+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Rockstar back for season 2

Quote Originally Posted by Qboots View Post
    I guess the ABC execs don't watch CBS.
    And shockingly, no one has sued them yet over this?

Quote Originally Posted by Qboots View Post
    I guess the ABC execs don't watch CBS.
    QBoots Love the pic of Bobby Sherman when I was young I had his poster on my wall, well anyway can't wait for the season to start up I have a friend who tried out and she should know by june if she made it.

Ok Guys & Gals just got word my girlfriend Dilana made Rock Star Supernova she is flying out June 25 to start filming in the mansion.
    Check her out
    myspace.com/dilanarox

A rubbish singer from Iceland named Magni made it into the show. He is really bad and not even a rock singer. He is in some crappy pop band that only plays for drunk rednecks out in the sticks.

If anyone wants to see him sing, then here he is performing in the Icelandic national final for the Eurovision song contest:

http://servefir.ruv.is/frame2/13.html

Terrible song, terrible singer.

Looks like we only got 2 Canucks into this year's lineup:

http://www.canada.com/topics/enterta...dda7c6&k=37483

Montreal native Jenny Galt and Toronto’s Lukas Rossi will represent Canada on the reality series RockStar: Supernova.

Last year’s RockStar: INXS thrust Nova Scotia’s J.D. Fortune into the global spotlight.

Galt, 24, has been singing since she was six years old and playing guitar and piano since her teens. Born in Montreal, she later moved to Ottawa and spent some time in Australia.

Galt has been based in Vancouver for the last few years, where she earned a solid following for her live performances and recordings with the now-defunct band Cherrybomb.

Rossi, 25, has been playing music since he was 10 years old. A Toronto native, he has gone from singing in a church choir to writing, recording and performing in the band Cleavage for years before fronting Rise Electric.

Rossi has some solid connections in the Canadian music business, having worked with bands like Big Wreck, I Mother Earth and with Rush guitarist Alex Lifeson.

Described as Jeff Buckley-meets-Freddie Mercury, Rossi’s soulful voice has also been heard on national TV commercials.

Rossi and Galt have a chance to front Supernova, a new group consisting of Motley Crue drummer Tommy Lee, Voivod/ ex-Metallica bassist Jason Newsted and former Guns N' Roses guitarist Gilby Clarke.
    "I'm telling you - it's a madhouse out there. I feel like Charlton Heston waking up in the field and seeing the chimp on top of the pony." ~ Dennis Miller

Two Aussie contenders for RockStar Supernova

These are older articles :-

Aussie Rock Star finalists

June 14, 2006 - 11:57AM

A blond surfer from Melbourne and a dreadlocked hipster from Sydney are in the running to score music's dream job with rock hellraiser Tommy Lee.

Toby Rand and Andre Kaman have been revealed in the US as two of the 18 singers short-listed for the new series of reality TV show Rock Star.

In its debut season last year, Rock Star unearthed Canada's J.D. Fortune for Australia's INXS.

In the latest series, Supernova, a new band formed by Motley Crue drummer Lee, Guns N' Roses guitarist Gilby Clarke and Metallica bassist Jason Newsted, will try to find an unknown frontman.

Rand, a 28-year-old surfer from St Kilda, and Kaman, a hip 31-year-old from Bondi, auditioned with hundreds of other Australians in Sydney in March and have spent the last week in LA with Lee, Clarke and Newsted.

The 16 other hopefuls are from the US, Canada and Iceland.

"It is the chance of a lifetime," said Rand, who quit his regular job at a Melbourne carpet company.

Rand, who is is the lead singer of Melbourne rock band Juke Kartel, spoke to reporters at a $US20 million ($27 million) mansion in the Hollywood Hills that will be home for the contestants.

Kaman, who migrated to Australia from Sri Lanka with his family when he was three, has fronted popular Sydney cover band Funkstar and TEN-1.

"I am so pumped about this," said Kaman, who could not hide his excitement.

The show will be filmed in Los Angeles.

Lee, Clarke and Newsted will cut the 18 hopefuls to 15 before the show goes to air in Australia and around the world in July and the trio said there was a real chance a woman could be the winner.

Of the 18, eight contestants are female.

Magni Asgeirsson, a well-known male singer in Iceland, also made the 18.

"The winner could be male, female, from Australia, Iceland or wherever," Newsted said.

The winner of the new series will record an album with Supernova and tour the world in 2007.

Lee, Clarke and Newsted said the tour would include Australia.

Rock Star will be shown in Australia on Foxtel's Fox8 channel and in primetime in the US on America's most-watched TV network, CBS.

AAP

http://www.smh.com.au/news/music/aus...964580248.html

Toby rides Rock Star wave

15jun06

A MELBOURNE surfer who used to work in a carpet shop is one of two Aussie singers to be shortlisted for the new season of TV reality show Rock Star.

Toby Rand, lead singer of band Juke Kartal, joins Sydneysider Andre Kaman in the final 18.
    Juke Kartal recently supported Canadian band Nickelback on tour in Australia.

Rand will have the chance to front Supernova, a new band that will consist of Motley Crue drummer Tommy Lee, Guns N' Roses guitarist Gilby Clarke and Metallica bassist Jason Newsted.

Rand said: "It is the chance of a lifetime."

Do you know anything about Toby Rand? Did you work with him at the carpet shop? Email The Eye at eye@heraldsun.com.au

http://www.hwt.com.au/common/story_p...E28957,00.html

Looks like we only got 2 Canucks into this year's lineup
    I'm disappointed because I thought more than two deserved a shot in the mansion.

The only thing about Galt that bugged me is her comment about how she didn't want to be separated from her boyfriend. Gah! Do you want this or not, Jenny? I don't think her style suits Supernova based on her auditions that I've seen so far. This is a stretch, but my guess is they just want to check her out because she's hot.

Here's the list of hopefuls: (I'll spoiler-tag it in case someone doesn't want to know)
    Click to see Spoiler:

The Contenders:

Zayra Alvarez
    Dallas, TX

Dana Andrews
    Augusta, GA

Magni Asgeirsson
    Reykjavik, Iceland

Jenny Galt
    Vancouver, BC

Jill Gioia
    New York, NY

Matt Hoffer
    Chicago, IL

Storm Large
    Portland, OR

Josh Logan
    Manchester, NH

Chris Pierson
    Atlanta, GA

Patrice Pike
    Austin, TX

Toby Rand
    Melbourne, Australia

Phil Ritchie
    Ocean City, MD

Dilana Robichaux
    Houston, TX

Lukas Rossi
    Toronto, ON

Ryan Star
    New York, NY

Tonight at 8 pm my Global channel is airing something called "ETC Rock Star Casting Special". I'm going to assume that ETC is Entertainment Tonight Canada, but I can't seem to find any info on the show at all.
    Last edited by Qboots; 06-28-2006 at 01:05 PM.
    "I'm telling you - it's a madhouse out there. I feel like Charlton Heston waking up in the field and seeing the chimp on top of the pony." ~ Dennis Miller

Regardless of what happens or who wins, you gotta be impressed with someone that goes through life with the name of Storm Large. SuperNova featuring Storm Large: Good Grief.

Is the last name of the hopefuls the same person from American Idol?? (I think it was Season 1)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast