+ Reply to Thread
Page 21 of 27 FirstFirst ... 1112131415161718192021222324252627 LastLast

Thread: Dilana - Supernova

Farewell Dilana. I know this message is premature (written the morning of the elimination show) but I saw your face after the edited package aired on last night's performance show. You know it's over.

You brought me back to rock and roll with your performances, but I see that you need more than that to work with this makeshift trio of maniacs. We now know they are looking for a songwriter/singer and you admit you aren't a songwriter. We also know that because of the short timeframe for this competition there isn't time to climb out of a depression; which is another mark against you. You need to pull back, heal, rest and reevaluate.

Thank you Dilana for showing me that the new rock and roll is just as interesting (if not more so) than the old rock and roll. You ROCK!
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

I still believe she will be in final four. The fact is she is the most interesting, and I don't mean all the offstage drama, but she has been the most interesting to watch all season. There are others who are good, but I feel like I've been there and seen that already. It's hard to imagine they wouldn't put her in the finale considering she has performed so well.

JR.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arielflies View Post
    You brought me back to rock and roll with your performances, but I see that you need more than that to work with this makeshift trio of maniacs. We now know they are looking for a songwriter/singer and you admit you aren't a songwriter.
    I think not being a songwriter is a bigger strike against her than her previous comments. Unless SN plans to use an outside writer, having her front the band would be a disaster even though she has a good voice and stage presense.

I agreed with Dilana's statement that she thought she was trying out for a singing role not a songwriter role. My preference is for the best singer.

Quote Originally Posted by Salty Sea Hag View Post
    I agreed with Dilana's statement that she thought she was trying out for a singing role not a songwriter role. My preference is for the best singer.

Yes, me too. Since I find most pop & rock lyrics stupid and lame, I can't find fault with someone who doesn't write that crap. I mean, look at Ryan's song, "The Back Seat of My Car." It's just so stupid, yet people seem to think it's a commendable song. Go figure.

I believe it's much harder to find a unique/good singer. Also, when I listen to a song I want good vocals and music. I could care less if the person singing did or did not write that song.

Let's face it..."control, alt, delete" won't cut it unless you're a computer nerd. I was cringing when I heard Dilana utter those words as lyrics for her song.

FORT Newbie
    Dilana, your song truly was amazing. I think you can write songs that can be felt deep in someones soul. You have had to face the witch hunt that obviously no one else had to do, and you seem to have triumphed now. If anyone has ever listened to Joplin, Grace Slick or Stevie Nicks, then they would know that they are watching a person to join such Rock Divas. Thank you so much for bringing Rock back the way it was: raw, gutsy, original and verrrrry special. You are the Nova!

Quote Originally Posted by TorenWorks View Post
    Dilana, your song truly was amazing. I think you can write songs that can be felt deep in someones soul. You have had to face the witch hunt that obviously no one else had to do, and you seem to have triumphed now. If anyone has ever listened to Joplin, Grace Slick or Stevie Nicks, then they would know that they are watching a person to join such Rock Divas. Thank you so much for bringing Rock back the way it was: raw, gutsy, original and verrrrry special. You are the Nova!
    Yes, the first time I heard Dilana I thought of Joplin, the new Joplin.
    But, the last couple of weeks she has let me down. I still want her to win or go on her own, with some good songs she could be a Diva.
    The personal stuff doesn't bother me, it's all about the music. I don't have to live with her.

Quote Originally Posted by TorenWorks View Post
    This is my un-farewell to Dilana. I'm eating crow and it tastes all right if you sautee it in the right sauce.

TorenWorks - I couldn't agree more. Even before I saw White Rabbit pop up on the song board I wanted to hear Dilana sing it. After Phil massacred it, I wanted to cry. LA Guy says she treated them to some Joplin while a glitch with the lights was fixed on Tuesday...wish they had included that in our tape.

Dilana - no more premature farewells! You Rock!
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by Salty Sea Hag View Post
    Then she didn't do her homework. Even INXS last year, although they had Andrew Fariss, put a lot of emphasis on songwriting ability. Supernova has whom for songwriting? Tommy Lee? Gilby? Jason? Based on the four songs they've showcased so far, we're seeing what sort of material they've come up with. In any case, it's highly debatable if Dilana is even the best singer. On some songs she sounds very good but I would place Magni, Toby, and Storm ahead of her in singing ability.

+ Reply to Thread