+ Reply to Thread
Page 38 of 41 FirstFirst ... 2829303132333435363738394041 LastLast

Thread: 9/20 Finale Show Discussion **SPOILERS**

Quote Originally Posted by kimrs
    The worst thing for me in the final show was that they cut someone after the first set. I don't know why they couldn't have all three sing with them. It would have made the final announcement that much more tense and I think that would have made the show more entertaining, esp. for all of the Mig fans. Besides, it's not like they didn't have plenty of filler time in that hour. More music and less talk is always better IMO.
    I felt the same. I posted my hopes before the show that none of the remaining 3 would have to hear the words "you are not roit for our band" and instead, just announce who is right. Marty, at least, was spared from having to hear that. I guess they figured cutting MiG would make it more suspenseful, getting down to the final 2.

MRD
    I head that INXS with JD will be on Letterman on Fri. night. Is that true? Anyone know for sure?
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog
    I head that INXS with JD will be on Letterman on Fri. night. Is that true? Anyone know for sure?

Actually, it's the Late Late Show with Craig Ferguson, after Letterman....I will be staying up for THAT!

Quote Originally Posted by YummyMummy
    Actually, it's the Late Late Show with Craig Ferguson, after Letterman....I will be staying up for THAT!
    And they're going to be on Ellen tomorrow!!

Quote Originally Posted by Suicide Blonde
    And they're going to be on Ellen tomorrow!!
    thanks! i didn't know about the ellen appearance! woo hoo!

I just popped into the msn message board and it showed me how awesome this group is. There was a bit of negativity shown here but very, very little. Almost every thread on the msn board is 'ha, ha, you lost' or 'what idiots they are for picking him' etc. etc. It was horrible.

These 3 guys were so totally different that it's inevitable that some people were going to hate the outcome but this board concentrated on the good and really enjoyed the results and the show.

I'll look here again next time I watch reality TV - probably American Idol but that's going to be a big letdown after this. For sure for Rock Star : ??? group.

Teach your children Uncle David's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by CdnINXSFan
    probably American Idol but that's going to be a big letdown after this.
    After seeing how it SHOULD be done I can't imagine watching anyting of AI other than the initial search portion.
    The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's too late to stop reading it.

I posted an article (23 Sept 2005) about MiG and his feelings regarding INXS choosing JD on MiG's thread. The only negative comments he ever made.

INXS with JD as frontman makes me wanna

Dancing Close To The Edge BusyMom4Boys's Avatar
    MiG should take a lesson from Marty on graciousness.

INXS had every right to chose the person they thought was the right man/woman. The only reason people are complaining is because their personal fave lost. It is childish. If you don't like JD, or INXS w/ JD (before, I don't know, say giving them a chance), then don't listen to their songs.

If you have to support your favorite by tearing down somebody else, what does that say?

On a cupcake mission! Lois Lane's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BusyMom4Boys
    MiG should take a lesson from Marty on graciousness.
    I didn't take what he said as a slam on INXS or JD. He lived with JD for 3 months (or something like that) and had a few negative-ish things to say about him (as did several other contestants on and off the show) and I'm sure they all had spats with each other and didn't always jive with each others' personalities 24/7. There were several on-air comments JD made that were little digs at MiG.

What I think is more telling than what they said in these post-show interviews is how they all behaved on the show. Marty, JD and MiG were all cheering each other on in the finale. They knew only one would win, but they were still clapping and cheering along.

+ Reply to Thread