+ Reply to Thread
Page 33 of 41 FirstFirst ... 23242526272829303132333435363738394041 LastLast

Thread: 9/20 Finale Show Discussion **SPOILERS**

giz
    I think MiG appears to have such a lovely personality that this will get him far too (besides his talent). Being a fan of slightly heavier rock music (than MiG excels at) doesn't mean he won't do really well within his genre. In a way I think it would be a shame if he didn't do stage work, as he is very good at that, and I think a stage and recording career don't have to be mutually exclusive. I was sort of suprised he wasn't second to last, instead of Marty actually, as I didn't find Marty's style quite as compatible with INXS. I wondered if they just felt Marty was more appealing to a younger cd buying crowd, and that was why he supplanted MiG. All three of the guys were very talented, but in the end, the band knows what feels right to them, and for me JD was the right choice. I bet there's a lot of proud Maritimers today!

Quote Originally Posted by delrios

Also as far as personal song choice. I too at first was like "what the hell is Marty doing choosing a song he already did twice"...but they all knew their own song choice would have no bearing on the results, and I think Marty chose Wish You Were Here for no one other than himself...It was a defining moment for him in the contest (I mean did you see him cry after he sang it the first time??) So that is why I think he chose it...not because he is a mornon. Same goes for Mig choosing Bo Rhap...I think he was smart as far as strategy in not doing it the first time, but at that point last night he did it for himself as did J.D. as well!

we as well as a lot of you knew it would be J.D. and rightfully so.

This is my second posting all season but just wanted to thank you guys for the entertainment...it was fun reading all of your thoughts and opinions
    Great post! I think Marty and MiG did the right thing as well. They showcased themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by giz
    I think MiG appears to have such a lovely personality that this will get him far too (besides his talent). Being a fan of slightly heavier rock music (than MiG excels at) doesn't mean he won't do really well within his genre. In a way I think it would be a shame if he didn't do stage work, as he is very good at that, and I think a stage and recording career don't have to be mutually exclusive.
    I agree that he could do both, but right now I would like him to go solo or with Mignition for awhile and I can safely say after reading his live chat that just happened that MiG agrees with me and that makes me very happy
    Whenever you see darkness, there is extraordinary opportunity for the light to burn brighter.
    -Bono

Quote Originally Posted by Lois Lane
    MiG could've sung another ballad or another rocker and he still would've been eliminated. The band wanted JD for a while is my guess (though I think they would've been better off with Marty as a songwriting collaborator). I never liked "Pretty Vegas" and I hated INXS's two originals ("Us" and "Easy Easy"), so unless they come up with another single that I can hear for free on the radio, I won't be buying their new CD or paying to see them perform live. For me, it'd be like going to see another generic band and all I'd want to hear are the oldies that were actually good...
    You know, Lois, you're right. MiG could have sung anything and he would still have been cut, as I believe by that point they had made up their minds. It probably was a nice polite thing to say, that he was happy with the final three, but last week, if there still had been any doubts in the band's mind, it could have given the band that *whew, ok then, we can cut him and he'll be ok* kind of vibe.

I agree that the band wanted JD for awhile. I think the turnaround in performances, plus the Nirvana/PV set, sealed the deal for them.

I didn't mind Easy, Easy but would have *liked!* to hear the whole thing Brooke, thank you very much! If they come to my piddly little town I'll be the first in line. Mr. Sweetpea even gave me his blessing. He enjoyed JD last night singing YCAGWYW. Thought he did a great job with the INXS songs, and appeared satisfied with the ending. That's major props from him!

Quote Originally Posted by oneeye
    AI has it right, they let the public decide who will win and guess what, they make a godzillion amount of dollars on the singers the public picks. Hello--we kept MiG in the top three all the way through, didn't we, and he would have made a godzillion amount of dollars for INXS. Oh well..their loss
    But let's not forget, AI chooses a SOLO singer. INXS was looking for a bandmate. Of course they are going to choose for themselves who they think fits best, rather than let the public decide. The voting public had a voice in showing them who they liked the best, and those three made it through to the end. The band picked the singer that was right for them.

giz
    Thanks JLuvs, I'll have to look at the livechat. I guess I think of live theatre as being such a self-contained world when you're working in it, it's such a family, I saw MiG as enjoying that. So maybe he will move to L.A.? (Also I love London so much I guess I had him mentally stuck there, cause who would leave London?)

I wish they'd shown more of the songs that they worked on with Andrew. I've really enjoyed the show, but I do wish they'd given a little more time to behind the scenes stuff with INXS, I would have liked to get to "know" them a little better. Missing the Kirk's moustache already. (My daughter says he looks like a pussy-cat, and she means that literally).

Thanks JLuvs, I'll have to look at the livechat. I guess I think of live theatre as being such a self-contained world when you're working in it, it's such a family, I saw MiG as enjoying that. So maybe he will move to L.A.? (Also I love London so much I guess I had him mentally stuck there, cause who would leave London?)
    MiG is planning on staying in LA for a bit to see what pans out, now that they can look at all their offers and such, and then he will most likely go back to London.
    Whenever you see darkness, there is extraordinary opportunity for the light to burn brighter.
    -Bono

FORT Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by oneeye
    Choosing an Elvis Impersonator to front INXS? Oh, there's a real smart move. INXS will be laughed out of the business.
    Wow, why can't people just let this die. Look, he was probably a starving artist and did something that paid the bills. I'm sure if you look in the past of quite a few performers/rock stars they would have something as equally embarrassing.

Regarding the final three:
    Congrats JD, you've been my choice since California Dreamin'. Good to see someones dream come true. You'll do well for many years and albums to come.

Good luck to MiG, I'm sure we'll be hearing from him, he is very talented.

Good luck to Marty as well, hopefully the INXS/Lovehammers world tour stops through my city. If so, I'll be there.

Although I am a huge Marty fan, I really think JD was the right choice for INXS. When I watched him perform with the band, he just seemed to fit.

The whole season of this show was so much fun to watch. I really wish INXS/JD well and hope to see a lot of MARTY in the future.

JLuvs/LAGUY - it was so great to have your insight in this forum. Thanks so much!

FORT Newbie
    I'm kind of sad to see people can't be gracious about JD winning. He was my favourite, but if MiG had won, or Marty, I might have had a gentle snark, but people are being really vitriolic. It's giving me heartburn!
    I agree. JD was one of my least favorites, but the guy never did anything to me and I wasn't going to buy INXS cds anyway, so I don't see a reason to hate him. On the other hand, JD supporters can also be one-sided so it goes both ways.

But finally, since the rules of this forum allows all types of comments about the contestants, let's just not internalize it. They're not making fun of you after all.

+ Reply to Thread