+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 27 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121314151617181920212223 ... LastLast

Thread: Dilana - Supernova

Dilana is still one of the best in the group. She may have mucked up her lines, and even played it a bit safe, but she's a good "fit" for SN. She's fairly consistent and definitely has the confidence to hang with that big a band. When she takes the stage, she takes the stage. No doubt about it.
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

Here's some info I spotted elsewhere on the web tonight...

Apparently "Dilana Robichaux" used to go by the stage name "Dilana Smith". And Dilana's Smith's career in Amsterdam has a trail you can definitely see. For example, two music videos, on the page linked below:

http://www.redbullet.nl/public/videoclips.htm

I wasn't QUITE sure it was her from the first one, "Breakfast In Central Park", which is well performed but trite, but the second one, "To All Planets" is clearly her. It looks like it ties into some crappy movie none of us really wants to see.

I'm not sure what any of this proves, except maybe tastes are different in the Netherlands. With better material, Dilana might be able to make MUCH better videos than this.

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

stuck on an island with creepy ferret faced Ben
    I enjoyed Magni's range in Starman more than Dilana's Cat's In The Cradle. It was a close call.

It doesn't bother me that she is creeping close to being arrogant. She has earned the right. Just so she doesn't start phoning them in. She has set her self up in a good, but challenging spot where we have high expectations for her every song. I was expecting more from her when she sang Won't Get Fooled Again.

Goddess of Looks & Books nliedel's Avatar
    She was good last night. She is good. Her ego may end it all though, if she's not careful.

Nah. Confidence is good. Its only ugly when people make it ugly, and I don't think she does. We know its not blind confidence, since we've seen her doubt her own performances, even if all the while she may have still be thinking she's the best of this group.

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

FORT Newbie
    I just enjoy watching her dance like a spaz during the other performances.

She's very talented. And she showed in front of (OUR BAND) SN, that she could definitely hold her own.

I still don't see a female winning this competition though.

FORT Newbie
    I still don't get the appeal of Dilana. To me, she sounds like a man--and a crazed Goth man at that.

I could see her fronting Concrete Blonde, or a band like them. Her voice and appearance pin her there. She could work with this band; I don't know.

I'm starting to come around to Storm. I definitely think Magni could do it.

Dilantin honey, Tina Turner YOU ain't!!! And what's the story, you sing flat, screw up the lyrics, and still the "boys" drool and pant over you and call you the best singer on the night constantly. (And Band to be, didn't anyone tell you that a Super Nova is a DYING Star?????) What a stupid name to call yourselves.

I don't see Dilana as arrogant at all. She's just confident in her skill and comfortable with who she is. (I think Storm tries to hard to come off as a tough chick.)
    Lucas is good, but his singing doesn't excite me the way Dilana's does. I love her voice.

No, she ain't Tina. She ain't Janis. She ain't Melissa Ethridge. She ain't Cyndi Lauper. She ain't Kim Carnes. She's got her own voice and style, which can be reminiscent of many great rock voices like those but is not a copy of any of them.

I'm looking forward to her CDs.

But I agree that the Supernova guys probably want a guy to front them.
    Last edited by Grisabella; 08-23-2006 at 05:05 PM.
    Dogs have owners. Cats have staff. ;-D

FORT Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Jake8203 View Post
    (And Band to be, didn't anyone tell you that a Super Nova is a DYING Star?????) What a stupid name to call yourselves.
    Lol... that's right - this is a cosmic suicide...

+ Reply to Thread