+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 27 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112131415161718192021 ... LastLast

Thread: Dilana - Supernova

Quote Originally Posted by SquishyFishFace View Post
    She is totally lying about her age. She's older than 33. She looks at least eleven years older.
    No she is not lying about her age she is 33

Quote Originally Posted by cottoncandy View Post
    Last week, I thought I saw a cloud of gnats and dust flying off of her when she was in the halo of light on stage. But this week, her hair looked clean and shiny. At first her voice and her stage presence scared me. But maybe it was just my aversion to Nirvana. In the past couple weeks, her voice has really grown on me. It is a unique voice, that is powerful yet she keeps it in control. She can scream and growl with the best of them, but hearing her just plain sing, as she did with the stripped down Time After Time really shows off her voice. She also seems kind hearted.
    She's got an absolutely amazing voice, and the people who thought she was just a rawk machine were due for a surprise I think. She's got clips on her website that telegraphed this though.

Nobody who can do a dead-accurate impression of Stevie Nicks (and pretty good simulations of Cobain, Cash, Joplin, Lauper etc.) is really stuck in any kind of box. I'm glad she diverted this far afield though, and I'm glad the guys didn't do the usual "reality show" thing of getting on her case for it. Because honestly, even without the scarier stuff, she's still very intense.

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

On a cupcake mission! Lois Lane's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Boop2 View Post
    No she is not lying about her age she is 33
    She looks about 33. She looks a little older when she's performing, maybe, but when they show footage of her talking, she looks very youthful.

And if she was lying about her age, I wouldn't blame her. There's so much ageism, esp. against women, that a lot of entertainers fudge their age so they can keep working. I don't care.

I don't get the "scary" comments. While I don't like piercings or tattoes, they don't "scare" me. I think she'd be prettier without all the piercings, but if it makes her happy, go for it. I like intensity in performances. And I like that she seems really sweet off camera. (And most of you know that I'm not a huge fan of Dilana's singing style, so it's not like I'm just trying to get in good with her or her fans!)

Quote Originally Posted by Lois Lane View Post
    She looks about 33. She looks a little older when she's performing, maybe, but when they show footage of her talking, she looks very youthful.

And if she was lying about her age, I wouldn't blame her. There's so much ageism, esp. against women, that a lot of entertainers fudge their age so they can keep working. I don't care.

I don't get the "scary" comments. While I don't like piercings or tattoes, they don't "scare" me. I think she'd be prettier without all the piercings, but if it makes her happy, go for it. I like intensity in performances. And I like that she seems really sweet off camera. (And most of you know that I'm not a huge fan of Dilana's singing style, so it's not like I'm just trying to get in good with her or her fans!)

This is Dilana's video bio this should explain everything she talks about her piercings and her ink, a lot of people are knocking her for this but you know what that is who she is. she is my friend and I will always stand by her no matter what. if you ever get a chance to meet her you will walk away and think what a great person she is.

http://rockstar.msn.com/rockers2/dilana

☆ Janie Queen of BB cottoncandy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Krom View Post
    Nobody who can do a dead-accurate impression of Stevie Nicks (and pretty good simulations of Cobain, Cash, Joplin, Lauper etc.) is really stuck in any kind of box.
    I am looking forward to hearing more from her. It would be hard to do Stevie Nicks justice, but Dilana would probably be the one to pull it off.

Dilana

Dilana Is fantastic, versitile, entertaining what more can I say. I lood forward to her performance every week.

Premium Member Yeti Long Shot: Porpoheus Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by cottoncandy View Post
    I am looking forward to hearing more from her. It would be hard to do Stevie Nicks justice, but Dilana would probably be the one to pull it off.

I agree. Since week one I've associated her with Stevie Nicks. And Nicks is a hard act to follow. I see Dilana going all the way. I think SuperNova has already chosen her and are now just finishing up the season.

Quote Originally Posted by Boop2 View Post
    This is Dilana's video bio this should explain everything she talks about her piercings and her ink, a lot of people are knocking her for this but you know what that is who she is. she is my friend and I will always stand by her no matter what. if you ever get a chance to meet her you will walk away and think what a great person she is.

http://rockstar.msn.com/rockers2/dilana
    Boop, she is lucky to have a friend like you and from what I have seen of her so far on TV you are lucky to have a friend like her. She seems like a neat lady with a gentle heart and old soul. I mean those as compliments, nothing to do with age.
    "How do you know the chosen ones? No greater love hath a man than he lay down his life for his friend. Not for millions, not for glory, not for fame... for one person. In the dark. Where no one will ever know or see." - Sebastion, Babylon 5

LKH
    If she's scary at all, it's scary GOOD. Really. I'm not particularly into this kind of rock or the persona that people adopt to fit it, but even so, I have to sit back and admire the woman's amazing talent and very unique, attention-getting voice and style. And, despite the freaky look, she comes off, backstage, as a person who I probably would enjoy hanging out with. She's no slouch in the smarts department.

FORT Regular
    If Dilana becomes SN's frontman and they go to ply in Tokyo ... I'd go. I couldn't say that about any other contestant on this show. She's the only one
    I would pay to see.

+ Reply to Thread