+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 LastLast

Thread: 9/18 House Show **SPOILERS**

I've been a bad, bad girl Siryn's Avatar
    fireflyer, why ask more questions when it's pretty clear what they want? Andrew wanted them to bring something to the table from a brand new track, and each one was different. Listen to the song and compose something, and we'll talk about it tomorrow. How hard is that?
    I me some Marty Casey. Go Marty!

Quote Originally Posted by fireflyer
    Ahh, I think you're glossing it a little. Several times, Mig asked Marty "INXS isn't gonna criticize us for our song choice this time, right?" and Marty affirmed it, twice. Then we see Marty in his confessional saying the opposite. Since Marty was obviously thinking it, then yes it was a little shady for him to tell the opposite to Mig.

Granted, there is no rule that Marty has to be honest to Mig. But describing Marty's actions as 'supportive' is QUITE charitable, IMO!!! He was definitely 'gaming' it. Just like JD in the early days.
    I just read the recap at rockstar.msn and they said that the instructions were to pick the song that best demonstrates what you can bring to INXS. If those were really the instructions, they MiG totally blew it to choose Bohemian Rhapsody. It's a great song, but I don't think it really demonstrates what INXS is looking for does it?

If Marty knew those were the instructions and encouraged MiG knowing that he wouldn't be giving them what they were looking for, then that wasn't too up-front of Marty. On the other hand, MiG should be capable of making that distinction for himself. The band has given pretty clear feedback throughout, and if he's not getting it, it's not Marty's job to connect the dots for him.
    Seeking form amidst the void.

But if that's not possible, gimme a Margarita...shaken, not stirred...and hold the salt, please.

I've been a bad, bad girl Siryn's Avatar
    fireflyer, go watch it in INXS Sound and Vision on INXS.com. It requires Quicktime.
    I me some Marty Casey. Go Marty!

I haven't been this excited for a finale since the original Joe Schmo. I work until 2AM so it won't be too hard to avoid the spoilers. I'm not so sure the winner will get spoiled though, MR M.B. might have a trick or two up his sleeve.

I'm disappointed the show will only be an hour.

Quote Originally Posted by Siryn
    fireflyer, why ask more questions when it's pretty clear what they want? Andrew wanted them to bring something to the table from a brand new track, and each one was different. Listen to the song and compose something, and we'll talk about it tomorrow. How hard is that?
    I believe they were just told to listen to the music and that they'd be collaborating the next day with Andrew to write the lyrics. And Dave reiterated that "tomorrow is all about collaboration".

Quote Originally Posted by jasmar
    Well, now that it's come down to it, I'm going to have to read the spoilers tomorrow night. Regardless of who wins, I'm going to feel so badly for the other two, I'll need the time zone buffer to prepare myself.
    You and me both, Jasmar. I don't think I can wait. If my boy takes it, I'll have happy thoughts and something to look forward to. If not, I can record it and then go cry in my wine.

Speaking of drinking wine, one thing is weird about this show that has otherwise been pretty rich in sneaky product placement. EVERY WEEK they show us those fancy etched wine goblets in ruby and gold, but they've never said who makes them. It seemed weird that they were shown so frequently, but never named...

And by the way, it sure seems like these contestants drank a lot, doesn't it? Or maybe it's just me.

Yeah, it seemed like they were never in jeapordy of being sans alchohol. I guess it's the whole rockstar lifestyle?

Quote Originally Posted by Siryn
    fireflyer, go watch it in INXS Sound and Vision on INXS.com. It requires Quicktime.
    OMG you are so right!! What a shocker! Wow, I am surprised at that, and no, I certainly don't remember seeing that video in the U.S., LOL.

Too funny, the band just sitting there chowing down on snacks (tasting them) during the whole thing. Imagine how awkward that would've been during filming!

Now, which of our 3 contestants do you envision could seriously produce something naughty like that?

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by fireflyer
    Ahh, I think you're glossing it a little. Several times, Mig asked Marty "INXS isn't gonna criticize us for our song choice this time, right?" and Marty affirmed it, twice. Then we see Marty in his confessional saying the opposite. Since Marty was obviously thinking it, then yes it was a little shady for him to tell the opposite to Mig.

Granted, there is no rule that Marty has to be honest to Mig. But describing Marty's actions as 'supportive' is QUITE charitable, IMO!!! He was definitely 'gaming' it. Just like JD in the early days.
    Why does anything Marty say have to be "shady" or "dishonest"? Frequently, the band members don't actually say anything really critical or they just give generic praise; however, they still might wish for something better. Choosing Bohemian Rhapsody (or any Queen song) is a definite risk, especially by MiG. I'm sure last week's interview is still fresh in his mind and he knows how much INXS don't really care for his extensive stage background. However, he's also the one of the final three who can pull off a great performance of this song. And if he does, INXS will love it, so no criticism, but they still might not give MiG enough credit for it to put him over the other two guys when it comes down to final selection of a new lead singer.

Just as you feel he's "gaming it", I stand by my gut feeling that he's being supportive.

+ Reply to Thread