+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: INXS Performances

Well I am definitely going to one concert....to see Marty at a minimum
    Whenever you see darkness, there is extraordinary opportunity for the light to burn brighter.
    -Bono

Toronto has sold out already. Grrr. That $20 U.S. I spent on INXS fan club was worth nothing.

I got confused about how to get the tickets. I was trying at 10:00 but not in the right place.

I ended up being able to go to PALA. Center stage row 14 and I bought at 10:02. I think that the front front is reserved for people other than the fan club. I'm happy though.

Got to listen to the SIRIUS interview recently. The band calls him Jason. JD said they can call him anything they want. =)
    "A pessimist is an optimist with experience." --Chuck Daly

I think as a rule they also block out a number of seats from the pre-sales. I just bought tickets (for a different band) through a pre-sale and my seats were ok, but someone who waited until the first public sale date got much better seats close to the stage.

So now I'm wondering if I bother to join the INXS fan club to do the presale, or just wait until Saturday...hmmm.

Oh, the one I'm going to says Marty & the Lovehammers will open (and it says "subject to change"). Hope he does - I'd love to see him do his mad conductor thing in person!

Ok, I broke down and joined the fan club so I could do the presale. I'm going to the Minneapolis show. Row T on the main floor - hopefully not too bad. The Orpheum isn't a huge place so I think any seat there is pretty good.

Can't wait to see INXS/J.D. + Marty.

FORT Fan
    We're going to the Denver show, got tickets this morning. Row 6 so we're pretty excited. We'll be out of town this weekend so we had to get tickets today. Can't wait for the show.

I'm so jealous of you guys. I'll have to wait and see if they come to Texas at a later date.

FORT Fogey
    Well, I managed to snag a single ticket to the Feb 7th Toronto show. Tried for 2 tix of top price seats first - no go. Then tried 2 at ANY price level - nope. Finally tried 1 at any price and got it. Tried it again but this time zip.

Unfortunately I didn't visit the INXS.com site earlier or I would have found out they were adding a SECOND show on Feb 6th but were not announcing it anywhere else. It apparently didn't show up on the Ticketmaster.ca listing for Toronto until AFTER the 7th was sold out. I found out about it 20 minutes after I got the single ticket for the 7th and by that time the 6th was completely sold out too! Grrr... If I had known, I might have been able to pick up tickets for several folks whom I know wanted to go.

Simply insane how fast these shows sold out. My sister in Vancouver had the same experience. She only managed to get one ticket for herself and none for friends.

Hi...I'm Remus' sister. I was not able to buy any tickets at all at the general public sale today. I only managed to buy 1 ticket from the general presale yesterday. Row 16, yea!!!! Saving this ticket for me! One of my other friends managed to get a few extra tickets so I can buy 2 from her, for the friends I was supposed to buy for. Thank goodness!

I heard that fan club presale sold out in 5 minutes in Vancouver. Vancouver only has around 3,000 or less seats so even fan club presale was no guarantee to get tickets. They had a general presale the next day but only single tix were available. But at least it was open all day even though only single tix were available. When I checked Seattle's tickets this morning, there were still tickets available, grrrrr. I'm guessing Seattle has a lot of seats? Good luck getting tickets guys!

FORT Fogey
    Hey sis!

I got a main floor seat at Massey Hall (Toronto), one of the central sections but Row Q (17th row). A friend of mine got Row I (9th row) but way to the far right side. Then she went and bought a pair of floor seat tickets to the Detroit show, which surprisingly wasn't sold out yet.

+ Reply to Thread