+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What I wish and hope for the contestants...

On a cupcake mission! Lois Lane's Avatar

What I wish and hope for the contestants...

OK, tonight is the last night of ROCK STAR: INXS. There may be another couple seasons of this show with other bands looking for a lead singer, but will they be as good as this one? I can't imagine...

But here's what I wish for the contestants...

I wish that whoever wins the lead spot helps take the band back up the charts (even if temporarily), because there's something very sad about a group of middle-aged men trying to reclaim their glories of youth.

I hope that the two who don't get the spot realize that they are talented in their own right and have their own following of fans that most likely will spend their hard earned money to buy their CDs and go see them in concert. Talent contests are like beauty contests--the most talented and beautiful don't always win the contest they crave. Otherwise, Halle Berry and Michelle Pfeiffer would've been Miss Universes rather than just small pageant winners.

For MiG, I hope he gets to live out his rock star dreams in another forum if he doesn't win this contest. And I don't think he will win. I hope MiGnition gets some great exposure and he goes on his own tour sans INXS and get a taste of what he's always wanted. It may turn out not to be to his liking. Personally, I hope he keeps with his musical career, but I would love to see that face on the Big Screen in films.

I hope JD feels the love and acceptance others have for him and accepts himself for who he is. It's OK to be an arrogant A-Hole if you're taking yourself completely seriously.

I hope Marty--who I think is going to win this whole thing--turns to the band after he's announced as the winner and says from the bottom of the heart, "Thank you, but I'm not right for your band." OHMIGOD! How excellent and dramatic would that be? Mark Burnett would have a freaking cow!!!

What do you all wish for? And it can include any of the past contestants...

Speaking of them, do you think any of them will show up tonight at the finale?

Quote Originally Posted by Lois Lane
    Speaking of them, do you think any of them will show up tonight at the finale?
    I wish the finale was longer! Why are they cramming a finale in 1 hour when they pad out a full hour on every elimination night!

I think MiG has no worries about staying in music with his background but I hope he gets a chance as a rocker if that's what he wants.

I think Marty & JD will do just fine whatever happens. I hope INXS and the rockers can get back onto the radio. It can be difficult from a reality show, esp. in a rock outlet but I think this one doesn't have the poor reputation that other shows have.

I heard that Deanna was seen going into a big-time promoters office. I hope quite a few of them do well but 15 people is a lot to saturate the top hit lists.

I'm sure Jordis will do well given the number of downloads she gets - she's still 2nd only to Marty. Dave N. has actually had her singing in his gig even before she was off the show (see his blog 6767.com). His stated love for her singing tells me that he was sure she wouldn't be top 3 - he was careful to avoid stating other preferences.
    Last edited by CdnINXSFan; 09-20-2005 at 11:32 AM. Reason: grammer

Quote Originally Posted by Lois Lane
    I hope Marty--who I think is going to win this whole thing--turns to the band after he's announced as the winner and says from the bottom of the heart, "Thank you, but I'm not right for your band." OHMIGOD! How excellent and dramatic would that be? Mark Burnett would have a freaking cow!!!
    ?
    Wow - hadn't even thought of that possibility! That would be crazy!!

I agree that no matter who wins (since I like all of them), I really hope that this is the start of a revival for Our Band INXS's career, and that the person they choose stays with them for a while.

For the contestants, I also think the two not chosen (and some of the others) will find success. I really hope that Suzie does because I think she is especially talented, and just a likeable person, though I do think her stage act could use a bit of polish. I also hope Marty, if not chosen, comes touring with his band or the house band to a location near me!

Bring on the finale - what an awesome show this was!

FORT Fan
    I really wish for Mig and Marty to have success. I wish Mig would find true confidence in himself and his abilities.

I hope any success they achieve isn't just the short and fleeting kind. Only Kelly Clarkson of AI has become any kind of "regular" pop star. Clay Aiken is second ... but his exposure is nowhere near Kelly's. I'd hate to see that for these guys.

FORT Fan
    That really would make this finale like Miss America. The runner up would have to assume his duties for the next year. Thanks

MRD
    I wish that the 2 not chosen don't show extreme disappointment because I could almost not bear it. I don't want to see them trying not to cry or anything.
    I hope they all get some kind of gig. Lots of talented people on this show. Some should be recording, some should stick to their hometown bands and get local success which they deserve too. But not all are roit for the major leagues.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

giz
    For me, I'd like to see Marty stick with Lovehammers because the exposure they've gotten is incredible and I don't think his style is right for INXS, although I do like him as a performer. I think MiG is best suited for stage work and studio work and this will bring his career even higher in those genres. I think he is tailor-made for soft rock, and could do really well there. I hope JD takes it, I think he's the best fit, vocally, creatively and stylistically. As you said MyRosieDog, I hope they take it well, I worry about seeing any of them take it hard (in front of us).

Quote Originally Posted by giz
    As you said MyRosieDog, I hope they take it well, I worry about seeing any of them take it hard (in front of us).
    Exactly...If I were on stage, I'd be bawling regardless of whether I won (or didn't win). I'm sure that in a way, even the two who don't get to record with INXS will at least feel a sense of relief that they get to go home, stay in L.A., take a vacation, take meetings or do whatever they want without having to worry about how it's going to look on TV.

From what I have heard the prior contestants should be at the finale.
    Whenever you see darkness, there is extraordinary opportunity for the light to burn brighter.
    -Bono

Quote Originally Posted by JLuvs
    From what I have heard the prior contestants should be at the finale.
    JLuvs, what are you doing here? Aren't you at the taping? Or is that over already?!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast