+ Reply to Thread
Page 34 of 41 FirstFirst ... 242526272829303132333435363738394041 LastLast

Thread: 9/20 Finale Show Discussion **SPOILERS**

Quote Originally Posted by Lois Lane
    Hee hee. JD is 31, I think. Marty is like a year older. MiG is 35.
    Oh, he looks much younger.

Quote Originally Posted by giz
    Actually JD is only 3 years younger than MiG, and about 11 years younger than the youngest INXS member.
    Wow, they look like they are in their 50's.

giz
    Quote Originally Posted by SpilltheBeans
    But finally, since the rules of this forum allows all types of comments about the contestants, let's just not internalize it. They're not making fun of you after all.
    I internalise everything, that's why I have heartburn. I'm not taking it personally, I just feel name-calling lowers the tone, and it's kind of unnecessary, and isn't the best way to illustrate a point.

JD does look young. I would have thought with the smoking and the sleeping in the car, he would look a little older. Jon is the youngest of the band, he was born in 61, so is 44. I think the oldest is 48. To me they look about the same age as all the dads at my kid's school, i.e. not in their fifties. Guys look more their age IMO because of the paunches and the balding, and the fact that men that age were not using face creams when the women were. We're better preserved!

On a cupcake mission! Lois Lane's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by giz
    Guys look more their age IMO because of the paunches and the balding, and the fact that men that age were not using face creams when the women were. We're better preserved!
    Giz, I think this generation's men are more pretty boys and use products...but yeah, not back in the day. Although I think if you have a couple and the man and the woman are the same age, the man almost always looks younger than the woman. I attribute that to giving birth to children. And taking care of a grown up child...you know...the husband.

I think they said that Garry Gary is the oldest INXSer...so that would make him the 48 year old? For some reason, I always though Tim Farris (curly haired guitarist) or Kirk (the kitty cat, according to your daughter) was the oldest...

Quote Originally Posted by JLuvs
    MiG is planning on staying in LA for a bit to see what pans out, now that they can look at all their offers and such, and then he will most likely go back to London.

JLuvs, is that msnbc chat available to read anywhere? I couldn't get on there today...But I know on that TVGuide.com interview they did with him he said he and Simone were thinking about moving to L.A. for a while...he said they were "gypsies" and could live anywhere. That's a nice attitude to have.

I'm thinking all the boys are going to be happy to finally be able to get laid! (If there were any affairs at the mansion, they didn't so much as hint at it and that's the type of thing reality shows LOVE to exploit).

And someone earlier compared one of the contestants to looking like Beck. You must mean Ty, right? No seriously, who did you mean? Neal? I don't remember what a lot of the guys looked like...Not Brandon...not Wil...not the final 3...were there other guys? I can't even remember...

Quote Originally Posted by VanJagSol
    Wow, they look like they are in their 50's.

All those years of sex, drugs and rock 'n' roll take their toll...

Last edited by Lois Lane; 09-21-2005 at 02:40 PM. Reason: added more to my post

JLuvs, is that msnbc chat available to read anywhere?
    It is up over at MiG Central.
    Whenever you see darkness, there is extraordinary opportunity for the light to burn brighter.
    -Bono

FORT Newbie
    did anyone else sit in either the marty or mig chat on msn today?
    i sat in the marty chat and i really enjoyed it.
    i thought it was great that he talked about what a great relationship he had developed with jd and how they were sort of yin and yang - jd a bit more dramatic and marty a bit more introverted (except for on stage -- )
    anyway, it could be b.s., but he also talked about how he and jd - during week 2 - talked about how cool it would be if they were the final two and how they would have a glass of wine together just before if it were them -

probably posted already, but i thought it was appropriate - if they can find the LOVE, so can we -

That INXS chose the one with whom they grooved the best and that together they can evolve into a new band are not two mutually exclusive possibilities. Editing focused on Marty's comments about how he could lead the band and help them evolve into the 21st century. I have no doubts that JD will do this as well, but perhaps INXS chose the lead singer with whom they could more organically and naturally evolve. I personally would've respected their choice between their finalists because it's just that: their choice.

ETA: But I think INXS got what they wanted and needed.

I'll miss Dave Navarro the most He is my perfect man!
    Decided to watch the show after catching a glimpse of him while channel-surfing, and enjoyed the music & many of the performers.
    JD is not my cup of tea (he's certainly not the hot, charismatic hunk that MH was), but he was probably the best choice for INXS. (Although I don't understand why they didn't ask Navarro to be their front man!--I'd pay topdollar to see THAT).
    I'd buy a CD or DVD if Mig put one out. The gals were overall much more talented than the AI contenders (IMO). This was a an entertaining show & I enjoyed all the posts & on-scene reports. Looking forward to future snarking with y'all on the Amazing Race boards; it will be fun to see if any of the kids can out-whine Flo!

I can't wait to go home and watch last night's show again!!

And ... how busy is Dave N. going to be? He's already said he wants to play with Deanna, Jordis, Suzie, and now Marty!! When oh when will Carmen see her man!?

On a cupcake mission! Lois Lane's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by crista galli
    (Although I don't understand why they didn't ask Navarro to be their front man!--I'd pay topdollar to see THAT).
    I'd buy a CD or DVD if Mig put one out.
    Can Navarro sing? I've never heard him sing!

Judging by the way INXS looked at Mig when he took his shirt off (Dave loved it, like he was so proud of his own offspring), they seemed to be threatened by overt male sexuality. It was kind of like what that photographer told MiG at the GAP photo shoot--sexy men make other men feel uncomfortable. (I noticed how when the same photog was pointing out sexy shots of Suzie, he didn't mention those as being too sexy...'cause men like to see sexy women). But I'm guessing INXS wouldn't want Navarro in their band (even if he could sing) 'cause he is soooooo out there compared to them--tattoos, makeup, almost always topless etc.

Quote Originally Posted by suicide blonde
    And ... how busy is Dave N. going to be? He's already said he wants to play with Deanna, Jordis, Suzie, and now Marty!! When oh when will Carmen see her man!?

Hmmm, notice how he only wants to work with women (and now Marty, of course)!

You know, it must've been kind of heartbreaking for the others who weren't picked to sit there and realize that a few had been singled out as being good enough for him to collaborate with. I'm sure that MiG and some of the others must've felt a little crappy...it's human nature to feel excluded when you're not feeling all that love!

Quote Originally Posted by dallas_viewer
    I believe JD was selected at least a couple of weeks ago, if not earlier, since I didn't really think INXS would ask him to record a PV single while they chose a different front man.
    Nah, "Trees" (w/ Marty) got recorded as a single too. They announced it several weeks ago. They did it with both JD and Marty. The idea was that whoever WON the competition, that's the single that the band would release afterward. They told us that on the show.

So if Marty HAD one, the "Trees" single was ready and waiting for release...

+ Reply to Thread