+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Tommy Lee rumored act for Rock Star 2

Quote Originally Posted by Qboots View Post
    It's official: I'm old. I have no idea who any of those people are.

And I'm not sure what to make of Burnett saying that he "expects" to see some of last year's contestants again. Is that a hint? Did he contact Suzie and tell her to audition? Or was it just an off-the-cuff remark that meant nothing?

Thanks for the article Seadog!
    QBoots, whether or not you know who any of the referenced performers are I suggest you give a listen to Joss Stone. She is a 20 something Blonde Hair, Blue Eyed Soul Singer from England. She has just an incredible voice. I think you would like her.

On a cupcake mission! Lois Lane's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by razorbacker View Post
    QBoots, whether or not you know who any of the referenced performers are I suggest you give a listen to Joss Stone. She is a 20 something Blonde Hair, Blue Eyed Soul Singer from England. She has just an incredible voice. I think you would like her.
    Ooooooh, Razor, I can't stand Joss Stone. I think she's highly overrated and has an unmemorable voice... She is very pretty though and I remember Tom Cruise gave her his number and told her to call "anytime" to just talk. She was 17 at the time... Ewwwwwwwwwwww... Did you catch her singing at the Super Bowl half time? She couldn't hold her own--actually, none of them could--to Stevie Wonder. It was kind embarrassing.

Of the others mentioned--John Mayer, Chester of Linkin Park and Amy Lee of Evanescence--I actually like about 2 of Mayer's songs, but again, he's highly overrated (but cute). Chester? Not a big Linkin Park fan... Amy Lee--amazing voice.

I dunno--I tuned into "Rock Star: INXS" 'cause I liked a ton of the old INXS songs and was curious about how others would sing their songs. I don't know that I would find this new lineup very interesting... I'll probably tune in to see if anyone catches my interest, but it's not something that seems that interestiing to me right now.

Of course, I could end up eating my words!!! But I think it's kind of lame to bring in the old favorites to try again... Give the newbies a chance to win this thing. And as talented as Suzie is, I do not want to hear her/see her again on this show.

Ooooooh, Razor, I can't stand Joss Stone. I think she's highly overrated and has an unmemorable voice... She is very pretty though and I remember Tom Cruise gave her his number and told her to call "anytime" to just talk. She was 17 at the time... Ewwwwwwwwwwww... Did you catch her singing at the Super Bowl half time? She couldn't hold her own--actually, none of them could--to Stevie Wonder. It was kind embarrassing.

Hi Lois Lane, Isn't it amazing how the arts & entertainment effect everyone differently? That's what is so great about this place, we can disagree about almost anything & maybe even get an education. I recently saw a concert that was a tribute to Al Green & had a bunch of great soul & blues artists on it that did Al's songs & even sang with him. Joss was really hot that night & I would say she was right at the top next to Bonnie Raitt. The Super Bowl is a tough venue to sound good in. In my opinion The Stones stunk to high heaven this year.

Quote Originally Posted by razorbacker View Post
    Hi Lois Lane, Isn't it amazing how the arts & entertainment effect everyone differently? That's what is so great about this place, we can disagree about almost anything & maybe even get an education. I recently saw a concert that was a tribute to Al Green & had a bunch of great soul & blues artists on it that did Al's songs & even sang with him. Joss was really hot that night & I would say she was right at the top next to Bonnie Raitt. The Super Bowl is a tough venue to sound good in. In my opinion The Stones stunk to high heaven this year.
    Couldn't agree with you more, Razor!

I did have her album (and ended up giving it away to a friend who's a huge fan of Joss's) and just never warmed up to her voice, but I also didn't see the performance for the Al Green tribute...If she can hold a candle to Bonnie Raitt, then I'm pretty impressed. She's still pretty young and I'd be interested to hear how her voice grows/matures as she grows older.

Regarding the Stones, I didn't hate their performance--and I was impressed with how flat Jagger's stomach was. But yeah, it wasn't particularly memorable. I could almost hear them counting, "$1 million, $2 million..." as they performed.

I hope this next version of Rock Star is fun... But I really am going to miss the old "cast" of characters!

Quote Originally Posted by RushVB View Post
    Agree with you paulvons, unless they cover Motley stuff there will be little for them to sing...
    Well, if they're going to cover the Crue, there's no worry about looking for someone who can actually sing.

At least we'll have something to look at this season - those middle-aged uncle-types from INXS just didn't do it for me. Damn, I really wish Navarro was actually participating in the band, though.

I love Joss Stone, btw. Mind-blowing talent. I don't think anyone who could sing like her needs a reality show to land a gig...that goes for Amy Lee, too.
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

MRD
    Quote Originally Posted by Lois Lane View Post
    Couldn't agree with you more, Razor!

I did have her album (and ended up giving it away to a friend who's a huge fan of Joss's) and just never warmed up to her voice, but I also didn't see the performance for the Al Green tribute...If she can hold a candle to Bonnie Raitt, then I'm pretty impressed. She's still pretty young and I'd be interested to hear how her voice grows/matures as she grows older.

Regarding the Stones, I didn't hate their performance--and I was impressed with how flat Jagger's stomach was. But yeah, it wasn't particularly memorable. I could almost hear them counting, "$1 million, $2 million..." as they performed.

I hope this next version of Rock Star is fun... But I really am going to miss the old "cast" of characters!
    We saw the Stones on tour in OCt. and Joss Stone opened for them. The crowd totally ignored her. She did everything but strip on stage to get attention. It was pathetic and her music was NOT what the crowd wanted to hear. But the Stones did their magic and Jagger is impressive for a 62 year old man. He never stopped moving for the entire 2 hours. That's why he has such a flat stomach. They weren't quite as good as the first time I saw them in 1981, but they were still good.
    The superbowl act SUCKED. We figured that the sound mixer was making it sound good in the stadium for the live fans, so the broadcast sound was horrible for us tv watchers. They were definetly better back in Oct.

I can't wait for the new Rock Star, should be fun. I'm going to miss INXS in Vancouver by 4 days. I wish I could stay and get tickets to see them. I had hoped to catch a Florida show, but that was during the bad time when I had my surgery and my friend was dying. Oh well. Maybe one day I'll get to see them.
    I'm looking forward to the Eric Clapton and Tom Petty tours this summer.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog View Post
    We saw the Stones on tour in OCt. and Joss Stone opened for them. The crowd totally ignored her. She did everything but strip on stage to get attention. It was pathetic and her music was NOT what the crowd wanted to hear.
    I've seen the Stones a couple times. Wish I had seen them in the '60s rather than when they're in their 60's but I enjoyed their shows very much. A lot of fun!

I'm curious to see what this next season of ROCK STAR brings as well. I really don't want to see Suzie again so PLEASE let it be a new cast of unknowns...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12