+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: JD Fortune on Ellen DeGeneres

Quote Originally Posted by Juls2
    OMG ... they sounded great ... seemed like they had been playing together forever ... did Pretty Vegas!
    I agree! I really enjoyed watching them, it was fun !!
    JD wasn't my very favorite (he was my 2nd fave)..but he fit in perfect with the band. They sounded great together, I wish them much success.

FORT Newbie
    JD did a great job! Congrats INXS. They made the right choice for their band. I think JD was wearing "Ellen" underwear, did anyone else notice?

What are Ellen underwear? She has a line of underwear? Womens/Mens?

I was very surprised to see they did his song. I don't think he did that great. His voice was off.

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by VanJagSol
    I was very surprised to see they did his song. I don't think he did that great. His voice was off.
    Why surprised? It's been released as the new INXS single. Only logical that they would promote that song. Also heard that song on one of our local radio stations this afternoon.

He might have been slightly off on Ellen -- lack of sleep could do that to you -- but he and the rest of the band were spot on when they played the same song on the Late Late Show With Craig Ferguson.

Quote Originally Posted by fireflyer
    What are Ellen underwear? She has a line of underwear? Womens/Mens?
    She has underwear that are in the gift packs which are given to her guests. I have been to one Ellen taping where the guest put the undies on his head.
    Whenever you see darkness, there is extraordinary opportunity for the light to burn brighter.
    -Bono

Ha ha that's too funny! "You get underwear! You get underwear! Everybody gets some underwear!" Oprah gives cars, Ellen gives underwear. Still, now I want some.

The guys did well on the Late Show. The second time JD used the megaphone it looked too rushed. I think they were having a lot of fun. It seemed like it was missing that magic element of live audience interaction... the audience was too far away, too small, or something. Now that JD is officially the lead singer, I think he needs to display more swagger when he performs. He really needs to own it if he's gonna sell it.

I really, really liked the new bridge in the middle of Pretty Vegas. It made it a great song. I haven't heard it play on the radio yet.

I'm confused as to why these guys had to be aired at 1:30am (the very end of Ferguson). Couldn't they get on Letterman? They had their own series all summer and did quite well, and it was a Burnett production, and it was CBS, so I'd have thought Letterman would surely invite them right away. What's up with relegating them to the middle of the night?

Are there any other pending interviews/performances?

The guys did well on the Late Show. The second time JD used the megaphone it looked too rushed. I think they were having a lot of fun. It seemed like it was missing that magic element of live audience interaction... the audience was too far away, too small, or something.
    I was at The Late Late Show taping. (You didn't think I'd pass up another opportunity to see JD Live, did you?)

The stage (such as it is) is REALLY small. I knew the minute we walked in that JD was going to have to change up his performance considerably.

The audience is also small --- only about 75 or so. It was FULL of JD Fans, however, so we tried to make up in noise what we lacked in size.

INXS was pre-taped at the beginning of the show before Craig Fergusson appeared. (I dont think he was even in the studio, as he asked the audience later if they were good. We roared our approval.) CFs introduction of them was filmed much later.

It was great to see them walk out together as a complete band. But it was a little strange, too. I missed the phony Mayan setting. (At least we got to see a little 30-second clip of New Sensation from the mini-concert at the Finale.)

I thought they rocked Pretty Vegas. It sounded HOT (much better than it did on Ellen, imo) and JDs voice was strong & deep & clear. I loved the way he moved during the song, despite the constraints of the stage. The crowd was screaming along with the chorus, as always.

After they finished, they took their bows & left. No talking with the audience or anything. Once again, it seemed a little weird after all the time Id spent at Rockstar (where I got used to hearing all of them speak, sometimes at great length).

After the show, I felt a little bittersweet. I guess because it finally hit home that Rockstar was over. INXS had found their new singer, and JD had achieved his dream. But Im seriously going to miss my weekly dose of Live JD.

I'm confused as to why these guys had to be aired at 1:30am (the very end of Ferguson). Couldn't they get on Letterman? They had their own series all summer and did quite well, and it was a Burnett production, and it was CBS, so I'd have thought Letterman would surely invite them right away. What's up with relegating them to the middle of the night?
    It was probably due to the fact that Letterman is in New York and The Late Late Show is in L.A.
    Are there any other pending interviews/performances?
    The next performance I've heard of will be at Hollywood & Highland on October 17 (I think) to celebrate the opening of a new Virgin Megastore.

JD sounded awesome on the Ellen show. I was glad they had lots of room to move there, not like the Craig Ferguson show, where it looked like they only had a little corner. It really constraint JD into one place.

Quote Originally Posted by LAGuy
    I was at The Late Late Show taping. (You didn't think I'd pass up another opportunity to see JD Live, did you?)

It was great to see them walk out together as a complete band. But it was a little strange, too. I missed the phony Mayan setting. (At least we got to see a little 30-second clip of New Sensation from the mini-concert at the Finale.)

LAGuy, I'm so jealous.

And thanks to you, when I saw the New Sensation clip (which was awesome), I knew exactly where it came from. I'm hoping that footage will end up on a DVD set for Christmas.
    "A pessimist is an optimist with experience." --Chuck Daly

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast