+ Reply to Thread
Page 15 of 27 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213141516171819202122232425 ... LastLast

Thread: Dilana - Supernova

Kicked out of the hive dzzyedge's Avatar
    I haven't posted in here before, but I have been watching this season. I really liked Dilana the first couple of performances, but then it seemed like she didn't think she could improve. (Does that make sense?) Her performances all sound the same, and unlike a couple of others, she just doesn't seem to be able to 'wow' me with anything. She's gotten boring to me, and after the show last night, and the way she came across as 'better than everyone else' I would love to see her get 'humbled'. Drop the 'attitude' it's not cute.

She may have an amazing voice, but she needs to remember that there's more to it than that. There are enough Diva's out there, we don't need another one!

Following is from Dave Navarro's personal blog.....

Moving Right Along...

OK. We hammered Dilana pretty good the other night. I got into it with her about her comments and she caved quite a bit. I do, however, appreciate that she owned up to it all eventually and because of that I can forgive her. These kids don't live in the real world and they really have lost touch with the fact that anything really exists beyond the house and the show. The fact remains, she simply f@#$%d up. At the end of the day, it's not really a big deal. I can't tell you how many times I have f@#$%d up over the years. A story or article will come out that I did and I will cringe reading back my own words. We taught her a lesson. One I am sure she will never forget. For me, it's over and I think it is time to move on. Let's focus again on the singing and the talent onstage. The press clinic was just that. A clinic. It was there to learn from and I think nobody learned more than she did. Honestly, you think that Tommy has always contained himself in the press? Hahaha! You think I have? No way dude! In fact, I am currently in Toronto doing a press junket and I can almost promise you that I will say something stupid at some point! It just happens. I am not back peddling here I am simply saying that we should get over it and cut her a little slack. It's all part of the audition process. At the end of the day, Dilana is one of the strongest performers on the show and I am a huge fan of her talent.

http://blog.myspace.com/index.cfm?fu...ogID=159549854

It's nice to have some input from someone in the thick of things...I agree with Navarro....Dilana messed up, owned up, apologized, and moved on.
    Never take life too seriously....no one makes it out alive anyway

FORT Regular
    I have a problem with people defending Dilana on the basis of her comment of this being a compeition. Yes it is a competition - a singing competition. There are no extra scores for backstabbing your fellow contestants. If you are the right person, you get the gig. Simple as that. That is something you have to prove on stage, not talking smack on TV. In fact, I'd go so far as to say that this kind of behaviour is going to work against her. These guys have experience. They have ALL been in a band before where there was SPECIFICALLY a problem between then and their lead singer (Axl, Vince and James respectfully) and they are surely looking out for signs of a troublesome personality as well...

In my own little corner, in my own little chair...
    Quote Originally Posted by Dilanafan View Post
    It's nice to have some input from someone in the thick of things...I agree with Navarro....Dilana messed up, owned up, apologized, and moved on.
    I couldn't agree more.

Quote Originally Posted by Dylan View Post
    I have a problem with people defending Dilana on the basis of her comment of this being a compeition. Yes it is a competition - a singing competition. There are no extra scores for backstabbing your fellow contestants. If you are the right person, you get the gig. Simple as that. That is something you have to prove on stage, not talking smack on TV. In fact, I'd go so far as to say that this kind of behaviour is going to work against her. These guys have experience. They have ALL been in a band before where there was SPECIFICALLY a problem between then and their lead singer (Axl, Vince and James respectfully) and they are surely looking out for signs of a troublesome personality as well...
    Though I think she should have kept her mouth shut, I wasn't particularly shocked or upset by anything she said. As far as Supernova goes, they gave her the opportunity to learn the lesson BEFORE she can make it on a bigger scale. I really doubt she is going to do something like that again, and I'm sure SN knows that as well. She admitted her mistake, apologized and I, for one, am moving on.

Quote Originally Posted by LKH View Post
    I'm not ready to discount her entirely yet. She is still hands-down the best performer contending for this gig. Storm comes in a close second. The rest are either arrogant in their own ways (Lukas) or just meh. I love Toby, but when he played with the band, I found myself drifting off about a minute into the song. If they don't want to be just another rock band, if they want to be a level above, they need something extraordinary, and Dilana is extraordinary.

But no amount of talent is worth putting up with a prima donna. If she goes back to the mansion and takes inventory and tries to make amends, then I'm still firmly in her corner. If she continues to defend it, then I agree, they should send her home. It'll cost them something important - that "it" thing that will raise them above the masses of rock bands. But they can find another way to get "it" if they have good instincts, and no amount of talent is worth keeping someone who treats people badly. Maybe the guys in Supernova have thick enough skins they can handle it, but on this tour, they'll be dealing with lots of other people, and if word gets around that she's a diva PIA, that will also hurt them in huge ways. There's a reason nobody wants to make movies with Barbra Streisand anymore. She still has the best pipes in the business, but people finally realized that it wasn't worth the ulcers.

L
    I agree with you. From my vantage point near the rocker pod on Wednesday, I could see that she was truly upset by the situation. She knows she screwed up, and I'm sure she's smart enough to do her best to make amends.

I know you didn't mention this, but I've seen comments in other posts regarding Dilana chanting her name during "Every Breath You Take". I couldn't care less if she did or didn't. Total non-issue to me.

And on another note, it really irritated me to see how smug Ryan looked during this whole thing. Just a few weeks ago it was him on the hotseat, and he ought not forget that.

You know, I didn't even notice that Dilana chanted her name during "Every Breath You Take." OK, I was multi-tasking at the time while I was listening and watching, to be sure, but still ...
    Dogs have owners. Cats have staff. ;-D

Quote Originally Posted by Grisabella View Post
    You know, I didn't even notice that Dilana chanted her name during "Every Breath You Take." OK, I was multi-tasking at the time while I was listening and watching, to be sure, but still ...
    When she chanted her own name, and I am giving her the benefit of the doubt here, but it could be that her mother used to chant this to her during the song when she was a little child. Just a hunch.
    And if I claim to be a wise man, it surely means that I don't know ~ Kansas

LKH
    Don't get me started on Ryan! It seems to me he takes himself far too seriously. On the webisode, while I could understand his irritation with Dilana, his reactions to other things, like Storm's suggestion that they go outside and box for the original song, were just really pi$$y and dour and 'I am OFFENDED that you would even think of such violence', and the way he treated the house band was really belittling.

Plus, even when he manages to crack a smile, he just looks uncomfortably constipated. He seriously needs to relax and have some fun before he turns into a gassy old curmudgeon that people avoid on the street.

L

stuck on an island with creepy ferret faced Ben
    If Ryan were to take up Storm with her silly offer to box for a song, I'm sure there would have been a huge backlash for hit fighting/hitting a woman.

Apperancewise...EVS.

+ Reply to Thread