+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 27 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Dilana - Supernova

This woman oozes charisma and intensity. She's mesmerizing. At first I thought her voice was too raspy, but after listening to her Stevie Nicks impression, wow. I think she'll win, or at least place in the top three.

OK. This girl is freaky looking in a bad way. I'm sure she's pretty but who could tell? The jumping/screaming thing at the end seemed forced both times. I don't understand all the love she's getting. Marty's version last year gave me goose bumps this one left me ho-hum...

Quote Originally Posted by Seadog View Post
    OK. This girl is freaky looking in a bad way. I'm sure she's pretty but who could tell? The jumping/screaming thing at the end seemed forced both times. I don't understand all the love she's getting. Marty's version last year gave me goose bumps this one left me ho-hum...

Hey Seadog the band liked her thats why Tommy gave her the Encore give her a chance because the best is yet to come, we are good friends and she can bring it.

[IMG][/IMG]

MRD
    Quote Originally Posted by Krom View Post
    Range isn't going to be a problem, I think. She's apparently a great singing mimic.

Dilana as Stevie Nicks: http://www.dilanarox.com/video_dilana.htm

Compare that very "high" range with the low growly sound she had to do for Lithium. That's got to indicate some range. And if you saw the Online premiere, she had even yet a different style there.

The worry might be about originality, if all she COULD do is mimic. I mean you could argue that her Lithium was somewhat derivative of the original too, admittedly with the twist of it being a woman singing.
    OMG, this girl is AMAZING. What range. Be interesting to see what she sings next week.

I called husband and teenage daughter in the room, covered up the screen and said: what do you think? They didn't know who it was and my husband said: Sounds exactly like Stevie Nicks. I uncovered the screen told them it was the girl that sang Lithium and they were BLOWN AWAY!!!!

This is one to watch. I hope she takes it over Lukas because I do not get the Lukas love already going on. But I also liked Storm and Jill (the tiny one that did Janis Joplin. I think that's Jill)
    However my opinion may change.

But hubby said that JD also looked like a band favorite after his first performance with California Dreamin and the rest was basically whittling it all down to him at the end.
    This could be a similar scenario with Diliana as they clearly were entranced with her. Unless she does a Jordis and blows it by the middle of the competition, I see her possibly walking away with it.

I honestly believe a woman is going to take this one. I think TPTB already have put in the fix for a woman this time around to make it seem more "balanced" as so far every woman except that one with the straight blond hair that played the guitar is a STRONG contender over the men. Oh and Zayra, she wasn't so great either. But it seems like the men so far are way down on the talent ladder as compared with the ladies and especially Diliana.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Hi Boop.

I realize my opinion is in the minority. The band (and people here and you) seem to like her a lot.

I'm sure your friend is a nice person and obviously has talent. Just doesn't suit my personal taste, know what I mean?

FORT Fan
    I look forward to seeing her in future weeks. I thought she was great, although I do agree with the comment that the jumping around at the end seemed kind of forced and staged.

Also, not to take too much away from her, but I do think Lithium would go over well on this show no matter who performs it. Nirvana is just so popular and has such credibility with the musicians/fans and that song in the particular is just so fun to watch someone perform it, that I think it's hard to judge someone based on just that one song.

I just had to put in my 2cents in for Dilana....what a woman! I don't care for piercings but that thing below her lip is ultracool. Overall, she's got IT and I hope she gets the job too. Bring it on 'sista'.
    PS it didn't slip my notice that Navarro called her 'girl' but I hope that was an abberration.

Hi Boop.

I realize my opinion is in the minority. The band (and people here and you) seem to like her a lot.

I'm sure your friend is a nice person and obviously has talent. Just doesn't suit my personal taste, know what I mean?

Yes I know what you mean, but just because she sang that one song people are already knocking her she gets into the songs she sings. but I am telling you the best is yet to come go check out her web page and then let me know what you think.hell is has to say something to open for Joe Cocker back in holland

www.myspace.com/dilanarox

Seadog... I'm with you on the jumping/screaming; I hated it. But I disagree on the freaky looking in a bad way. When she started singing her encore I thought she looked absolutely STUNNING... simply GORGEOUS. Those eyes were amazing.

But the rest of her performing style is just so not me. She'll be someone that I like listening to (as long as it isn't the screaming) but can't watch if that over-the-top movement continues.
    Never let the things you want make you forget about the things you have.

Quote Originally Posted by kimanis View Post
    I just had to put in my 2cents in for Dilana....what a woman! I don't care for piercings but that thing below her lip is ultracool.
    She may be talented, she may be good, but those piercing on her face are totally distracting in a bad way. I don't understand why rockers feel they have to mutiliate themselves to be credible - and that includes all the ugly tatoos they plaster over their bodies.
    He was showing them contingencies when they showed him to the street - Harry Chapin

+ Reply to Thread