+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: INXS Performances

J.D. is supposed to be on E.T. Canada tonight. (That's the Canadian version of Entertainment Tonight.)
    "I'm telling you - it's a madhouse out there. I feel like Charlton Heston waking up in the field and seeing the chimp on top of the pony." ~ Dennis Miller

Rats. I just found out that MuchMoreMusic is doing 2 hours of INXS tonight. (I think the band is in Toronto right now.) The 8:00 show is Live, and the 7:00 show was a countdown to the 8:00 show. (Whatever that means.) The shows will be repeated again at 10:00 and 11:00 tonight (EST) so I'll catch them then.

Also, a commercial on CBC mentioned that J.D. would be on "The National" tonight at 10.
    "I'm telling you - it's a madhouse out there. I feel like Charlton Heston waking up in the field and seeing the chimp on top of the pony." ~ Dennis Miller

giz
    I taped tonight's show on MuchMore. Then I went out. I've just watched about 50 minutes of the second part (where the band performs and does an interview), then the tape cut out! My husband is in beeeg trouble when he gets home, as he seems to have turned it off before it was finished. Argh. Shame about it really, we've been together over twenty years.

It was really good. Gary and Tim were missing (why??), but the other guys performed. They got interviewed (by an idiot of a woman, where's Bill Wolychka when you need him)(She was really vacous and fan-girly), and they answered questions from the audience, and from various forms of electronic media. They seem like they get along very well. It's cool to see a group of guys who seemingly mesh very well. JD came across as very thoughtful. He said he's given his paycheques to his mum so far. (Audience "aww"). The band said they were looking forward to taking him to Australia and they are hoping for a good reception there. Jon (in particular) said JD was having trouble saying no to people, and it was implied it was people of the female persuasion. JD saw a fan in the audience from when he used to work in Toronto, and he said thanks to her and asked after her husband and kid. They said Jon is getting married. The audience at Much was huge, people piled up outside too, and apparently it's snowing in Toronto. What I saw of the show (ahem) was very good.
    Last edited by giz; 11-26-2005 at 02:06 AM.

giz
    Just looked at the Muchmoremusic.com website (pictures up there) and the show will be repeated tomorrow (Saturday) at 5:00 EST and Sunday at 2:00 EST. Our Suzie McNeil hosted the pre-show.

giz
    Watched the rerun today (slow day today!) and saw the final 10 minutes. Jon said he was really please to know JD (or more effusive words to that effect), and seemed sincere. There was a lot of man-hugging going on. JD said (about having gone from the bottom to the top) that "sometimes it's hard when you pay the price first to see there is light at the end of the tunnel, but never ever ever give up." He also said that the view from his car was amazing, it changed every fifteen minutes (nice minimizing there, interesting putting a positive spin on it and deflecting any pity moments idiot interview girl was after). Speaking of the interviewer she was much more annoying the second time around, and that's saying something.

Kirk said that Rockstar was his idea, and they did worry that it might not go well, but in the end it worked out, and now the other guys have forgotten it was his idea in the first place. JD calls Jon "Jonny". They seemed well-chuffed with their reception in Trawna, and are looking forward to showing JD Australia. I hope they outlast the year, they seem to have good chemistry together and could go the distance, by appearances anyway. Finally, they said JD had the whole package, and I'd have to agree they seem very natural together. It is not a square peg in round hole situation. Also, JD has the longest eyelashes I've ever seen outside of the Snuffleufagus.

Looks like INXS will be on Letterman one night this week..........(saw a commercial that said "coming up this week")
    kitty-cats rule!

I believe they're scheduled for Letterman tonight and Regis on Wednesday.

giz
    Saw them on Regis and Kelly this morning (hate that show, but noticed in the tv what's on thingy that INXS would be on so suffered through it). Pretty good set, but JD's voice didn't sound so strong today. I hope he's protecting it, and not overdoing it. I wish they'd done an interview though.

Yeah, no interview on Letterman either. I'd really like to hear them chat a bit. Not about Rock Star, just about themselves. JD's voice sounded fine on Letterman.

I just booked some awesome seats for the INXS concert! I heard on the radio on my way home from work that they were coming here (first shock), and booked some great seats that I can actually afford (second shock). The concert isn't until May 27, but I'm very excited!
    Don't let the small things sweat

+ Reply to Thread