+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: 9/18 House Show **SPOILERS**

Quote Originally Posted by jasmar

I'm going to go out on a limb here and say I still think Mig will win, based on a good combination of work ethic, charisma, proficiency, musicianship, and being just darn' gorgeous.
    Based on what they showed tonight, MiG has no chance. Marty even said he thought they MiG would be eliminated last time, so Marty and JD both know it is coming down to the two of them. Andrew also was, uh, less than impressed in the song-writing. I *do* think that Andrew was trying to be complimentary to each of them, but I thought he was stretching a bit to do so here.

On the other hand, as a JD lover, I can't say I'm comfortable after the song writing. For everything that was cool (when Andrew said "I was thinking the exact same thing" after a JD suggestion) there was uncool ("wish he had brought more to the table initially" [paraphrase]).

Tuesday will be interesting. GO JD!
    "A pessimist is an optimist with experience." --Chuck Daly

I like to think that MiG is doing BoRhap for his fans who have not seen him in WWRY, good on ya !

After the performance, people are going to ask Suzie who ? We are in for a treat !
    Last edited by OriginalSinner; 09-19-2005 at 12:30 AM.

Haven't seen the show here. I have to say though, I would think Marty picked WYWH for the simple fact that the night he sang it, he said he felt like it was one of the very best moments of his life. I remember his face, how elated he was. He's most likely trying to re-create that moment in time, when he felt on top of the world.

I am happy JD is doing YCAGWYW. I like the song, it's deceptively simple but is a real crowd-pleasing tune and I think he will nail it. Just thinking about him singing it, with that deep voice, gives me shivers!

MiG choosing BR? Yikes. I think that sealed his fate. It's not a show tune, but I fear that our MiG will turn it into one. He probably won't be able to help it, and will do it in that all-out, stop the presses, grand finale kind of way. I think it's great he's picked a song that makes him feel happy, that he loves to perform. But it's not, I fear, what OB would like to hear him do.

Go JD!

Regarding the foreshadowing/editing, I do agree that Burnett has a penchant for the tactics; however, isn't the final decision show live? So his use of them would be speculation since he shouldn't know who is the winner yet.

I also got a tummy ache when I saw that JD looked unprepared for the collaboration. But then we got to see the Collaboration! Everyone else came in with a finished product for him to grade/edit. JD brought an idea for them to explore together. He has already shown that he can write a song by himself (Pretty Vegas) and the point of his clinic today was to demonstrate his working style and check his chemistry with the band.

During the interview last week, it was Andrew who was worried about JD's game playing. I think he genuinely felt a connection with him today, and was touched with their excitement of pulling the song together and ending up hugging.

JD has been the obvious choice to me all along, but I just feel better and better about it as the show continues.

This is so much better than Idol. Burnett has the Midas touch.
    Last edited by sugargoose; 09-19-2005 at 12:46 AM. Reason: clarity

Sugargoose, I HATE burnett, I hate all this deceptiveness, selectiveness, trickery, slanted editing...
    But you are right, the show itself is outstanding. NONE of us know who the winner could be, at this point. It is plausible than any of the 3 could be chosen.

I love that! Nothing is worse than wanting to enjoy the SuperBowl but knowing the winner after the first 4 minutes. I guess it's up to the band. I can't believe I have to wait 2 more days to find out.

Did anyone notice if the 3 tracks given to the 3 contestants were the same, or different?

Quote Originally Posted by fireflyer
    Sugargoose, I HATE burnett, I hate all this deceptiveness, selectiveness, trickery, slanted editing...
    But you are right, the show itself is outstanding. NONE of us know who the winner could be, at this point. It is plausible than any of the 3 could be chosen.

I love that! Nothing is worse than wanting to enjoy the SuperBowl but knowing the winner after the first 4 minutes. I guess it's up to the band. I can't believe I have to wait 2 more days to find out.

Did anyone notice if the 3 tracks given to the 3 contestants were the same, or different?
    ha ha. His shows drive me nuts but they really are cleverly planned. The editing, etc, is not the good part--I think it's the concept of each show. They just work. I must confess I have had dreams about Mark Burnett. I don't know what caused this.

Regarding the tracks, I was thinking they were the same, but the rhythm of the lyrics that each of them came up with were so different!

The description of Marty packing just cracks me up. Sounds like a guy thing for sure.

What are you talking about? Marty dumping his drawer upside-down into his suitcase? As somebody who is anally organized, that really bothered me.

I am so sad. I don't want it to end for these guys. And, I can't believe they threw all the furniture in the pool but didn't jump in there themselves. WTF!! They missed a great opportunity to re-enact some scenes from Titanic! I would've been all over that, singing Celine and everything.

Yeah, Fireflyer, I was talking about the dump-the-drawer-in kind of thing. It just always strikes me as funny, since I'm like you are, anally organized and have to make packing lists, and Mr. Sweetpea is a little more like Marty. Just pick up a handful of clothes and toss 'em in!

I know! I'm not as bad as Monica (from Friends), but I do like to have everything on my desk perpendicular. LOL! And I could never just dump it into a suitcase. On the other hand, Marty doing that seems so free, so un-bondaged, that it does intrigue me just a little.

I suspect that the mixing of you and Mr. Sweetpea makes a great duo. Balance is everything.

+ Reply to Thread