+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 27 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516171819202122 ... LastLast

Thread: Dilana - Supernova

Quote Originally Posted by LKH View Post
    If she's scary at all, it's scary GOOD. Really. I'm not particularly into this kind of rock or the persona that people adopt to fit it, but even so, I have to sit back and admire the woman's amazing talent and very unique, attention-getting voice and style. And, despite the freaky look, she comes off, backstage, as a person who I probably would enjoy hanging out with. She's no slouch in the smarts department.
    Word to that!
    I'm enjoying the whole show, but I've gotta say I don't think I'd rush right out to buy a CD by any of the other contestants, even though they're good. But the first time I heard Dilana sing, I was floored by her voice and style. So much like Janis Joplin, but I can see comparisons to Tina Turner, Stevie Nicks, Melissa Etheridge, etc., too. And normally I'm not big on the pierced, tattooed look, either, but it totally works for Dilana!

I'm going to be very disappointed if she doesn't win this. But if that happens, I'll sure be watching eagerly for her own band!
    Dogs have owners. Cats have staff. ;-D

Does anyone know where I can hear Dilana's performance of Ring Of Fire? Is it available on the rockstarsupernova website? I missed that show.

Wondering if the new arrangement (styling) was anything like Live's version of "I Walk The Line" (which Chris Daughtry covered on AI5).

ETA: Just listened to Dilana singing "Me & Bobby McGee" and, wow! I think I like it even better than Janis's!
    Dogs have owners. Cats have staff. ;-D

Quote Originally Posted by Grisabella View Post
    Does anyone know where I can hear Dilana's performance of Ring Of Fire? Is it available on the rockstarsupernova website? I missed that show.

Wondering if the new arrangement (styling) was anything like Live's version of "I Walk The Line" (which Chris Daughtry covered on AI5).

ETA: Just listened to Dilana singing "Me & Bobby McGee" and, wow! I think I like it even better than Janis's!
    Yes - it is on the Rockstar website. Go to episode 2 and click on her picture then performance.

FORT Newbie
    Dilana - Do a Moloko song - like - "Bring It Back". Rip it up!

Im sad to say that this week's reality episode has made dilana out to be a enemy. i dont think she was being rude or backstabbing or any of that i think she was a little bit drunk and was just telling tommy how much she wanted the job.

I think she has learned that the boyz want someone who really wants to be in the band. And after we, and Jason during the performance review webisode, saw her lack of confidence and doubting in the early weeks, she now pushes herself to the front verbally and campaigns for the gig. Way to go, Dilana! Take those props the three have been throwing at you and use them to your advantage.

Happy Birthday! Hope you get your wish.

Atop the highhhhhest weathervane in Spain!
    I only watched the first show this year although I have caught some of her performances online. She was the only one on that first episode that really had that "WOW" factor for me. Not enough other people to draw me in. That said, I thought she had the whole thing in the bag from day one. She's something special, that's for sure.

I think the unfortunate thing with Dilana's pitch to Tommy was her choice of language about her fellow rawkers...I believe she said they could just send the rest of these f*#$&'s home right now. Not exactly complimentary, but then again I guess that wasn't her intent. I'm all for highlighting why YOU are right for this band, but I don't see how it is ever a good thing to be so casually crass about your fellow contestants. I agree with whoever said she seemed pretty drunk, and hearsay has it she also had to be "carried out" before the party was shut down, so maybe that explains the loose tongue.

Quote Originally Posted by sweetpea View Post
    I think the unfortunate thing with Dilana's pitch to Tommy was her choice of language about her fellow rawkers...I believe she said they could just send the rest of these f*#$&'s home right now. Not exactly complimentary, but then again I guess that wasn't her intent. I'm all for highlighting why YOU are right for this band, but I don't see how it is ever a good thing to be so casually crass about your fellow contestants. I agree with whoever said she seemed pretty drunk, and hearsay has it she also had to be "carried out" before the party was shut down, so maybe that explains the loose tongue.
    It also was, to some degree, evidence she's confident. Considering she later joked about the same thing at her birthday celebration, I don't think she's being shy with her confidence. Nor should she be.

It doesn't even really conflict with the self-critical stuff we saw from her weeks ago. You can be self-critical and still think you are better than the other choices.

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

I'm sorry, but I really don't see what all the fuss was about her tonight. She did that song EXACTLY the same as the original, just with heavier guitar. Big F'n DEAL! Storm changed up her vocal style COMPLETELY and was nearly boo'd off stage by SN. Dilana went TOTALLY safe, same key, tempo and all, and they all kissed her feet.

I don't get that. Somebody help me out.

+ Reply to Thread