+ Reply to Thread
Page 17 of 27 FirstFirst ... 7891011121314151617181920212223242526 ... LastLast

Thread: Dilana - Supernova

I really didn't know what happened to Dilana tonight. Sheesh. That was really disappointing. Sure she stuck her foot in it, but what rocker doesn't now and then. At least she got it overwith. And she'll suffer the consequences which could mean the prize is no longer within reach.

Everything is just so edited in these shows. Who knows what will crop up later on for another performer.

I honestly don't understand why show contestants never think that being able to deal with the media and the public at parties is an important part of the job.
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

FORT Fogey
    are ratings the reason for these producers? i know they are not that good, but do they think dilana dominating is turning viewers off. that is utter bull___! whats wrong with her running the show? she is the best! some people just dont like her style of music and prefers the punk pop crap that is today. dilana sings what real rock is about. its got to be rocking, but its gotta have passion, like poetry being sung in a rocking manner. i have never seen a female rock artist like what dilana will be since alanis morrisette in the 90s. the woman is gifted, GIFTED!

Goddess of Looks & Books nliedel's Avatar
    Girl apologised, let's move on. She's been consistantly entertaining, but last night you could tell the stress has really gotten to her. She was off and that was sad. I can't blame her about it one bit though.
    I sling romance and makeup
    Home BlogMakeup Blog

Dilana's Psycho Killer was cringe-inducing. Just horrible. Sounded as if she were in pain. She doesn't seem to improve week to week - if anything, her style is getting old (looking freaky, jumping around alot, and screaming).

"It's a dog eat dog world out there and I'm wearing Milkbone underwear." - Norm from Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by GT Mom View Post
    Dilana's Psycho Killer was cringe-inducing. Just horrible. Sounded as if she were in pain.
    She is in pain. Yes, she deserved the chastisement for being too open with the press but she doesn't deserve the continuing public outcry as a result. From the audience small applause at her name being called to SuperNova's stone faces, anyone with a sensitive soul would be affected. She can't grow a thick skin in 7 days - can't be done if at all. When she dedicated Psycho Killer to herself she was working on raw emotion and raw emotion is what she produced with that song. This was a song she had never sung before but it spoke to her in her current abyss.

I hate the fact that Lukas has received a redemption edit the last two shows while Dilana has been painted in the darkest light. The woman has talent, a gift and an ego. Now she also has a super ego (as in self critic) which may shut it all down. This whole scene makes me very sad.

By the way - where were the canned ooohs and ahhhhs that LA Guy wrote about? Why weren't they used in the show edit when Dilana's name was called? Why were we left with the image that she no longer exists in the eyes of the public? Because as so many here on the board would want - she doesn't? Now that makes me sad.

Come Back Dilana wherever you are.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

FORT Regular
    I can't believe that the voting audience would be so stupid as to stop voting for Dilana on the basis of "Waaaaaaaaaaaaah she's so meeeeeeeeeeean!!!!"

No wait--I can. Never mind. I was giving people too much credit.

stuck on an island with creepy ferret faced Ben
    I thought we and Dilana were over the "incident". I thought Mother Mother was her way of getting out her angst and showing her fans she is back as strong as ever.

Then we get, "I chose Psycho Killer, and I'm dedicating it to myself." What does that mean? Is she relating to the lyrics? We all knew she was safe. She knew she was safe. What worrys me is that instead of re-establishing her place as frontrunner by killing a classic song, a different song altogether, she balked at that and thought she could get by by just going psycho.

By the looks on Supernova's faces, the choice may have jeopardized her chances. You could see the blood drain from Tommy's face, and the looks of "is she going to get like this on tour?", "do I want to deal with that?".

If it came down to #1 Dilana and #5 Storm, I'd chose Storm to go on tour with. She has handled a boatload of criticisms with a positive attitude. She's always up dancing, encouraging the others during their songs. Her voice isn't always on the mark, but it's still amazing.

Any of the remaining 5 would do well with fronting Supernova. If it came down to Personality, Dilana and Lukas would be a double elimination. Problem is, they seem to be the top two in the Best Fit catagory.

Quote Originally Posted by Arielflies View Post
    She is in pain. From the audience small applause at her name being called to SuperNova's stone faces, anyone with a sensitive soul would be affected. She can't grow a thick skin in 7 days - can't be done if at all. When she dedicated Psycho Killer to herself she was working on raw emotion and raw emotion is what she produced with that song. This was a song she had never sung before but it spoke to her in her current abyss.
    She's sung the song before a) they have a rehearsal for the song b) I don't think she learned
    Ce que j'ai fais, ce soir la
    Ce qu'elle a dit, ce soir la
    Realisant mon espoir
    Je me lance, vers la gloire ...

in a day.

I thought Dilana proclaimed she was over it, she learned from it and she was ready to move on. Those words came out of her mouth, right?

I'm sure next week she'll be back to normal.

Abby Normal
    Last edited by SQUATMAN; 08-31-2006 at 11:20 AM.

Somehow she is not over it. She is the one not willing to let go. She is the one riding the "poor me" train. She is the one about to jump the track.......

Quote Originally Posted by Arielflies View Post
    By the way - where were the canned ooohs and ahhhhs that LA Guy wrote about? Why weren't they used in the show edit when Dilana's name was called? Why were we left with the image that she no longer exists in the eyes of the public? Because as so many here on the board would want - she doesn't? Now that makes me sad.
    I don't think LAGuy meant that they were literally canned Ooohs and Ahhhs... just that the concert of immediate oooohs and ahhhhs sounded canned.

I'm actually wondering if Dilana's done something to piss off the producers to the point they wanted to do this to her. This seems more than just a little "manufactured" drama exposed just to create ratings. There really seems to be an agenda behind it.
    Never let the things you want make you forget about the things you have.

stuck on an island with creepy ferret faced Ben
    Quote Originally Posted by SQUATMAN View Post
    She's sung the song before a) they have a rehearsal for the song b) I don't think she learned
    Ce que j'ai fais, ce soir la
    Ce qu'elle a dit, ce soir la
    Realisant mon espoir
    Je me lance, vers la gloire ...

in a day.
    Actually, she only tried singing the first line of that and then cut the rest.

I didn't hate the performance the second watch. It was her "oohh, Iiiii, Arrr, ah" chants in between songs that made me cringe. The rest was "good". Frightening, but good.
    Last edited by SQUATMAN; 08-31-2006 at 01:02 PM.

+ Reply to Thread