+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Dana Andrews - Supernova

Team Renee//Team Sarah// DreamOf1000Cats's Avatar
    Wow, after her performance of About a Girl I'm seriously starting to like her a lot more.

Is it me or are the women just better this year?

Quote Originally Posted by DreamOf1000Cats View Post
    Wow, after her performance of About a Girl I'm seriously starting to like her a lot more.

Is it me or are the women just better this year?
    It's just you!

Actually, we've been commenting on the superiority of the women this season since the first show. And I think that theory has held up. Toby and Lukas were the only guys who were good from the beginning, and Magni is probably the only guy to get significantly better since Week 1. The rest of the guys are dead losses.

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

Here's an interview of Dana. It seems the rockers did know who the band was going to be when they auditioned.

Rock Star's Dana Isn't Forever Young
    by Angel Cohn

CBS' Rock Star: Supernova (Tuesdays at 9 pm/Wednesdays at 8 pm/ET) sent its youngest contestant, Dana Andrews, home last week as the band, and many of her housemates, questioned the 22-year-old sweet young thing's ability to brave the road with hard-rockin' (and -livin') Gilby, Tommy and Jason. Still, she remains positive about her future, as TVGuide.com learned when we spoke to her after her ousting.

TVGuide.com: Were you surprised that you were the one sent home?
    Dana Andrews: Very. I was very confident in my last performance and I didn't think that I would be in the bottom three. Then after seeing [Jill and Patrice] perform, I knew it was me. But I came to terms with it, and I'm very positive now about my future.

TVGuide.com: What do your parents think of your new image?
    Dana: It is not necessarily a "new" image. It [was created] more through self-discovery. The tattoo is new, but it is really hard to show who you are on a day-to-day basis on a reality show. You don't get to show enough of yourself.

TVGuide.com: So what did your parents think of you on the show?
    Dana: They said, "We are so proud of you and you are carrying yourself so well. This is proof that we raised you right." They were proud and supportive. I've got the best family ever.

TVGuide.com: What are you thinking for the future. A band? A solo career?
    Dana: I'm planning on sticking with my band, Everything After. We're based out of Columbia, S.C., and hopefully we'll end up with management. Unless something huge comes down the line for a solo career, and then [I would] try to take the guys with me. I definitely plan to keep writing. Hopefully this will open a lot of doors.

TVGuide.com: Did you feel pressure to be more hard-core or edgier?
    Dana: The guys were suggesting that they need someone edgier, but I made it a point to stay true to myself. If they said, "Be a little edgier," well, I can show you that side of me. I drew the tattoo myself before I came here, so I was planning to get a tattoo. It wasn't like I got a tattoo to be in the band or anything.

TVGuide.com: Why'd you pick the treble clef?
    Dana: What better to put on my body than something that is in my soul?

TVGuide.com: [Cohost] Dave Navarro had suggested another tattoo and a particular place to get it. Are you going to take his suggestion?
    Dana: No. [Laughs] I'm going to stick to my idea and put the bass clef on my other hip bone. I think it will look fine. It's funny, the hairstylist had said the same thing to me about putting the bass clef on my backside.

TVGuide.com: How hard was it being the youngest person in the house?
    Dana: I was a little underestimated in the beginning and given a lot of criticism. [One time] everyone decided to have a dinner-table talk [about me], and that's the only time I felt pressure from my housemates. It wasn't in a negative sense at all, and they were only trying to be helpful. I feel like I handled myself with class and respect and consideration for others. Hopefully that came across.

TVGuide.com: There was a situation early on when Lukas was questioning whether you should be there. Are you friendly with him now?
    Dana: At first it seemed like he wasn't used to everyone watching, but I gave him a second chance. Everything smoothed out, and I got to see that he does have the best of intentions; sometimes, though, he just may not approach the situation correctly.

TVGuide.com: You admitted to skipping out on practice, which the Supernova guys and Dave thought was very "rock star."
    Dana: Which is funny, but it was actually quite embarrassing. I should have been there, but I worked so hard and was given the chance to be spoiled and taken care of just touched my feminine side. I decided to go [to the spa], but I did rehearse that morning before the show to make up for the missed rehearsal. I'm still dedicated. I've never been to a spa, so I was just soaking everything up.

TVGuide.com: Do you think your missed rehearsal was the reason you got the hatchet this week?
    Dana: I should hope not.

TVGuide.com: Why did you want to go on the show? Was it Rock Star or the Supernova guys that appealed to you?
    Dana: I had always planned to audition for Rock Star if there was going to be a second season. Before I went to the audition I knew who the band was going to be and it made me just sing that much harder. I love those guys, they helped to mold the musician that I am today. To actually have an opportunity to audition for them.... Are you kidding me? That's amazing.

TVGuide.com: Did they give you any advice for your future?
    Dana: Jason Newsted said, "Always be true to yourself." I've lived by that already, but knowing how respectful and articulate he is as a person made it that much more serious.

TVGuide.com: Who are you rooting for to win?
    Dana: Based on comments from the band and fan base, I think Lukas is going to win. But I want Storm to win.

TVGuide.com: Which song of yours do you want people to remember you by?
    Dana: Probably Nirvana's "About a Girl." It felt good because I delivered extreme intensity from a bar stool. If I can do that sitting down, then that's pretty rockin'.

Link

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12