+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Season 2

Season 2

I got in on the end of a disc jockey conversation this morning & they said season 2 would be Van Halen. Like I said it was the end of the conversation so I don't know if this was a joke or the real thing. Anybody else heard anything?

On a cupcake mission! Lois Lane's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by razorbacker
    I got in on the end of a disc jockey conversation this morning & they said season 2 would be Van Halen. Like I said it was the end of the conversation so I don't know if this was a joke or the real thing. Anybody else heard anything?
    OK, while I will admit I like a few of their songs, I don't think I could sit through a show of singers trying to ape David Lee Roth. He's not my speed, but he was pretty good at what he does...But, I'm not a big fan of that band's music. So I will most likely not be watching.

Unless MiG auditions.

☆ Janie Queen of BB cottoncandy's Avatar
    I'd have a hard time watching them try to replace Sammy Hagar. I hope it's a different band.

Oh I would totally watch if it's Van Halen. What else are they gonna do - find a couple new Beatles for Paul & Ringo?
    "I'm telling you - it's a madhouse out there. I feel like Charlton Heston waking up in the field and seeing the chimp on top of the pony." ~ Dennis Miller

I posted this article in the article's thread:

http://www.calgarysun.com/cgi-bin/p...icles&s=showbiz

If you read it closely Mark Burnett says 'Queen and Van Halen need lead singers'. He doesn't say anything about talking to them, just that they need singers. Queen is definitely not interested (Brian May was really down on INXS for doing this). I'm sure if Van Halen was interested Burnett would be a very happy camper but I'm not counting on it.

Quote Originally Posted by CdnINXSFan
    I posted this article in the article's thread:

http://www.calgarysun.com/cgi-bin/p...icles&s=showbiz

If you read it closely Mark Burnett says 'Queen and Van Halen need lead singers'. He doesn't say anything about talking to them, just that they need singers. Queen is definitely not interested (Brian May was really down on INXS for doing this). I'm sure if Van Halen was interested Burnett would be a very happy camper but I'm not counting on it.
    I thought Paul Rodgers was singing with Queen now. I bet he's surprised to learn they need a singer.

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by razorbacker
    I thought Paul Rodgers was singing with Queen now. I bet he's surprised to learn they need a singer.
    Brian May on his website has already said Queen is not looking for a lead singer.

MRD
    Oh, I think this would be fun. I like Van Halen. They were a fun group and did some great music and totally did not take themselves too seriously (and Eddie was sooooo cute!)
    I've seen them with Roth and Hagar and preferred Roth.

I think what would kick this show in the butt is to have Van Halen and to have David Lee Roth replace Dave Navarro as host! I think that would be HYSTERICAL! Maybe get Valerie Bertinelli to take over Brookes job??

Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

giz
    Van Halen was always a little too heavy for me. Still might watch the show. Don't know. What was the name of that band that did the video with the bee-girl? Loved that song. Their singer died of an overdose.

Quote Originally Posted by giz
    What was the name of that band that did the video with the bee-girl? Loved that song. Their singer died of an overdose.
    Blind Melon (possibly Mellon, I've seen it listed both ways before). Unfortunately I think they're a bit too obscure since they really only had the one hit (No Rain, wasn't that the title?), but that's more my style than Van Halen as well.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast