+ Reply to Thread
Page 37 of 41 FirstFirst ... 272829303132333435363738394041 LastLast

Thread: 9/20 Finale Show Discussion **SPOILERS**

I just wanted to add my thanks to JLuvs and LAGuy. This was a great series, and you two really heightened our experience. I hope there's another season.

Many thanks!!!
    "I'm telling you - it's a madhouse out there. I feel like Charlton Heston waking up in the field and seeing the chimp on top of the pony." ~ Dennis Miller

MRD
    Quote Originally Posted by giz
    Jon is the youngest of the band, he was born in 61, so is 44. I think the oldest is 48. To me they look about the same age as all the dads at my kid's school, i.e. not in their fifties. Guys look more their age IMO because of the paunches and the balding, and the fact that men that age were not using face creams when the women were. We're better preserved!
    Now I have heartburn.

My husband was born in 61 and me in 62. I am that age. I thought they were OLDER. God, I better go recheck myself in the mirror.

Do you think they might look older due to sun damage? We had an exchange student from Australia and she said that they really have a problem with UV there due to the ozone hole.
    I have lived in Florida my entire life and only used sunscreen a few years. I used to bake with babyoil mixed with iodine for that really dark tan in my teen years and I don't have that much sun damage. I thought those guys were much older. They look older.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

I've been a bad, bad girl Siryn's Avatar
    I'm going to miss seeing my Marty each week. And MiG, with his completely hot body....And how freakin' cute is Garry Beers? I'm going to miss seeing him too. Wah, the show's over!!
    I me some Marty Casey. Go Marty!

MRD
    Quote Originally Posted by sweetpea
    Seinfeld? Surely you jest!

I loved that show. Best sitcom, ever.
    I'm digging Lost too. Good to know the season premiere was good, as it's on in 1.5 hours here.

Topic? I read a couple of interviews from the band today and they are very complimentary towards JD. Say he is passionate, edgy, a great song writer, etc. Of course, I would expect them to be complimentary to their choice, but it's still nice to know, as they put it, that he is a full-on member of the band not just a hired frontman.
    Hated Seinfeld
    LOVED Lost last season. Tonight was good too. Nerve wracking.
    Invasion was weird. Especially the hurricane theme with all that's going on.
    Not a star Wars fan.
    LOVED!!! LOVED!!!! LOVED!!!! LOVED!!!! JD.

I was not an INXS fan before, never owned an album. Have now been converted to a big fan and have downloaded many songs which I have been playing a lot. Where was I in the 80's? I listened to everything from Culture Club to U2 and surely INXS had to fit in there somewhere. Well, most of that decade is a blur anyhow. LOL!

MRD
    Quote Originally Posted by Lois Lane
    Sweetpea, do NOT miss the first five minutes. I actually thought it was a different show and that I was on the wrong channel...I really liked the episode. Creepy and good. "Uh huh."
    I was very confused at first and thought "flashback". Hey, the vinyl records threw me off. What was that song? Was that Petula Clark?

And the end. Creepy.

Now back on topic. I wonder if JD, Mig or Marty are Lost fans?

MRD
    Quote Originally Posted by fireflyer
    Hmm, I agree that INXS didn't seem that impressed, but my guess is it was because his stripping was giving some cheap thrills, rather than some earned thrills.

A week ago I might've agreed that INXS's dislike of the 'strip' was because they were threatened, but not now. A fellow FORTer directed me to INXS's website where INXS shares their old videos for free:
    http://www.inxs.com/index.php?sectio...ion&page=video
    Click on the "Taste It" song.
    (note: You'll probably be prompted to load the Quicktime viewer if you don't already have it.)

If you watch this Taste It video, you'll see that our boys are anything but prudes, and certainly don't seem too affected by overt male sexuality. LOL!!!!! It puts Michael in the role of 'exhibitionist', and Our Boys are sitting around munching on snackies and staring at Michael getting his rocks off! This video is hysterical!

I had no idea this video existed. Awesome to have a brand new sample of INXS 9 years after it all ended.

I can't imagine JD, nor Marty, nor certainly not Mig making this type of video. But of course I fully support them giving it a try!!!!!
    I watched it too. Man, I know that didn't play in the US. And Garry licking toes. Reminded me of Suzie drinking champagne off Jd's. UGH I think that is kind of gross. But the video was provocative and EDGY. Who says after seeing that one that INXS was not edgy?

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog
    I was very confused at first and thought "flashback". Hey, the vinyl records threw me off. What was that song? Was that Petula Clark?
    It was Mama Cass. Check out our LOST thread in the non-reality TV forum.

/threadjack
    "I'm telling you - it's a madhouse out there. I feel like Charlton Heston waking up in the field and seeing the chimp on top of the pony." ~ Dennis Miller

I've been a bad, bad girl Siryn's Avatar
    Don't remind me about Garry licking the toes. That video gave me chills, and not necessarily in good ways! I am pretty sure that that didn't make it onto American TV.
    I me some Marty Casey. Go Marty!

The worst thing for me in the final show was that they cut someone after the first set. I don't know why they couldn't have all three sing with them. It would have made the final announcement that much more tense and I think that would have made the show more entertaining, esp. for all of the Mig fans. Besides, it's not like they didn't have plenty of filler time in that hour. More music and less talk is always better IMO.

My comments on the show

I've been really busy and I've been reading but haven't had a chance to post my thoughts until now.

The show was great! I'm glad they saved time by not having INXS comment on anyone. At this point it really doesn't matter since no one is going to be able to use the comments for later weeks. They want to make everyone look good for their future careers and theres no need to worry about who got the better comments - we found out soon enough.

A longer show would still have been better. I would have liked to see everyone sing an INXS song. If MiG hadn't been in the bottom 3 last week he would never have sung one! Next time maybe they could have some type of encore where someone good got to sing INXS (or whoever the band is) as well as the bottom 3.

I was disappointed they picked 'Don't Change' for Marty since it's the only song that he has sung on the show before. It showed they weren't looking to find out what he can do and that they'd already made up their minds but it also either sent him a message or showed they didn't think he would do well with other INXS songs.

Marty as the opening act for INXS would be a win-win situation. I'm assuming they do right by him, he's been a no-name opening act for a big show before but they know he's not a no-name anymore and will help sell tickets. I'm glad he looked so happy about the opportunity. I always got the impression that Dave N. was more impressed with Marty than INXS were. He definitely suit's Dave N.'s style more than INXS so everything's good.

I want a DVD of the entire season! So many of us got hooked later on and would love to see what happened in those first few weeks. There's so much we didn't see, full versions of the studio sections and the songs they wrote with Andrew would be great. Having a DVD that's indexed by contestant would be amazing.

(Sorry I'm so long)

+ Reply to Thread