+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dana Andrews - Supernova

Dana Andrews - Supernova

Hometown: Augusta, GA

Dana Andrews: Born and raised in Augusta, Georgia, Dana Andrews is the self described "Southern Belle" of the group. But as we know of so many lovely, lilting Southern girls, there's often a fierce Steel Magnolia stirring underneath. For as nicely mannered, sweet and full of homespun charm as Dana is, there's a young woman who absolutely commands the stage.

The 22-year old beauty found her music as far back as elementary school when she landed herself in school plays, talent shows-anything that would showcase her wonderful voice. Writing lyrics by the age of 13, Dana also turned poetry to song and by her early teens was soliciting musicians to compose her lyrics and melodies.

For now, the hard working singer is balancing a waitressing job while fronting a band based out of Columbia, South Carolina, as well as performing weekend gigs with a cover band. Ever ambitious and musically open, Dana's work ethic and talent will take her far, with both an infectious smile and a rocking, raised fist in the air. Yes-this is how we like our Southern girls.
    Last edited by Mantenna; 07-12-2006 at 04:37 AM.

MySpace: http://www.myspace.com/danaandrews

Not bad. An unusual bluesy voice. The song which loads by default on that page starts lame, but it picks up later. Plus there are 3 more there. She needs better writing for that voice. She's trying some unusual lyrics, but I'm not sure she gets the concept of a "hook". It comes off a bit pretentious.

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

This girl has a major set of pipes, but I gotta believe she is just to young to hang with those old horn dogs. Tommy Lee would be drooling from the time he woke up until the time he went to bed.

Quote Originally Posted by razorbacker View Post
    Tommy Lee would be drooling from the time he woke up until the time he went to bed.
    I was thinking this pretty much throughout the show last night. Does Tommy even have the ability to not think with...ahem?

As for Dana Andrews...meh.

With a name like that you expect her to come out singing Boogie Woogie Bugle Boy.

Liked her pre-show, I know. But she just comes off as a scared little rabbit on the show itself. And the voice did NOT hold up, IMO.

Bye, sweet thang!

Agree with everyone here. Very talented, great voice. But, first time on a plane? Ouch, kind of a little too sheltered as she said she once was.

stuck on an island with creepy ferret faced Ben
    Ditto. She'll not more than pretend to be badass. She needs to select "hard rock" songs if she wants the gig.

Quote Originally Posted by RushVB View Post
    Agree with everyone here. Very talented, great voice. But, first time on a plane? Ouch, kind of a little too sheltered as she said she once was.
    Not with EVERYONE, I guess, since I thought she was spectacularly unimpressive. The proclaimed "great voice" didn't manifest at all. Maybe it was just the terrified little rabbit impression she did, but maybe not. I thought her MySpace stuff interesting, but I would characterize her voice as more potentially "interesting" than "great". Not hard rock though. Not even a tiny little bit.

FORT Regular
    She actually has a good voice...liked her song! However,I agree that she is too young,pretty and naive to hang with these guys...they would have to get a chastity belt to protect her from Tommy,LOL!

She has a really powerful voice but she doesn't seem to convince the band she can be a rocker. The band states that they want to break new ground & then chews up anybody that doesn't conform to what the band used to do.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast