+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: INXS Performances

MRD
    Quote Originally Posted by fireflyer
    The link sounds great. I actually even think it sounds better than the live performance. I can hear the sound, and not get distracted by the visual

I can't believe I haven't heard this on the radio yet... I hope these guys aren't gonna have trouble getting airplay due to the "TV show" effect; i.e. not seeming legitimate because they were "televised". I want to hear it played!!!

Call your radio station and request it. Get your friends to call. The more people that call, the more likely they are to play it. Radio stations do listen to fan input. If the fans like the music being played, then the advertisers are more likely to advertise and the radio station gets more revenue. So call. And call often.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

It was a great performance on the Craig Fergusen show- JD seemed a little nervous in the first minute or two, then got into it and took it all the way home with a bang.

I have noticed on my local radio stations that they are playing a LOT of old INXS music all of a sudden!
    Go Tigers!

Suzie McNeil on the radio (Toronto)

This morning I heard Suzie McNeil on the radio (there has to be an advantage to spending 2 hours in a traffic jam - I wouldn't have normally been in the car at 9:00). It was a really short interview but she also sang her song 'Soul Life'. Wow! It was so much better than I remembered and her voice is so much better than I had realized. Maybe I found her somewhat ordinary because she looks a bit ordinary but her voice wasn't ordinary at all. She and the song really benefit from a stripped down version (she just had a guitar player with her).

Some of the things she said:

The usual stuff about becoming friends through all the stress. She didn't get a chance to talk to JD at the after party because he was 'wisked away' but she talked to Andrew Fariss on the phone yesterday and they're doing great and really busy.

She thinks they're almost set on having a RockStar Tour starting in November.

She was working as a reporter (laughs at the idea of it) at the Rolling Stones concert last night and everyone kept wanting to know about her rather than answering her questions about the Stones. She joked that she could pull a John Lennon and say she was 'Bigger than the Stones'.

She's looking at management and songwriting options and she expects to start work on a new CD soon.

Quote Originally Posted by CdnINXSFan
    She was working as a reporter (laughs at the idea of it) at the Rolling Stones concert last night and everyone kept wanting to know about her rather than answering her questions about the Stones. She joked that she could pull a John Lennon and say she was 'Bigger than the Stones'.
    I saw her doing that reporting gig on the news last night. Pretty cute actually.
    "I'm telling you - it's a madhouse out there. I feel like Charlton Heston waking up in the field and seeing the chimp on top of the pony." ~ Dennis Miller

FORT Fan

Tour Dates

Ticketmaster has listed one INXS concert date:
    Friday 2/3/06 8pm: Orpheum Theatre in Minneapolis,MN
    Tickets on sale Oct 7th at 10am!

I've also seen a rumor of a show in Chicago on Feb 4th at the Chicago Theatre.

Any other dates yet?

I just heard on a local Toronto radio station that INXS will play Massey Hall on February 7th. I CANNOT WAIT!!!!!!!!

Woohoo!!! thanks for the update YummyMummy!!! I will DEFINITELY be there!

Buffy: What is this?
    Willow: A doodle. I do doodle. You too. You do doodle, too. ("Gingerbread")

Xander: Damn it! You know what? I'm sick of this crap. I'm sick of being the guy who eats insects and gets the funny syphilis. As of this moment, it's over. I'm finished being everybody's butt monkey! ("Buffy vs. Dracula")

me too mellon! maybe i'll see you there! i'm so pumped. although, tickets were supposed to go on sale friday, but they've moved the sale date to october 15th...i've marked my calendar & am waiting anxiously!

Thanks for that link. The song does sound more polished. Can't wait to buy their album when it comes out.

FORT Fogey
    Have heard Pretty Vegas a couple times on local Toronto radio stations already. It's currently in Mix 99.9 FM's Top 7 @ 7 in the 6th position.

+ Reply to Thread