+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Buying songs from the show

MRD
    Quote Originally Posted by CdnINXSFan
    I always figured it was related to shipping. That's definitely not the problem here.
    I used to work for a company and we could not sell to Canada due to the shipping/duty/blah, blah, blah. It took almost 2 years for our company to get permission to sell/ship to Canada. I don't understand it.

Well Giz, that is weird and definetly discrimmination. I'd personall write to them and complain. Where in Canada are you? Near the border? or not?
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

What I have issues about this whole thing is the fact that we do have the NAFTA agreement - why are there issues with selling music over the net. If I'm willing to pay in US$ for a song (ultimately paying more) I should be able to do so, regardless of where I live. On the 'net borders don't exist so they shouldn't for internet trade as well... I'm in Toronto, myself, and can at least download "Pretty Vegas" off Itunes next week... I would like to have the music from the show though... it would be nice to have a full disc of my boy!

Buffy: What is this?
    Willow: A doodle. I do doodle. You too. You do doodle, too. ("Gingerbread")

Xander: Damn it! You know what? I'm sick of this crap. I'm sick of being the guy who eats insects and gets the funny syphilis. As of this moment, it's over. I'm finished being everybody's butt monkey! ("Buffy vs. Dracula")

The biggest tragedy in my life right now is that I can't find the cable to upload music to my MP3 player. (We just moved.) I'm about to pay exorbitant fees to buy a new one. I even dreamed that I found the cord last night! I'm obsessed with downloading my favorite Rockstar music!
    Got some revelation
    Put into your hands
    Save you from your misery
    Like rain across the land
    Donít you see
    The colour of deception
    Turning your world around again
    -- A. Farris, M. Hutchence

That's strange. I live in Canada and although I haven't downloaded any songs but a friend at work has. He did not say anything about having problems.

giz
    William 13, they've replied (from MSN) officially, that they don't have songs available to Canada. Your friend is probably getting them from a share-ware site.

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by giz
    They emailed me and said its available through local partners in England, Germany and Australia. Thanks a lot guys. RS was very popular up here, and once again we're shafted. Colour me unimpressed.

I don't know if if would be song rights. I've tried to buy a number of things off the internet from major companies and have been rebuffed because I'm Canadian. They'd better not come crying to me when they run out of water, cause I can hold a grudge.
    So much for us signing the Free Trade Agreement with the U.S., huh?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12