+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: 9/18 House Show **SPOILERS**

On a cupcake mission! Lois Lane's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by suncat7
    I don't think MiG should have chosen Bohemian Rhapsody, as much as I would love to hear him sing it.
    I know...I was thinking the same thing. I think that he is going to do a fantastic rendition of the song, and I'm anxious to hear him sing it ... but, I also think that INXS are going to freaking ream him for it. It's in his comfort zone, it's too theatrical, he's not stretching as an artist, they'll say.

In the songwriting clinic with Andrew, I thought all their songs were interesting. I probably liked Marty's the best, but his voice was shot to hell. MiG's voice sounded the best, but I think Andrew didn't like him being in a happy place.

Question for anyone who knows: Are all the contestants contractually obligated to do these Rock Star tours and everything? Can they sign a record deal with anyone they want (who wants them)? Can MiG go back to doing theatre if he wants without being sued? (Although I'm guessing the two runners up at least will get some potential record deal interest, so most likely they'll all be making a record.

And not for nothing, but can anyone see what they're eating? They always seem to be eating something when they're all sitting around that table talking...and then Dave Navarro will pop in. Whatever it is, the food looks delicious!

I did think it was pretty funny when Marty said he'd sing "Pretty Vegas." And it was sweet/cute/sad when JD asked who had sung "Baby I Love Your Way," and MiG kinda hurt said, "I did," and JD laughed and said "I know." Then he and MiG tussled/wrestled a little bit. Did you hear me ladies? They tussled! (For real.)
    Last edited by Lois Lane; 09-18-2005 at 09:42 PM. Reason: wanted to add on about Pretty Vegas

As for J.D., I think he chose wisely. I can't help but think of his coming into the songwriting session with very little as foreshadowing of a win for him. (classic Burnett editing)

I'm a huge Marty fan and would love for him to win, but I think that J.D. will take it all.

I was thinking the exact thing - I'm thinking JD takes this also...

I would rather hear something other than "Wish You Were Here" from Marty, but he (and INXS) probably views this song as a measure of how he has progressed throughout the show.

I'm sad this show will be over in two days...

3 songs each would make sense. 1 choice, 1 old INXS song (a challenging one) and a new INXS song.

I haven't watched the show. Why would Marty pick the same song ? Strange ! MiG wanted to do BoRhap but gave it to Suzie, he'll nail it. Did JD do any Stones before ? I don't think so. I thought they were only doing INXS songs this week. From the article I posted on MiG's thread, it said :

"In the final program each of the contestants perform a new INXS song.

Next morning a single featuring the new singer will be released in Australia."

I was thinking that JD could be in trouble when he went into the songwriting clinic with only a few lines. But with the collaboration with Andrew, they came up with a cool song. All 3 songs sounded pretty good. They all had their own different style. Of course, I prefer JD's and Marty's style better.

I don't know if it's a good thing that we saw a lot of JD's confessionals and heard him singing in the background of the final scenes of tonight's show. I hope that he wins, but I"m a little nervous about the editing tonight.

stuck on an island with creepy ferret faced Ben
    Marty picking WYWH was done not because it was his strongest, but because it showcased his lighter side best. Oddly, hearing that performance(and all his others) over the internet sounds SO much better than while watching. I've been amazed by how much I enjoy his voice more coming out of my dinky computer speakers.

Another possible reason for chosing that song is to set the stage, and set his vocals up, for what I anticipate will be a 2nd (or 3rd) INXS song.

I don't think MiG should have chosen Bohemian Rhapsody, as much as I would love to hear him sing it.
    MiG's BoRhap in my opinion is all good, not a bad thing.

At this stage, INXS would have a pretty good idea who they want. So doing BoRhap is not going to do MiG any harm. If he nail it, like I know he would from WWRY review, it would be fantastic to watch. A showstopper. BoRhap is Queen is rock at its best, what so theatrical about it ? I don't buy that argument. He mentioned it as his favourite song. Remember ? Suzie got an encore for that song and she was lacking IMO. If all goes well with BoRhap, he would gain new fans who have not watched him in WWRY, that's something in his favour. Anyway, that's not the only song he will be doing.

Marty is the one who was dumb enough to repeat WYWH, a safe choice since he done it once before on the show.

If they do an original INXS song in the finale, maybe it is the one they worked on in the clinic tonight?

J.D. did do a Stones song before - "As Tears Go By" - which I've downloaded with a few of his others.

I too thought they were making it look like J.D. was "slacking" or something. Probably just some fancy editing for suspense.

Speaking of downloading, I just bought a bunch of songs by Marty, J.D., Jordis, MiG and Ty. I have to say that the songs sound a lot better than when I watched them on tv. Must be because I was too distracted watching their dancing or the INXS guys' reactions.

Can't wait until Tuesday night!!!

giz
    I'd just like to say "I can't stand the suspense!" I'm hoping JD gets it. I think having the opportunity to work with Andrew would be pretty cool for him, and I think he'd look good in videos. I also think he fits best with their style, while having enough creativity to shake things up a little.

Quote Originally Posted by GlitterxGold
    Darn it I missed it. Hope they re-run it.

What the heck? Mig, no, noooo bad move buddy! lol I love all three guys, but I think and hope J.D. takes it all.
    I love Mig, but I don't think he's getting this gig. What that in mind, I'm very excited to hear his take on Bo. Rap.

And the show is on again Monday at 8:30 eastern time.

+ Reply to Thread