+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Johnny Depp to join INXS?

On a cupcake mission! Lois Lane's Avatar

Johnny Depp to join INXS?

OK, I was like what the??? I know he used to be in a "band" and plays the guitar etc. but here's the real scoop:

http://www.cinematical.com/2006/04/2...s-inxs?src=AOL

Johnny Depp Joins INXS?
    Posted Apr 26th 2006 8:09AM by Erik Davis

No, Johnny Depp is not joining INXS on tour to totally rock out the 80's freak-child inside all of us. Instead, rumors are now spreading that the producers of the upcoming biopic about INXS front man Michael Hutchence are seeking out the Deppster to play the part. Yeah, and who was it that thought the world still cared about INXS?

Not only are they after Depp, but these producers are looking to put together a "dream cast." Some of the names include Eric Bana, Sienna Miller, Naomi Watts, Eva Green, Hayden Christensen and Julie Walters. Say what? Not for nothing, but apart from you random INXS fans, would folks even be interested in this film? Heck, I'm sure if they can snag those names, anyone would line up for a ticket. Hmm. Maybe that's the point.

Tentatively titled Slide Away, the film will be helmed by long-time INXS music video director Michael Egan and will shoot primarily in Australia. Seeing as there was a reality show recently that searched for the new lead singer of INXS, maybe there's a huge fanbase out there that would run to see this one. Maybe I'm being a bit too harsh in thinking that there's no possible way the producers will land this cast. I don't know... what do you think?

I'm up for any movie with Johnny Depp in it. Otherwise, I probably wouldn't be interested.
    Well I was born in a small town
    And I can breathe in a small town
    Gonna die in this small town
    And that's prob'ly where they'll bury me

On a cupcake mission! Lois Lane's Avatar
    I'd go see Depp in that movie as well. I think it's ironic that they want to call the movie SLIDE AWAY...that's the name of an Oasis song...Did INXS have a song called that, too? I don't recall...

BTW, the link I posted earlier is of that guy's post...that's not my post/thoughts. Just sharing the info...

+ Reply to Thread