+ Reply to Thread
Page 36 of 41 FirstFirst ... 26272829303132333435363738394041 LastLast

Thread: 9/20 Finale Show Discussion **SPOILERS**

giz
    Is LAGuy going to have time to do an performance report for us? I need to wean myself off this show slowly!

Quote Originally Posted by giz
    Is LAGuy going to have time to do an performance report for us? I need to wean myself off this show slowly!
    I'm going to put up some stuff about JD in his thread later tonight. It'll take me a little longer to do a full Live Performance Report.

giz
    Thanks so much, LAGuy. I'm sad it's over, so this will help soothe my feelings a little!

FORT Fan
    I was thinking alot today about the editing of this show,and how much in retrospect we were once again being manipulateded by Mark Burnett.Thinking back over the reality segments in the mansion how many times was there alot of focus on JD and his interactions? Seems to me way more then many other rockers in the house.Not sure if he was the only one creating drama,or if drama was being produced around him by MB?Wonder exactly when did OBINXS decide they wanted JD?
    I was not very impressed with INXS three new songs.Just heard a new Stones song on the radio today, which has the Stones sound of previous albums,but enjoyed listening to it.
    I was very disappointed we never heard Marty or Mig's songs that they were writing with Andrew .What happens with them,what was the point? Really thought we should have heard their songs in the finale,rather then what we did hear. Just another factor in making me feel they already had choosen JD,and last night's show was for show.And I think they already had things worked out with Marty to come in second,but get the exposure for the Lovehammers and possible opening act gig for INXS.

On a cupcake mission! Lois Lane's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Galestorm
    I was very disappointed we never heard Marty or Mig's songs that they were writing with Andrew .What happens with them,what was the point? Really thought we should have heard their songs in the finale,rather then what we did hear.
    Yeah, my guess is the show's producers wanted to play only songs that were familiar to viewers so that the casual viewer didn't switch channels...and they allowed the new INXS song since it's their show. But I'm with you...I wanted to hear Marty and MiG's collaborations with Andrew as well. Hopefully, they will be allowed to record those songs if they want to (with Andrew given a co-songwriting credit, of course) and we will get to hear them some time.

William, loved your post...it's ironic 'cause I just finished watching the LOST season opener (LOVED IT) and saw your comment... I REALLY like that show...can't help myself!

Quote Originally Posted by William13
    Now I have to add JD to the list of highly popular phenomena whose reason for popularity escapes me completely Seinfeld, Star Wars, Lost, etc.
    Seinfeld? Surely you jest!

I loved that show. Best sitcom, ever.
    I'm digging Lost too. Good to know the season premiere was good, as it's on in 1.5 hours here.

Topic? I read a couple of interviews from the band today and they are very complimentary towards JD. Say he is passionate, edgy, a great song writer, etc. Of course, I would expect them to be complimentary to their choice, but it's still nice to know, as they put it, that he is a full-on member of the band not just a hired frontman.

On a cupcake mission! Lois Lane's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by sweetpea
    I'm digging Lost too. Good to know the season premiere was good, as it's on in 1.5 hours here.
    Sweetpea, do NOT miss the first five minutes. I actually thought it was a different show and that I was on the wrong channel...I really liked the episode. Creepy and good. Mr. Lois Lane popped his head in to make sure I was OK while it was on...

BTW, unlike you brave ladies, I never told him that I was such a MiG fan. He heard a little bit of all their performances and said, "The blond guy is the best" and then walked away. I just said, "Uh huh."
    Last edited by Lois Lane; 09-21-2005 at 10:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by fireflyer
    So if Marty HAD one, the "Trees" single was ready and waiting for release...
    I meant to say "If Marty HAD won, the Trees single was ready and waiting for release..."

Quote Originally Posted by Lois Lane
    Judging by the way INXS looked at Mig when he took his shirt off..., they seemed to be threatened by overt male sexuality.
    Hmm, I agree that INXS didn't seem that impressed, but my guess is it was because his stripping was giving some cheap thrills, rather than some earned thrills.

A week ago I might've agreed that INXS's dislike of the 'strip' was because they were threatened, but not now. A fellow FORTer directed me to INXS's website where INXS shares their old videos for free:
    http://www.inxs.com/index.php?sectio...ion&page=video
    Click on the "Taste It" song.
    (note: You'll probably be prompted to load the Quicktime viewer if you don't already have it.)

If you watch this Taste It video, you'll see that our boys are anything but prudes, and certainly don't seem too affected by overt male sexuality. LOL!!!!! It puts Michael in the role of 'exhibitionist', and Our Boys are sitting around munching on snackies and staring at Michael getting his rocks off! This video is hysterical!

I had no idea this video existed. Awesome to have a brand new sample of INXS 9 years after it all ended.

I can't imagine JD, nor Marty, nor certainly not Mig making this type of video. But of course I fully support them giving it a try!!!!!

giz
    I'm not a prude either, but the shirt thing was just a little tired to me (strangely immune, as I am, to MiG's physical charms). It seemed pre-planned, and I prefer my rock and roll to (at least appear to) be more spontaneous. Perhaps they didn't appreciate the planning that went into it! (The only time I want choreography with my music is when I'm watching the Temptations).

+ Reply to Thread