+ Reply to Thread
Page 16 of 27 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314151617181920212223242526 ... LastLast

Thread: Dilana - Supernova

Or . . . Storm would have kicked Ryan's butt!

stuck on an island with creepy ferret faced Ben
    Quote Originally Posted by ShrinkingViolet View Post
    Or . . . Storm would have kicked Ryan's butt!
    exactly...a lose/lose situation

THEN his appearance would really have a constipated-looking scowl.......

It seems to me that they are a little quicker to highlight and critisize when a woman is being bitchy (Dilana, Jill and Patrice). The guys, especially ryan and lukas have had their bad moments too and they haven't been called on it the same way.

LKH
    That's not my point. I wasn't suggesting that he ought to punch her lights out to get the song - or let her punch his. But he could have....oh, I don't know... NOT BEEN SUCH A SOURPUSS about it!

He could have passed it off as a joke - which it sounded to me like it was. He could have laughingly said, "I know SN said you should fight for the songs you want, but I don't think they meant literally." ANYTHING but whining about how mean and scarily violent she is and going "wah, mommy, the big buxom redhead is picking on me!"

I agree, too, about the guys being just as guilty. The "media clinic" is kind of a dumb test to see how these people will act with reporters. Dilana flunked it in a huge way - proving that she did not see it for what it was. But if you REALLY want to know whether these people would dish on their fellow band members to a live camera in a way that will impact the audience's impression of them, then pay attention to the confessionals. Ryan and Lukas, especially, have been relentlessly ripping other performers. It's still a live camera, and they do still know that their comments could be aired to the public. They just don't know that this is a test, so this shows us what they're really like.

L

I've noticed her behaviour for some time now, even before her stupid childish comments. I simply don't think she's got the best voice.. she's an amazing performer. But that's about it for me. I used to vote for her all the time. Not anymore, and I wanted her to win. Maybe she'll be able to change my mind.

Dilana sure did backpedal when confronted by SN about trashing her fellow contestants, but what else could she do? They weren't cheering her actions so she knew she had to do some serious making up. How anyone could believe that she was genuinely sorry for her media comments is beyond me. SN needs to weigh this heavily to decide if this is the type of person they want to work with. To accept her false words of apology and move on like they never happened is letting her get away with media murder.

LKH
    She seemed more irritated at being called out than genuinely remorseful. But hopefully once she got back to the mansion she had a chance to think it through a little more and sort herself out. Seems like even when we're wrong, the first instinct is to defend ourselves.

L

stuck on an island with creepy ferret faced Ben
    Quote Originally Posted by LKH View Post
    Ryan and Lukas, especially, have been relentlessly ripping other performers.
    I watched the past four episodes and Dilana has more "rips".

The only bad rip for Ryan was saying Dana was too "pop", which has an eliment of truth. He ripped on Toby and Lukas for being the "rockers" but passing out at 10:30, but Jason said he frowned on people taking it too far. He ripped on Lukas for strolling out of the group writing session, but you have to give him a for that.

You know, defending Ryan seems as tough to do as picking I Will Survive to sing, but it seems to me that he has been far from "relentlessly ripping" people.

It's one thing to "RIP" on someone in the DR. It's completely different doing so to the media and PR.

Especially if you're going to be working with the like of Super Nova.. Come on face it, each of them are Drama Queen's in their own right, hence why they now have their own band. Since they have their own issues, would you put up with her's too? I certainly wouldn't.

Quote Originally Posted by AndoraStar View Post
    It's one thing to "RIP" on someone in the DR. It's completely different doing so to the media and PR.

Especially if you're going to be working with the like of Super Nova.. Come on face it, each of them are Drama Queen's in their own right, hence why they now have their own band. Since they have their own issues, would you put up with her's too? I certainly wouldn't.
    I completely agree - especially with your first sentence. I don't understand her appeal either visually or vocally.

+ Reply to Thread