+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Season 2

In my own little world where all things are Idol......
    Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog
    Oh, I think this would be fun. I like Van Halen. They were a fun group and did some great music and totally did not take themselves too seriously (and Eddie was sooooo cute!)
    I've seen them with Roth and Hagar and preferred Roth.

I think what would kick this show in the butt is to have Van Halen and to have David Lee Roth replace Dave Navarro as host! I think that would be HYSTERICAL! Maybe get Valerie Bertinelli to take over Brookes job??

Oh yeah...I'm digging this idea.....I was a MAJOR Van Halen fan and would to see Diamond Dave again!!!
    Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

FOX Reality channel has a 1/2 nightly news show dedicated to all things Reality. Last night they had a listing of all the shows that are now being cast. They included RockStar Season 2. No band was named, but they are gearing up.

Casting has been going on for quite awhile now.
    Whenever you see darkness, there is extraordinary opportunity for the light to burn brighter.
    -Bono

So here is the latest I could find on Rock Star 2.

http://www.foxreality.com/detail.php...2953&type=news

CBS Renews Rock Star For Second Season
    January 17, 2006
    by Andy Dehnart
    Mark Burnett’s summertime musical competition series Rock Star has been renewed by CBS. The show’s success led to talk of a second season last fall; later, Van Halen was rumored to be the featured band, but that group will not be on the show.
    So who will the new band be? Variety reports that “Burnett and exec producer David Goffin are keeping a tight lid on details about the new season, saying some key deals have yet to be hammered out.” The new season could “be devoted to finding a lead singer for another headless band or go in a completely different direction, such as creating a new band,” according to Variety.
    Mark Burnett told the paper, “‘Survivor’s’ huge, but wherever I go now, people tell me ‘Rock Star’ is their favorite show. I’m glad it’s back. We know we’re going to get the same audience back next summer. Now it’s about growing that audience.”
    The show will air twice-weekly this summer; applications are now being accepted.

http://www.variety.com/article/VR111...8&cs=1&s=h&p=0

Encore for 'Rock Star'
    Burnett-produced skein gets second season

By JOSEF ADALIAN

CBS has greenlit production on a second season of the -produced talent hunt, which got off to a slow start last summer but ended up a success for the net. will return this summer, with Dave Navarro and Brooke Burke back as hosts.
    Burnett and exec producer David Goffin are keeping a tight lid on details about the new season, saying some key deals have yet to be hammered out.
    Original skein was designed to find a new lead singer for rockers INXS. It's unclear whether the new season will be devoted to finding a lead singer for another headless band or go in a completely different direction, such as creating a new band.
    Details on the creative direction could be finalized as soon as this week. Casting is expected to begin soon, with applications being accepted via CBS.com and Rockstar.msn.com.
    Whatever changes are made, "At the end of the day, the show will always be about finding a rock star," Goffin said.
    Burnett said that even he was surprised by the cult following "Rock Star" built last summer. " 'Survivor's' huge, but wherever I go now, people tell me 'Rock Star' is their favorite show. I'm glad it's back," he told Daily Variety. "We know we're going to get the same audience back next summer. Now it's about growing that audience."
    Burnett credited CBS Corp. -CEO Leslie Moonves for sticking by "Rock Star." "Leslie helped in figuring out the content. He really got involved," producer said, noting it was Moonves' idea to have early results in the voting announced on the skein's Tuesday edition.
    Burnett said it's likely "Rock Star" will stick with its twice-weekly format on CBS.
    Goffin said proof of the show's season-one success is in the sales data for the new INXS album and upcoming tour, which he said is sold out in North America.
    A few weeks ago, he said, he was INXS, and there was "Rock Star" winner J.D. Fortune, "who a year ago was sleeping in his car. Now he's in a bed filming a musicvideo with Estella Warren."
    In addition to Fortune, runner-up Marty Casey has an album coming out on Burnett's Sony-based imprint, while contestant Mig Ayesa has just signed with Universal Music, Burnett said.
    "Rock Star" averaged a 3.1/8 in adults 18-49 for its Tuesday performance show, with ratings increasing throughout the summer and reaching a season high with its finale.
    Burnett, Goffin and Lisa Hennessey are exec producers, while serves as co-exec producer.

Well I hope they decide on the band before they start picking the contestants, otherwise how can they possibly hope to find the correct match?
    "I'm telling you - it's a madhouse out there. I feel like Charlton Heston waking up in the field and seeing the chimp on top of the pony." ~ Dennis Miller

I think they are going for a different format this year. Might be trying to put together a whole band....not just a singer deal.
    Whenever you see darkness, there is extraordinary opportunity for the light to burn brighter.
    -Bono

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123