+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Rockstar back for season 2

☆ Janie Queen of BB cottoncandy's Avatar
    They definitely need to keep the same house band!

WOOHOO!! Yay! House Band HAS to come back, they were amazing.

This anticipation will help me last the next twelve days before I get to see the Love Hammers and INXS in Denver.
    Wag more, bark less

VAN HALEN Publicist 'Not Denying' Rumors Of 'Rock Star' Talent Search - Feb. 12, 2006
    TMZ.com is reporting that VAN HALEN are in the market for a new lead singer, and the marketplace will be the upcoming reality show "Rock Star: The Series".

Last October, VAN HALEN reps vehemently denied the band would use "Rock Star" in a talent search for a new lead singer. The reps are now singing a different tune. VAN HALEN publicist Larry Solters told TMZ.com: "I'm not denying it. I'm not going to answer any questions about it."

Last year, the band INXS used "Rock Star" to find a new lead singer. J.D. Fortune won the competition, and the band is now making a comeback with a hit new album and a sold-out tour.

As for VAN HALEN, the group has had three lead singers since it hit the scene back in 1978: David Lee Roth, who left the band in 1985, Sammy Hagar, who split in 1995, and Gary Cherone, who did just one album and tour with the band in 1998.

The next season of "Rock Star", produced by Mark Burnett for CBS, is scheduled to air during the summer. Neither Burnett nor CBS would comment on the VAN HALEN buzz.

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsite mID=48253
    Whenever you see darkness, there is extraordinary opportunity for the light to burn brighter.
    -Bono

In my own little world where all things are Idol......
    Oh puleaze, oh puleaze, oh puleaze be Van Halen

I was such a huge Van Halen nut and even though I was a diehard Diamond Dave fan, I would still watch to see Eddie, Alex and Michael!!!! I will definitely be keeping my fingers crossed that it will be VH.
    Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

Hubby is a huge Van Halen fan too!!
    It would be cool...I still think that the house band looking for a lead would be cool too....heck anything would be cool, I miss Rockstar.....
    ---------------------
    opps....

VH would be a huge hit with that format. It would further the series and give a breath of fresh air to a once great band that hasn'r done much in a LONG time. Let's face it, Gary Cherone was not a good fit. This way the audience would have some say in who stays and goes, which would help get Eddie off his high horse to some extent...

I think Van Halen would be an excellent choice. But I really can't see a female fronting VH, regardless how talented she is, so hopefully they'll have all male contestants and not waste our time.
    "I'm telling you - it's a madhouse out there. I feel like Charlton Heston waking up in the field and seeing the chimp on top of the pony." ~ Dennis Miller

According to Billboard Magazine

http://billboard.com/bbcom/news/arti..._id=1001996784

'Rock Star: Van Halen' Rumors UnfoundedFebruary 14, 2006, 4:45 PM ET

Katie Hasty, N.Y.
    Persistent rumors that Van Halen will audition new singers on the upcoming season of CBS reality series "Rock Star" are untrue, according to the network.

"All it is is a rumor, we deny it," a CBS Entertainment spokesperson tells Billboard.com. "We don't even have [an act] firmly established yet, though, hopefully we will shortly."

A spokesperson for Van Halen referred Billboard.com to a previously published report in which the band's involvement with the show was vehemently denied.

Speculation of the "Rock Star"/Van Halen pairing has been running wild since the fall when, in an interview, the series' producer Mark Burnett ("Survivor") used the group as an example, along with Queen, as an act appropriate for the show's mission of filling vacancies.

The story got new legs during this morning's (Feb. 14) broadcast of the syndicated David Lee Roth radio show as the former Van Halen frontman declared, "They really are gonna do it, I think. It's the 'Rock Star' open call schedule. They just handed me the schedule... they won't say who it's for, but I think it's for Van Halen."
    Rock Star," which is co-hosted by former Jane's Addiction guitarist Dave Navarro, has indeed announced its audition schedule. Tryouts will be conducted throughout North America for about a month, starting March 1 in Austin. An announcement about the featured artist is forthcoming, according to the CBS spokesperson. The network plans to air the program's second season this summer.

The first season bowed last year as "Rock Star: INXS." The Australian band ultimately crowned J.D. Fortune as its new lead singer, recorded an album and is on the road in North America, playing Reading, Pa., tomorrow night.

Since Roth exited the band in 1985, hard rock crew Van Halen has been helmed by Sammy Hagar, who left the band in 1996, and former Extreme singer Gary Cherone. Attempts to regroup with Roth failed, but a reunion with Hagar resulted in a tour in 2004 and new songs on a best-of collection.

http://www.vhnd.com/articles/060214-01.shtml

Another 'Rock Star' Update

February 14th, 2006

Undercover.com Reports...

And The Next Band To Use Reality TV To Find A Singer Is...
    by Eve Jenkin

Rumours have been circling the internet since the conclusion of reality TV series "Rock Star: INXS" as to who the next band would be that uses the talent quest to find a lead singer. "Will it be Queen or Van Halen?" asked many, but the truth is it's neither. The next "Rock Star" band is most likely....Camp Freddy.

"Camp who?" one might ask. Well it all makes sense when informed that "Rock Star: INXS" host Dave Navarro is in the band. That's right, according to an industry insider who told Undercover Camp Freddy, comprising the aforementioned Navarro alongside Billy Morrison (The Cult), Matt Sorum (Guns N Roses), Chris Chaney (Jane's Addiction) and Donovan Leitch Jr, will be the band looking for their very own JD Fortune in 2006.

If you're not familiar with the band, guitarist Billy Morrison explains it all on Camp Freddy's official web site. "Camp Freddy is not a band, but it is also way more than a jam session...Camp Freddy is an 'Occasional Happening', a freak of (Hollywood) nature," he says. "What happens when we get together and play is anyone's guess. Surprise guests, lounge singers turned heavy rock superstars, some of the world's greatest guitarists playing three chord punk tunes. I mean, who knows what will happen at the next show? It's not about money, or managers, or agents, but about motivation and fun...What we all got into the business for originally. We play some of the greatest rock and roll songs ever written, have a real laugh doing it, and invite artists that we respect to play them with us. It's the real spirit of Rock and Roll."

Dave Navarro must have been so impressed with last year's results he decided to utilized the format to gain a similar surge in publicity as INXS did circa the TV show's airing. You never know this could even be the way Navarro brings back Jane's Addiction.
    Whenever you see darkness, there is extraordinary opportunity for the light to burn brighter.
    -Bono

In my own little world where all things are Idol......
    Uh oh......don't know nothing about Camp Freddy Are they a big band or like they say..more a jam session band?

Don't know if RS would have the same appeal if its not a "big name" band that they are trying to get someone to front....my vote still goes for VH...tho I do agree with a previous poster that I can't imagine a girl fronting VH........
    Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast