+ Reply to Thread
Page 22 of 27 FirstFirst ... 12131415161718192021222324252627 LastLast

Thread: Dilana - Supernova

Maybe I'm in the few people who actually liked Dilana's own song. No, she's probably not the best songwriter, but it was true to her style. Bad thing is it's not really true to Supernova's style. (whatever that is)

I was quite certain Dilana would be leaving rather than Storm, however, I think SN actually kept her on one more week so she can be more aptly let go next time around leaving 3 boys to front the band.

They knew Storm had it going on too good to front them and was better off on her own. So they did a sweet farewell while they had the chance.

Who really can figure out what these guys want anyway?
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

FORT Fanatic
    Quote Originally Posted by misskitty View Post
    Maybe I'm in the few people who actually liked Dilana's own song. No, she's probably not the best songwriter, but it was true to her style. Bad thing is it's not really true to Supernova's style. (whatever that is)

I was quite certain Dilana would be leaving rather than Storm, however, I think SN actually kept her on one more week so she can be more aptly let go next time around leaving 3 boys to front the band.

They knew Storm had it going on too good to front them and was better off on her own. So they did a sweet farewell while they had the chance.

Who really can figure out what these guys want anyway?

i also liked dilana's song, and i cant get it out of my head. i think the viewers just are afraid to vote against supernova. if they didnt criticize that song,dilana probably wouldnt have been in the b3 as more people would have voted for her. i hope she still has a chance, but fear its too late as the audience will probably no longer vote, so now its up to supernova. so if dilana rocks it next week and has the best of the bunch, if she goes home it will be a big mistake. i think supernova has been in agreement too much with the viewers, and not really making the right decisions. they think if they choose dilana they wont sell, and that is a BIG lie! if dilana wins, they will sell! lets see how fast dilana goes up the charts compared to tobynova.

FORT Newbie
    Well it seems SN may not have been as sensitive to it all as some might have hoped ...

Sept 8th
    SUPERNOVA/ex-GUNS N' ROSES guitarist Gilby Clarke tells AOL Music he was surprised by how the "Rock Star: Supernova" voting has turned on original frontrunner Dilana, who was grilled by co-host Dave Navarro for bad-mouthing her fellow contestants. "She wasn't chastised by any band members, if you noticed," Clarke said. "Dave made a comment, like, 'What are you doing?' Did you notice the three of us shut our mouths? Because we've all been there. We've all made mistakes, and to be honest with you, I didn't think it was that big of a mistake."
    aolmusicnewsblog.com/2006/09/08/rockstar-gilby-clarke-gets-real

Drama aside ... bring on the ROCK!!!
    Last edited by ShrinkingViolet; 09-09-2006 at 02:58 AM. Reason: Add link

Quote Originally Posted by Remus Lupin View Post
    Then she didn't do her homework. Even INXS last year, although they had Andrew Fariss, put a lot of emphasis on songwriting ability. Supernova has whom for songwriting? Tommy Lee? Gilby? Jason? Based on the four songs they've showcased so far, we're seeing what sort of material they've come up with. In any case, it's highly debatable if Dilana is even the best singer. On some songs she sounds very good but I would place Magni, Toby, and Storm ahead of her in singing ability.
    None of these original songs this year can hold a candle to Marty Casey's "Trees" from last year. Does anyone here have any idea what kind of rock band SuperNova is going to be. So far it seems like they are trying to relive their old bands rather than create a cutting edge band of the 21st Century. If they wanted some new and edgy they'd have to go with Lucas. Dilanta pulls her style from classic Joblin in the sixties and Toby and Magnus both remind me of early 90's singers.

sigh

Marty was great...absolutely great.

FORT Newbie

New Outlaw-Dilana

Quote Originally Posted by realityfan25 View Post
    i also liked dilana's song, and i cant get it out of my head. i think the viewers just are afraid to vote against supernova. if they didnt criticize that song,dilana probably wouldnt have been in the b3 as more people would have voted for her. i hope she still has a chance, but fear its too late as the audience will probably no longer vote, so now its up to supernova. so if dilana rocks it next week and has the best of the bunch, if she goes home it will be a big mistake. I think supernova has been in agreement too much with the viewers, and not really making the right decisions. they think if they choose dilana they wont sell, and that is a BIG lie! if dilana wins, they will sell! lets see how fast dilana goes up the charts compared to tobynova.
    -Dilana is definately someone to keep your eye on. She is awesome...What is going to count is AFTER the show..Toby, Magni, and Lukas are good but they sound alike..they are not memorable in any way...sad to say...other bands who have an original sound will outdo them fast!..and too...many of the band out there sound the same also..but..Dilana has a voice that you remember...She is the outlaw of the group..If the show did anything...it was to bring a new talent that is going to go further than Supernova...Dilana does not have to write songs..songs will be written for her...She has presence...even though all the stuff happened..well..it has happened to the best who have become icons...I hope Supernove picks one of the guys...they would do best in that type of band...but ...hide and watch..Dilana will be the famous one of the group...even the show last year was by no means a show that brought this caliber of talent that dilana brought to the show...She will become a sell out and Supernova will be the opening band if they are still around..

Time to Come Back, Boys Arielflies's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by marymaryo View Post
    -Dilana is definately someone to keep your eye on. She is awesome...What is going to count is AFTER the show..Toby, Magni, and Lukas are good but they sound alike..they are not memorable in any way...sad to say...other bands who have an original sound will outdo them fast!..and too...many of the band out there sound the same also..but..Dilana has a voice that you remember...She is the outlaw of the group..If the show did anything...it was to bring a new talent that is going to go further than Supernova...Dilana does not have to write songs..songs will be written for her...She has presence...even though all the stuff happened..well..it has happened to the best who have become icons...I hope Supernove picks one of the guys...they would do best in that type of band...but ...hide and watch..Dilana will be the famous one of the group...even the show last year was by no means a show that brought this caliber of talent that dilana brought to the show...She will become a sell out and Supernova will be the opening band if they are still around..
    AND a BIG to the FORT marymaryo! Dilana is a wonderful performer and you are right - someone else can write the songs for her. If she doesn't get chosen as Lead for SN, she is still one of the four who will go on the tour as part of the House Band. She will be so much more effective on video than on an album, though, and that may hurt her chances to get the buzz needed to climb the charts. I really, really hope I am wrong. On the webisode for this week, all of them were looking at their pictures hanging on the wall and I think it was Toby who said her Lithium encore photo was of the scary chick (paraphrase). That was my first impression of her and I found her fascinating from that first song.

So GO DILANA Love you or hate you - you are a ROCK force to be reckoned with.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

FORT Newbie
    I think the lack of songwriting ability is a major knock on her, and one which will probably prevent her from winning, even though she is by far my favorite performer.

On the other hand, just because she has demonstrated the ability to write songs doesn't mean she would bring a voice and nothing else to the band. Although she might not be able to contribute original material as well as the other three, she has been responsible for rearranging her songs this season and I think she's done a fantastic job there. Songs like "Ring of Fire," "Roxanne" and "Time After Time" aren't from the same planet as where I imagine Supernova is heading, yet she made them work in a way that impressed the band.

IMO at this point in time, people will probably buy tickets to Supernova concerts mainly to see Tommy Lee.

But they'll buy CDs to hear Dilana.

And by the time the next tour comes around -- they'll be buying tickets to see her too.

Dilana!
    Love lives forever <3

FORT Fanatic
    i went to dilana's site, and got some clips of her songs. they were kind of short, but more rawer than what she sung on the show. marty isnt the only one to take on britney, so did dilana. but instead of calling it "baby one more time", the song is labeled "britney". oh, but there is one thing i would not want to hear on there....and that is her poppy music video. that was like a teen crush video. other than that i did like the setting but not the music or the girly expressions of fawning over a action movie character. she had to be rather young when making that, say in her 20's, early 20's. she reminded me of that britney video from crossroads. glad that she is hard rock now!

+ Reply to Thread