+ Reply to Thread
Page 24 of 27 FirstFirst ... 1415161718192021222324252627 LastLast

Thread: Dilana - Supernova

stuck on an island with creepy ferret faced Ben
    Chosing to do a cover on her debut album is tricky, and leaving it up to public vote has some merit, but I think it would be wiser for her to think hard about it.

Two of Dilana's best rockin' songs, Lithium and Zombie were pretty much carbon copies. That goes for Can't Get Enough. Her Cats in the Cradle, although well composed may still be too tame.

Covering Creep would be interesting, bonus since Lukas did it, and she "encouraged" him to take it.

Since she's collaborating with Gilby, why not see if Heart would let her do one of their songs?

Crazy On You, Barracuda, or Zep's Rock and Roll

Huzzah, Krom! That is all I can say after reading your post. Just look at Elton John's work on The Lion King and Aida. He only wrote the music to those, not the lyrics. And how many popular songs now days have the stupidest lyrics, but pretty awesome musical tracks? And it's not liked Dilana's songs sucked... it may not have been the best, but hey, I liked it. It got my head groovin.

Now I am waitin to see if she responds back to me message I sent her on myspace on if she would like to see some fan art lol *really wants to draw Dilana as a cartoony pinup*
    Pink Elephants on Parade!

Quote Originally Posted by SQUATMAN View Post
    Since she's collaborating with Gilby, why not see if Heart would let her do one of their songs?

Crazy On You, Barracuda, or Zep's Rock and Roll
    I could TOTALLY hear her singing Barracuda (and Hearts a band that got their start locally woot!). That is one of those song i love cranking up whenever i hear it on the radio. That would be an awesome song.

Time to Come Back, Boys Arielflies's Avatar
    http://www.myspace.com/dilanarox

The calendar on her myspace page has her playing with Magni's band in Iceland on September 30. I'm glad the "guys" are still rockin together. Though they should both be in the New Years show and on tour starting January 1...but in the meantime - it's get that cd together and tune up for tour!
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

In my own little corner, in my own little chair...
    Quote Originally Posted by Arielflies View Post
    http://www.myspace.com/dilanarox

The calendar on her myspace page has her playing with Magni's band in Iceland on September 30. I'm glad the "guys" are still rockin together. Though they should both be in the New Years show and on tour starting January 1...but in the meantime - it's get that cd together and tune up for tour!
    From what I understand, none of the finalists will be performing at the New Year's show - just Lukas and Supernova. They will start touring with SN in January. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Blues Songstres View Post
    From what I understand, none of the finalists will be performing at the New Year's show - just Lukas and Supernova. They will start touring with SN in January. Correct me if I'm wrong.
    Dilana posted in her friends bullitin that it's just SN, none of the other people like Magni, Tobi, or herself, are playing the New Years gig.

FORT Fanatic

anything on dilana?

its been two months since the show's end and i am wondering if there has been any news lately on dilana. she was clearly the best one and i have been awaiting anything on her.

Her myspace (dilanarox) shows a ton of tour dates in November and December.
    Never let the things you want make you forget about the things you have.

Dilana's set as an opening for Supernova wasn't quite what I expected, she was good, but it was definitely not what I was thiniking it would be. She played with an acoustic guitarist (Christian? I think that was his name but could easily be mistaken) and backing track but no band. That was one of the things that I enjoyed about her show performances was the interaction with the band, so it was missed. It was a nice set that featured both Roxanne and Time After Time from the show as well as three other of her originals. I'll definitely be on the lookout for more of her music down the road

Quote Originally Posted by libra1022;2208209;
    She played with an acoustic guitarist (Christian? I think that was his name but could easily be mistaken) and backing track but no band.
    As soon as his visa problem gets worked out, that guitarist will apparently be Magni.

And speaking of Magni: According to posts on his official fansite, he and his wife are divorcing.

+ Reply to Thread