+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Rock Star 2 - Official word

Rock Star 2 - Official word

I thought I'd create a new thread now that there is some official word on the new season (and not just rumors and speculation).

From Variety
    'Star' sets rockers
    Reality skein to birth new band

By JOSEF ADALIAN

CBS' "Rock Star" is adding some heavy mettle to its lineup this summer.

Drummer Tommy Lee (Motley Crue), along with guitarists Jason Newsted (Metallica) and Gilby Clarke (Guns N' Roses), are forming a new band called Supernova and will use the Mark Burnett-produced "Rock Star" to search for a lead singer.

Season one had the surviving members of INXS on the hunt for someone to replace the late Michael Hutchence.

In addition, "Rock Star" has signed songwriter-performer Butch Walker to produce Supernova's first album, to be released just before the new band hits the road in 2007. Walker, named Rolling Stone's 2005 "hot" producer, has written or produced tracks for Avril Lavigne, Pink, Bowling for Soup and Tommy Lee.

Dave Navarro and Brooke Burke will return as hosts. Each weekly seg will also now feature guest appearances by celebs or rockers.

"Friends of mine, like Slash, Macy Gray, Moby and Rob Zombie, will join us and throw in their two cents about who should stay and who should go," Navarro said.

Lee released his third solo album two years ago and starred in NBC's "Tommy Lee Goes to College" last year.

Newsted left Metallica in 2003, forming the band Echobrain and performing for technothrash band Voivod. Clarke has worked with various artists since GNR split, including Michael Jackson and Lenny Kravitz.

Burnett, David Goffin, Lisa Hennessy, Navarro, Lee and Carl Stubner will exec produce the second season of "Rock Star." Conrad Riggs and Eden Gaha are co-exec producers.

Drummer Tommy Lee (Motley Crue), along with guitarists Jason Newsted (Metallica) and Gilby Clarke (Guns N' Roses), are forming a new band called Supernova and will use the Mark Burnett-produced "Rock Star" to search for a lead singer.
    So I'm guessing the contestant with the biggest hair wins?

I like this concept. No former lead singer to measure up to. Females will have a better shot this season than last.
    "I'm telling you - it's a madhouse out there. I feel like Charlton Heston waking up in the field and seeing the chimp on top of the pony." ~ Dennis Miller

Quote Originally Posted by Qboots View Post
    So I'm guessing the contestant with the biggest hair wins?

I like this concept. No former lead singer to measure up to. Females will have a better shot this season than last.
    I think you hit the nail right on the head with the no one to measure up to part. I hope they consider a female because even though females were a part of the last show I don't think any of them were truly ever in the running.

I'm OK with this, though I'm disappointed Dave Navarro is not going to be part of the band. And Rob Zombie is going to make an appearance? Sweet.
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

Looks like Marty was one year too early...

I can't wait for this show to start. Canadian Idol will starting around the same time ... there is just no comparison. To use one of Simon's favourite put-downs.. the obvious experience of the contestants in this show make the kids on CI look like a bunch of pageant performers
    "Education's purpose is to replace an empty mind with an open one."

Rock Star 2 To Premiere July 5th on CBS

TheFutonCritic.com is reporting that CBS has announced that 'Rock Star: Supernova', the second season of 'Rock Star', will premiere on Wednesday, July 5 at 8 PM. Here is the article below.

ROCK STAR: SUPERNOVA returns for its second edition with two weekly broadcasts, beginning with a special premiere on Wednesday, July 5 (8:00-9:00 PM, ET/PT), followed by another special broadcast on Thursday, July 6 (9:00-10:00 PM, ET/PT) before moving to its regularly scheduled Tuesday (9:00-10:00 PM, ET/PT) and Wednesday (8:00-9:00 PM, ET/PT) time periods the following week. This year's edition will feature an all-star line-up of rock musicians who will join forces to form the new rock super group, Supernova. The new super group will use this summer's ROCK STAR: SUPERNOVA as the competition to determine their new lead singer. Members of Supernova, featuring drummer Tommy Lee (Motley Crue), Jason Newsted (Metallica) and Gilby Clarke (Guns N' Roses) will take over couch duty with returning co-host Dave Navarro to judge the rock singers. Co-host Brooke Burke returns for stage introductions when the hopeful vocalists begin the quest to become Supernova's new lead singer. The winner will record an original CD with Supernova, to be co-written and produced by Butch Wagner (hit songwriter/producer for Avril Lavigne and Pink), that will be released in the fall before the band embarks on a world tour in early 2007. ROCK STAR: SUPERNOVA is produced by Mark Burnett Productions. Mark Burnett, David Goffin, Lisa Hennessy, Dave Navarro, Tommy Lee and Carl Stubner are executive producers. Conrad Riggs and Eden Gaha are co-executive producers.
    Sounds like this will be our summer 'American Idol'. I'll be watching. Hell, I'll be watching all the summer reality shows.

Thanks for the update!!
    I'll be marking that day on my calender!!
    ---------------------
    opps....

+ Reply to Thread