+ Reply to Thread
Page 19 of 27 FirstFirst ... 9101112131415161718192021222324252627 LastLast

Thread: Dilana - Supernova

All right - conceded as objective. But on camera we had objective evidence of both Lukas and Toby passed out drunk. Perhaps they were too heavy a sack of potatoes to carry out of the suite. If he was going to bring up one example, he should have brought up three. Sorry, this whole scenario of Dilana losing the competition because of failing a test outside of the music has gotten to me and I apologize for my own emotional reaction. I Hope her reaction is better than mine.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

FORT Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by Blues Songstres View Post

As for Dilana, I think they saw her as running away with the whole thing and had to knock her down a peg or two.
    That was my feeling too. She is not right for the band and they don't want her to win. But she was the obvious frontrunner and a favorite among many viewers. They had to knock her down so they can select a different winner without having a viewer backlash.

I find this a bit odd, since she was a front runner as a direct result of the band. They were the ones who have lavished her with praise, the ones who picked her first for singing with them on stage.

You know as importants as it is for the rockers to choose their songs wisely, it is just as important for SuperNova to choose thier words wisely. When they diss a performance, most of the time that performer ends up in B3. Viewers, not as a whole, but a good percentage of them choose thier votes based on what the bands says.

I like Dilana, but not sure I would like a entire album of Dilana. And pretty sure I wouldn't like an entire album of SuperNova with Dilana. LOL, it might take Jordis at her prettiest voice to stomach a entire album of SuperNova!
    "How do you know the chosen ones? No greater love hath a man than he lay down his life for his friend. Not for millions, not for glory, not for fame... for one person. In the dark. Where no one will ever know or see." - Sebastion, Babylon 5

Dilana won't win. She'll make final 3 but will be at the receiving end of the Tommyhawk. She is the best singer in the comp. but her age/un-youthful appearance will be her undoing. Sad but true.

Quote Originally Posted by Fudatskee View Post
    Dilana won't win. She'll make final 3 but will be at the receiving end of the Tommyhawk. She is the best singer in the comp. but her age/un-youthful appearance will be her undoing. Sad but true.
    Storm is several years older than Dilana. So you have to be arguing for Toby or Lukas (since Magni being married is just as much of a turn-off if we are being youth-centric).

Ages:

Magni: 28 (but married w/. kids)
    Toby: 28
    Lukas: 29
    Storm: 37 (but obviously VERY well preserved)
    Dilana: 33

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

Wow. I would never have guessed that Storm was 4 years older than Dilana. She most certainly IS well-preserved!

Quote Originally Posted by Arielflies View Post
    All right - conceded as objective. But on camera we had objective evidence of both Lukas and Toby passed out drunk. Perhaps they were too heavy a sack of potatoes to carry out of the suite. If he was going to bring up one example, he should have brought up three. Sorry, this whole scenario of Dilana losing the competition because of failing a test outside of the music has gotten to me and I apologize for my own emotional reaction. I Hope her reaction is better than mine.

John, it's true that Tommy was just stating the facts, as he saw them. But it's still "airing dirty laundry in public" unnecessarily. He didn't have to rat on anyone, and who can say there weren't embarrassing stories he could have told about the others but chose not to.
    Dogs have owners. Cats have staff. ;-D

In my own little corner, in my own little chair...
    Quote Originally Posted by John View Post
    In my mind, stating that someone got falling down drunk isn't "dissing on them". It's stating a fact. Completely unlike the comments Dilana made.
    As far as I'm concerned, all the comments that Dilana made were "stating facts" as well. It's not as though she said they were all reprobates or something. And from what I've heard, NO ONE other than Lukas was innocent of dissing their fellow contestants in that press clinic. Dilana was just the one they decided to feature. I wouldn't blame her if she said "Kiss my a$$" and walked away, but the girl really wants this.

In my own little corner, in my own little chair...
    Quote Originally Posted by Pace View Post
    That was my feeling too. She is not right for the band and they don't want her to win. But she was the obvious frontrunner and a favorite among many viewers. They had to knock her down so they can select a different winner without having a viewer backlash.
    I don't think it was an act by Supernova. If they would have actually aired some of SN's reactions to this whole mess, you would see how much they disliked the "reality" edits. It seems to me to be a ploy of the Mark Burnett camp.

FORT Fanatic
    For Pete's sake, you call a 75 year old woman "well preserved." You do not call a 37 year old woman well preserved. Storm is a beautiful girl, not a pot of jam.
    Dilana might appropriately be called well preserved, being as she is one of the undead walking amongst us.

+ Reply to Thread