 ... LastLast
Results 51 to 60 of 261

Thread: Dilana - Supernova

  1. #51
    On a cupcake mission! Lois Lane's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Right behind you
    Posts
    5,063
    Quote Originally Posted by Boop2 View Post
    I thought Dilana did a great job with the song how are you going to be passionate with a song called " Lithium " it is about a person that hears voices in thier head whats passionate with that.
    There are other meanings for passionate, Boop2--not just in the romantic sense. Your friend will probably do very well on the show and kudos to her for getting this far. But bear in mind that not everyone will like her renditions--and that doesn't mean she's a bad person or a bad performer. Just that we have different tastes.

    I actually feel awkward posting anything knowing that Dilana has friends on this forum, 'cause I feel I have to temper everything I say so that I don't hurt her friends' feelings. Like I said earlier (in a different thread perhaps?), I'm sure she a very nice person and nothing I say is an assault against her personally.

    That said, your friend is very pretty!

    Quote Originally Posted by JR. View Post
    So, you need to fill your face with metal to be into hard rock? I must have missed that memo.
    Robert Plant and Jimmy Page must've missed that memo as well!
    Last edited by Lois Lane; 07-09-2006 at 11:54 AM.

  2. #52
    Courtesy and Goodwill Mantenna's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Age
    28
    Posts
    8,504
    Quote Originally Posted by Lois Lane
    I actually feel awkward posting anything knowing that Dilana has friends on this forum, 'cause I feel I have to temper everything I say so that I don't hurt her friends' feelings.
    Lois, you need not feel this way, as everyone is entitled to his or her own opinion. In fact, I'd like to point out an excerpt from the site rules:

    We do not allow flaming, baiting, or insults of other members of our site. We enforce this rule strictly.

    Contestants of a reality show, having voluntarily agreed to appear on our televisions, are open for criticism and praise, and everything in between, assuming it falls within the bounds of the rest of our rules.

    You don't have to agree with another member's opinion, but you DO have to respect it, and realize that it IS just an opinion, which may differ greatly from your own.

    Along the same lines, comments like "you must be deaf if you don't hear what I hear", "anyone who doesn't agree is an idiot", and so on are not acceptable. Practice the golden rule, and treat others like you would want to be treated.

    Our contestant threads are NOT specifically for "only good comments" regarding that contestant. They are for discussion of that contestant, both good and bad. We are not a fan-site for any one contestant, or any one show.
    So, please, everyone carry on with this in mind. Thank you.

  3. #53
    On a cupcake mission! Lois Lane's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Right behind you
    Posts
    5,063
    Quote Originally Posted by Mantenna View Post
    Lois, you need not feel this way, as everyone is entitled to his or her own opinion. In fact, I'd like to point out an excerpt from the site rules:

    So, please, everyone carry on with this in mind. Thank you.
    Manny, you rock! Thanks for reminding me of that. (And regardless of how I feel about the contestants, I REALLY look forward to reading your (and Speedy's!) recaps!

    I'm looking forward to seeing what Dilano can do on future shows. She's so popular with many of the folks on here (and with the guys in SuperNova) that maybe she'll turn me around as well. She just needs to stay away from those Nirvana songs.

  4. #54
    Fool... but no pity. Krom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Posts
    21,565
    Quote Originally Posted by JR. View Post
    So, you need to fill your face with metal to be into hard rock? I must have missed that memo.
    No. But that certainly doesn't make it wrong either. I'm not especially a fan of the look, but it doesn't invalidate Dilana's obvious talent, and I'd personally never ask an artist to compromise more than they are willing to. If she needs the hardware, so be it.

    "You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

  5. #55
    On a cupcake mission! Lois Lane's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Right behind you
    Posts
    5,063
    Quote Originally Posted by Krom View Post
    No. But that certainly doesn't make it wrong either. I'm not especially a fan of the look, but it doesn't invalidate Dilana's obvious talent, and I'd personally never ask an artist to compromise more than they are willing to. If she needs the hardware, so be it.
    That's an interesting point, Krom. But I wonder about compromising when they're on a show where they're asked/told every week to make compromises...Matt, for instance, was asked to sing dirtier. Maybe he saw that as a compromise?

    Like I said before, it's not Dilana's piercings that bother me, just her singing style (so far). I'm really curious about how she'll perform on future episodes. And as for Lucas, I actually like hearing him talk--great accent. His looks don't bother me--reminds me of the guy from Prodigy.

    I hope Dilana (and the others) get to showcase some of their original songs. To me, the mark of a really good musician is not covering other people's music, but creating his/her own.

  6. #56
    just when you escape... raisingrrrl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Snow Lake, Manitoba, Canada
    Age
    34
    Posts
    153
    Quote Originally Posted by Lois Lane View Post
    Like I said before, it's not Dilana's piercings that bother me, just her singing style (so far).
    Have you checked out her website? She's got some different covers and songs that I liked.... and a video of her singing Landslide. I love her and I think she rocks and I am totally excited to see how she continues!

  7. #57
    FORT Regular
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    112
    Count me in as a fan! She totally rocked AND ruled ! I missed the encore because I was at work,but I totally knew she was going to be the one to do it--she was outstanding! I don't like piercings,but it fits HER and this band's style--she is the only woman I can see who could front Supernova IMO. Rock on Dilana!

  8. #58
    FORT Fanatic
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    In the Camp of Gilles
    Posts
    627
    I can't stand all the peircings, but musically as far as I'm concerned they should just hire her how and forget the rest of the show. He "Ring of Fire" was just....amazing. So far her taste is unerring. I think she's the Real Thing.

  9. #59
    On a cupcake mission! Lois Lane's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Right behind you
    Posts
    5,063
    Quote Originally Posted by raisingrrrl View Post
    Have you checked out her website? She's got some different covers and songs that I liked.... and a video of her singing Landslide. I love her and I think she rocks and I am totally excited to see how she continues!
    Hey raisingrrrl, I really like Tori Amos, too! Now that woman can sing.

    Saw Dilana perform "RING OF FIRE" tonight and thought it was just meh.

  10. #60
    RESIDENT JEDI MASTER Stargazer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    On a Rocky Mountain High
    Age
    38
    Posts
    11,928
    Quote Originally Posted by boxhill View Post
    I can't stand all the peircings, but musically as far as I'm concerned they should just hire her how and forget the rest of the show. He "Ring of Fire" was just....amazing. So far her taste is unerring. I think she's the Real Thing.
    Me too. I think she's just mesmerizing.
    "Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter."- Yoda

    "I'll just see where Providence takes me and try to look like I got there confidently." - Craig Ferguson

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.