+ Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 27 FirstFirst ... 456789101112131415161718192021222324 ... LastLast

Thread: Dilana - Supernova

At the risk of repeating anything that previous pages might have said..... she is quite an arrogant b*@#*! Has anyone viewed the reality clips on the SuperNova website?? I was shocked! I had noticed that she was beginning to feel confidant in her top position of late, but really!!! I just started tuning into this show at week 4. Actually liked her, but thought she was too Cindy Lauperish. (Love Cindy - not right to front a rock band) Just spent an hour viewing the reality clips from week 7 & 8.

Watch them! She is quite comfortable dogging everyone!!!! Even to the press! Everyone else in the house went out of their way to avoid saying anything negative about the others. She had no problem dishing it out with a pitchfork.

Dilantin.......if you want to win, try doing it based on your talent. It is so high school to try to dog everyone else in efforts to make yourself look good. We are all adults at this point, we see through the bull!!
    Last edited by ShrinkingViolet; 08-23-2006 at 06:15 PM.

I'm no longer a fan of Dilana. I don't care how great she can sing, nothing will erase the memory of how she trashed her housemates. I felt nothing when I watched her perform last night. What a shame.

I actually thought her performance stunk last night ... yet they keep giving her props. I'd love to see them get rid of her for being such a snark ... would be hard to trust her ....

WOW.... I finally went and watched the first 2 of this week's webisodes to see what all of the Dilana fuss was about, and I have to agree that I was absolutely shocked.

Shocked not only about Dilana's lack of restraint (she probably just cost herself the gig. She's not THAT far above the rest of the rockers), but also because I really respected Lukas' responses where he exhibited the utmost of restraint, especially to the Rolling Stone guy.

And I loved the irony of Dilana thinking that Every Breath You Take was going to be her best performance when that was, without a doubt, her worst.
    Never let the things you want make you forget about the things you have.

LKH
    Wow! I still think that Dilana is heads and shoulders above her competition in this show in terms of talent. But it seems that, with colossal talent often comes colossal egos. Whatever happened to, "I'm honored to be standing here with these amazingly talented people?" That's what she said in the 2nd or 3rd show, when they asked why she was helping the much younger performer address some of the criticisms she was getting. Back then, I was impressed that she was talented AND gracious. Now she's just stomping around being a diva, and nobody's so good that people should have to put up with that nonsense.

I really hope that this turns out to be a blessing for this woman. Comeuppances are painful, but if we take what we need from them and grow, they are often the best things that ever happened to us. She hasn't lost this gig yet, but she seriously needs to break out the chapstick and start kissing some a$$ around the house. She needs to find ways to make it up to the people she's hurt, and if she doesn't do that, even if she does still get the gig, she will have lost something much more important.

L

Quote Originally Posted by Broadway View Post
    WOW.... I finally went and watched the first 2 of this week's webisodes to see what all of the Dilana fuss was about, and I have to agree that I was absolutely shocked.

Shocked not only about Dilana's lack of restraint (she probably just cost herself the gig. She's not THAT far above the rest of the rockers), but also because I really respected Lukas' responses where he exhibited the utmost of restraint, especially to the Rolling Stone guy.

And I loved the irony of Dilana thinking that Every Breath You Take was going to be her best performance when that was, without a doubt, her worst.

I agree. First off, kudos to Lukas for not stooping to Dilana's level, even on the results show when he saw what she said about him to the reporters.

Secondly, I loved Dilana at the beginning of this season, but she's been rubbing me the wrong way since that Vegas show. When she told Tommy that she was the "one" and to send everyone else home....man, she crossed the line from confidence to complete arrogance and that turned me off.

Finally, the fact that she says she's too honest and that's why she dissed her housemates.....PLEASE. That's a lame excuse. She's old enough to know better, and for being in the "business" for so long, she definitely should know when to keep her mouth shut. :nono

It's one thing to say your housemates annoy you in your confessionals....but to a freaking reporter? During a Media Clinic? COME ON. Her ego has gotten too big for her britches. I am no longer a fan, and frankly, I hope she goes soon.

Salty, Smooches, Broadway & Juls...I totally agree with all your posts.

LKH
    I'm not ready to discount her entirely yet. She is still hands-down the best performer contending for this gig. Storm comes in a close second. The rest are either arrogant in their own ways (Lukas) or just meh. I love Toby, but when he played with the band, I found myself drifting off about a minute into the song. If they don't want to be just another rock band, if they want to be a level above, they need something extraordinary, and Dilana is extraordinary.

But no amount of talent is worth putting up with a prima donna. If she goes back to the mansion and takes inventory and tries to make amends, then I'm still firmly in her corner. If she continues to defend it, then I agree, they should send her home. It'll cost them something important - that "it" thing that will raise them above the masses of rock bands. But they can find another way to get "it" if they have good instincts, and no amount of talent is worth keeping someone who treats people badly. Maybe the guys in Supernova have thick enough skins they can handle it, but on this tour, they'll be dealing with lots of other people, and if word gets around that she's a diva PIA, that will also hurt them in huge ways. There's a reason nobody wants to make movies with Barbra Streisand anymore. She still has the best pipes in the business, but people finally realized that it wasn't worth the ulcers.

L

But it seems that, with colossal talent often comes colossal egos. Whatever happened to, "I'm honored to be standing here with these amazingly talented people?"
    i couldn't have put it better myself. more than anything i was disappointed, never did i think that after seeing her be very supportive to all the other rockers and being humbled by all the "love" she was feeling from everyone did i expect her to turn like this. she's only getting her feet wet and this is what we should expect from now on? No thanks.... if she keeps that attitude up, she'll lose me too. i don't care how good a performer she is, she has no right to put everyone else beneath her.

oh! and was it just me or did anyone else feel embarassed for her when she was singing/saying "Dilana, Dilana" on "Every Breath You Take?" geez, i wanted to disappear.....

Quote Originally Posted by patty9315 View Post
    oh! and was it just me or did anyone else feel embarassed for her when she was singing/saying "Dilana, Dilana" on "Every Breath You Take?" geez, i wanted to disappear.....
    So did I. I thought it was hopelessly tacky.
    Gustav Holst was right!

LKH
    I'm not sure I see a huge difference between Lukas and some others dishing on fellow performers during confessionals and what she did. They all know that they are speaking to cameras, and that what they say might get on TV and affect how the world thinks about another person. Is it different just because she did it during a media clinic? I don't think it really is.

Doesn't make it right. I really do hope that this kick in the butt will get her thinking straight, and she'll go back to being gracious and helpful to others. But I'd kind of like to see Dave & company point out to the others that maybe their on-camera comments are just as bad.

L

+ Reply to Thread