+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Rock Star - Supernova

Rock Star - Supernova

Rock Star: Supernova

Premieres: Wednesday, July 5, at 8pm ET followed by a special Thursday broadcast of the second episode July 6, after the season premiere of Big Brother

When to catch it: Tuesdays at 9pm ET and Wednesdays at 8pm ET on CBS

Starring: Cohosts Dave Navarro and Brooke Burke, newly formed band Supernova composed of former Motley Cre drummer (and former NBC reality show star) Tommy Lee, former Metallica guitarist Jason Newsted, and former Guns N' Roses guitarist Gilby Clarke

In a nutshell: Rock Star is back for a second season and once again they will look for a lead singer, this time for a newly formed band called Supernova, featuring Tommy Lee, Jason Newsted and Gilby Clarke. The trio will follow the same path as first season band INXS, using Rock Star to determine who will be the group's lead singer and then head into the studio to record an album and launch a world tour.

On Tuesdays, the contestants perform (while also talking behind each other's backs and stealing songs their fellow contestants want to sing), and on Wednesdays the results are announced. Keep an eye out for some familiar faces from the first season. Some of the same contestants will be taking the stage and battling it out for the opportunity to be Supernova's new super singer!

http://entertainment.ivillage.com/fe...8vfjj4,00.html
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

Finalists Announced

There are TWO Canadians vying this year: I haven't been able to find photos of the contestants yet.
    -------------------
    Here are this season's "Rock Star: Supernova" finalists:

Zayra Alvarez, Dallas

Dana Andrews, Augusta, GA

Magni Asgeirsson, Reykjavik, Iceland

Jenny Galt, Vancouver, BC

Jill Gioia, New York

Matt Hoffer, Chicago

Storm Large, Portland, OR

Josh Logan, Manchester, NH

Chris Pierson, Atlanta

Patrice Pike, Austin, TX

Toby Rand, Melbourne, Australia

Phil Ritchie, Ocean City, MD

Dilana Robichaux, Houston

Lukas Rossi, Toronto, ON

Ryan Star, New York

----------------
    Last season's winner was 31-year-old Canadian J.D. Fortune, whose first single with INXS, "Pretty Vegas," helped push the band to its highest-charting debut ever.

http://www.zap2it.com/tv/news/zap-ro...,5774666.story
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

Quote Originally Posted by misskitty View Post
    I haven't been able to find photos of the contestants yet.
    Meet the Rockers

Are we going to have a forum set up for Rock Star: Supernova this year? The first episode tapes tomorrow and airs next Wednesday, the 5th.

Yes, we're going to have a forum, recaps, and the whole shebang.

We're waiting for some sign of official bios on the CBS site before we set up the forum.

I've seen that MSN site, and I certainly hope those aren't the "official" ones.

LAGuy: will you be attending the taping? And what about JLuvs? Where is JLuvs? Enquiring minds want to know!
    "I'm telling you - it's a madhouse out there. I feel like Charlton Heston waking up in the field and seeing the chimp on top of the pony." ~ Dennis Miller

Quote Originally Posted by Mantenna View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Qboots View Post
    LAGuy: will you be attending the taping? And what about JLuvs? Where is JLuvs? Enquiring minds want to know!
    YES, I'll be at the taping tomorrow night. I can't wait!

As for JLuvs, I have no idea. I'm sure she's around here somewhere...

Quote Originally Posted by Mantenna View Post

We're waiting for some sign of official bios on the CBS site before we set up the forum.

I've seen that MSN site, and I certainly hope those aren't the "official" ones.
    Hey Mantenna, Check out rockstar.msn.com for info on contestants It is official, my friend Dilana has made the show so fasten your seat belt because you are up for the ride of your life
    Thanks
    Boop

Quote Originally Posted by Boop2 View Post
    Hey Mantenna, Check out rockstar.msn.com for info on contestants It is official, my friend Dilana has made the show so fasten your seat belt because you are up for the ride of your life
    Thanks
    Boop
    Since I can't Post pics that is her w/ me in my sig pic she is the one with the sleeve on her arm.

Dilana Robichaux was born in Johannesburg, South Africa and started singing at a very young age. Dilana Robichaux gave her first professional appearance at the age of seven. She left school at the age of 16 to to sing in a traveling duo.

After years of performing in various cover bands, Dilana Robichaux left her homeland for the Netherlands to pursue her musical career.

Robichaux started her own band and quickly became one of the most popular and well-paid bands as they opened for international powerhouse, Golden Earring. Robichaux's debut album is titled, "Wonderfool".

Robichaux's debut album, Wonderfool, had five singles on it and she ended making four videos which ended up on MTV Europe. During her tour for the Wonderfool album, she performed at over 200 festivals and clubs across Europe. At one spot, Dilana played alongside Joe Cocker, Heather Nova and K's Choice.

Dilana Robichaux moved to the United States in October, 2001. Dilana currently resides in Houston, Texas. Her birthday is August 10, 1972.

http://www.rockstargohome.com/rockst...contestant.php
    Last edited by Mantenna; 06-29-2006 at 06:33 PM.

Tickets??? (for those of us who live in LA)

Anyone know how to get tickets to the tapings?
    I checked the CBS and MSN websites and can't find anything.

Thanks!

I was offered tickets to the first two tapings, but declined. I don't want to get hooked into it like I did last season.

Plus the tapings aren't on Sundays. That was the big reason I could go last year.
    Last edited by JLuvs; 06-29-2006 at 10:10 PM.
    Whenever you see darkness, there is extraordinary opportunity for the light to burn brighter.
    -Bono

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast