+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: 9/18 House Show **SPOILERS**

OK, west-coaster here so I'm just mid-way through tonight's show...

And I'm thinking "Not again, JD!" (referring to his statement that he's not gonna listen to the lyrics until tomorrow). Now, I completely agree with him because that way he'll be able to spontaneously collaborate with Andrew. And, I am very much a "wait-er". I absolutely NEVER open my Christmas presents before Christmas. I like to save everything for a surprise. B

BUT, this feels too much like a repeat of the show where JD wasn't prepared...

Yikes. Andrew, in effect, said that JD didn't have enough discipline.

Andrew gave the best reviews to Marty. (However, because I'm biased, I couldn't help but feel like the best 'collaboration' occurred when JD was in the room...)

I thought all the song melodies were a little dull.

So, do you guys think the contestants have gone all this time in the mansion without sex? They sure do seem to be missin' the girls!

stuck on an island with creepy ferret faced Ben
    Quote Originally Posted by OriginalSinner
    MiG's BoRhap in my opinion is all good, not a bad thing.

Marty is the one who was dumb enough to repeat WYWH, a safe choice since he done it once before on the show.
    MiG doing BoRhap could also be seen as safe, since he has done it in his on-stage gig. INXS has criticized him for playing it too safe.

Marty doing WYWH isn't safe because it is out of his perceived "screamer" realm.

Ummm, am disappointed with all their song choices. I think they all chose songs that had a certain meaning for them personally, without thinking whether or not it was a song with which INXS would choose to represent themselves.

JD's last note when he was singing You Get What You Need was off. Uggh. And, he needs to bring some SPICE with him tomorrow, if he plans on creating something special in INXS's kitchen.

Miggy Miggy Miggy, OB is not gonna be happy with you! And for shame, Marty, for affirming all of Mig's misguided thinking, and then two-facedly telling the cameraman the opposite about Mig's choice. LOL.

Although this is a very good psychological experiment, if you ask me. I seem to remember JD pulling this trick at the beginning of the series, to which everyone labeled him sleazy/slimey/whatnot. Interesting if those same people will now label Marty's tricks the same.

Interesting that it took the departure of all the fairer sex to bring out all the true competitive instincts, for better or for worse. When it comes down to it, all men are equally slimey & sleazy.

I sure am glad I'm female.

I guess I'm just being mean now to cover up my own insecurities I'm scared for tomorrow!

stuck on an island with creepy ferret faced Ben
    Quote Originally Posted by fireflyer
    And for shame, Marty, for affirming all of Mig's misguided thinking, and then two-facedly telling the cameraman the opposite about Mig's choice.
    maybe Marty was simply trying to reassure MiG on his choice.

MiG should at least be able to nail the song, given he is confident with performing the song.

I'm worried that JD's choice is too low-key. Against BoRhap and Wish You Were Here, "Get What You Need" is a pretty bland, 'think-happy' song that doesn't carry the passion of Marty's choice, nor the dynamic drama of Mig's choice.

Of course, JD kinda said his strategy was to be low-key. Well, he said "In like a lion, out like a lamp." implying that if they go in guns blazin', they'll run out of bullets too early. (I guess that's what he meant.)

Marty's strategy is the opposite.
    Last edited by fireflyer; 09-18-2005 at 11:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by SQUATMAN
    MiG should at least be able to nail the song, given he is confident with performing the song.
    Yeah, I think Mig will definitely rock that song.

Quote Originally Posted by fireflyer
    Although this is a very good psychological experiment, if you ask me. I seem to remember JD pulling this trick at the beginning of the series, to which everyone labeled him sleazy/slimey/whatnot. Interesting if those same people will now label Marty's tricks the same.
    It is slimy, IMO! I don't have cable (so haven't seen the show), but I don't like those kind of tactics from anyone. Pooh on Marty if that's what he's doing! (But I still love his performances )

Interesting that it took the departure of all the fairer sex to bring out all the true competitive instincts, for better or for worse. When it comes down to it, all men are equally slimey & sleazy.
    My own personal experience has been pretty equal opportunity in terms of gender-based sleaziness.

I'm going to go out on a limb here and say I still think Mig will win, based on a good combination of work ethic, charisma, proficiency, musicianship, and being just darn' gorgeous.

So one of us will be crying in our Diet Pepsi on Tuesday, fireflyer.
    Token Christian.

If truth is relative, how do you know?

Quote Originally Posted by SQUATMAN
    MiG doing BoRhap could also be seen as safe, since he has done it in his on-stage gig. INXS has criticized him for playing it too safe.

Marty doing WYWH isn't safe because it is out of his perceived "screamer" realm.
    It is not about moving away from your comfort zone this final week. It is about showcasing your talent.

Marty ? There are plenty of other songs he can pick to show his softer side, why the same one ?

FORT Newbie
    agree with many of the comments that I don't really care for the choices for any of them -
    marty - repeat and not my fave of his "softer" stuff
    jd - agree that this isn't the best to showcase his voice, but you never know
    mig - oh, no miggy - what are you thinking????

i hope, hope that there are other songs to supplment - some kickin' inxs songs.

love marty, but i don't think this comment is biased -
    i didn't get the impression he was trying to talk mig into bo rap - in fact i think it was trying be supportive of his choice while kinda raising a red flad - didn't he say something like "well........it's your choice..." - if someone said that to me rather than "that's gonna rock!", i would think twice -

maybe it's just me -

+ Reply to Thread