+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 LastLast
Results 61 to 70 of 136

Thread: 9/18 House Show **SPOILERS**

  1. #61
    Forum Assistant sweetpea's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    5,800
    Quote Originally Posted by Lois Lane
    ...I hate to call them losers...
    I was thinking the same thing. I really hope OB simply tells one of the three that they ARE ROIT for OB:INXS and save the other two from having to hear that they are NOT ROIT. It seems like a fitting thing, given that the three of them are so talented and all are roit in different ways. It just seems like it would be a good way to end it. Then again, having said that, it probably won't happen that way.

  2. #62
    FORT Regular Seadog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Posts
    104
    Quote Originally Posted by CdnINXSFan
    I haven't seen the show & I don't think I'm going to be able to (anybody know if it's being shown in the Toronto Area?!! I don't see it in the TV Guide!)

    RS:INXS will play on CH at 9:30PM Monday night.

  3. #63
    On a cupcake mission! Lois Lane's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Right behind you
    Posts
    5,063

    INXS songwriting sweatshop?

    I wonder if this show is just an INXS sweat shop to get free songs from the contestants.

    Joking...

    Sort of.

    But maybe INXS will come out with songs called, "Home in YOU," "Pretty BOULDER" and "SHRUBS" and call it their own...

  4. #64
    FORT Fan blue eyes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    186
    Quote Originally Posted by Seadog
    RS:INXS will play on CH at 9:30PM Monday night.
    Thank God!! It wasn't listed in my tv guide so I thought I would have to miss this episode.

    Gawd I love JD.....Whaaaa....I'm going to cry if he loses and cry if he wins!

    What will I do after this show is done? Wear a hole in my harddrive replaying all my downloaded preformances. After tonights show I think they are going to pick Marty "Sniff" Thats okay...Marty will do a great job...but he's not my boy like JD.
    Out. for. a. walk... Bitch.

  5. #65
    FORT Fanatic OriginalSinner's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    783
    Quote Originally Posted by sweetpea
    I was thinking the same thing. I really hope OB simply tells one of the three that they ARE ROIT for OB:INXS and save the other two from having to hear that they are NOT ROIT. It seems like a fitting thing, given that the three of them are so talented and all are roit in different ways. It just seems like it would be a good way to end it. Then again, having said that, it probably won't happen that way.
    You are right, it won't happen that way. The other way would build more suspense

  6. #66
    FORT Newbie
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    27
    lois,
    you almost busted me to my husband with your post - too funny -

  7. #67
    FORT Fogey
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Posts
    1,284
    Quote Originally Posted by fireflyer
    Miggy Miggy Miggy, OB is not gonna be happy with you! And for shame, Marty, for affirming all of Mig's misguided thinking, and then two-facedly telling the cameraman the opposite about Mig's choice. LOL.

    Although this is a very good psychological experiment, if you ask me. I seem to remember JD pulling this trick at the beginning of the series, to which everyone labeled him sleazy/slimey/whatnot. Interesting if those same people will now label Marty's tricks the same.
    What tricks? I'm sure MiG knows 100% the risk he is taking in choosing Bohemian Rhapsody. There was really nothing Marty could say that would change that reality and they both knew it. Besides, it's not Marty's (or anyone else's) place to criticize MiG's choice on the matter. The best thing for him to do is just be supportive of whatever decision MiG makes, and that is precisely what he did.

  8. #68
    FORT Fan quentcomps's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Chicago, IL
    Posts
    174
    (Going a page back) I thought Neil was great, too. He was like a young Mick Jagger mixed with maybe some Iggy Pop or something. Not to take another opportunity to diss JD, but it seemed like Neil had the natural rock and roll attitude that JD tries hard to approximate. Anyone know if he's got a band or anything?

  9. #69
    On a cupcake mission! Lois Lane's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Right behind you
    Posts
    5,063
    Quote Originally Posted by chico4158
    lois,
    you almost busted me to my husband with your post - too funny -

    Thanks Chico!


    Quote Originally Posted by Blue Eyes
    What will I do after this show is done? Wear a hole in my harddrive replaying all my downloaded preformances. After tonights show I think they are going to pick Marty "Sniff" Thats okay...Marty will do a great job...but he's not my boy like JD.

    I hear that there may be a second season of this show with different bands. Apparently there's already been interest from several other bands looking for a singer...and a few that are looking to replace the singer the currently have.

    Can you even imagine that latter scenario? Knowing that you're going to be replaced while you're still alive? Of course, they could have the Bottom 3 have a sing off with the actual singer every week and if he's better, he gets to choose who to send home. If not, he gets sent home and then the Bottom 3 goes back to the way it was...

  10. #70
    On a cupcake mission! Lois Lane's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Right behind you
    Posts
    5,063
    Quote Originally Posted by quentcomps
    (Going a page back) I thought Neil was great, too. He was like a young Mick Jagger mixed with maybe some Iggy Pop or something. Not to take another opportunity to diss JD, but it seemed like Neil had the natural rock and roll attitude that JD tries hard to approximate. Anyone know if he's got a band or anything?
    hi Quent, that was me that said that. Yes, a young Mick Jagger...totally, I can see that. Neal (Neil? I can't remember) hit a few off keys, but no more than JD or Marty...and INXS always forgave Marty saying that rock stars don't always have the best voices (which is DEFINITELY TRUE...anyone ever hear Kurt Cobain sing live? Not a great technical musician, but he was a fantastic songwriter and definitely a ROCK star...). He sang "Suicide Blonde" and got sent home. Suzie sang the same song and got sent home. I think that's one of the "kiss of death" songs.

    The thing about Neal was he didn't seem to have to try that hard to BE a rock star. He just ooozed cool. MiG (who is my favorite) has been accused of pretending to be a rock star. I won't go into my feelings again about that 'cause the regulars would get bored and start gagging, but I remember he wrote on his blog that he was shocked when Neal was sent home. I was, too. I thought he had what they were looking for. I think if he had made it past "Suicide Blonde," he may have knocked one of the final 3 out already.

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.