+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121314 LastLast

Thread: 9/18 House Show **SPOILERS**

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog
    Sweetpea, you will be on the Amazing Race board too? Yes? Is there a Lost board anywhere? I know its not reality, so its not on the FORT. But I LOVE that show.
    Amazing Race comes on tonight before Rock Star right?

Well to make this on topic: GO JD!!!!!!!!!!!! Sending you all the positive energy I can send.
    You betcha babe! AR is my very favorite reality show. I've been the biggest fan since season one. Lost *is* on the FORT, and has a big and loyal following, let me tell you! It's under non-reality shows. They usually have one big thread rather than different topics, but it's great and the thread was pretty darn long by the end of season 1.

Oh, and I'm sending JD some very positive vibes myself. Go JD!

Quote Originally Posted by Suicide Blonde
    I agree with you squatman. At this point, there's no need for OB to negatively respond to any of their performances. It doesn't benefit anyone.
    I'll 3rd that. Tonight will be about how far they've come, how proud they should be of themselves, how they are all awesome performers. It's going to be a love-fest (well, except for the part where two people may be heartbroken at not getting the gig, of course.)

They must be through an hour of taping...if of course they started on time. I can't imagine how our intrepid spoilers are going to tease us without giving anything away, unless of course the actual coronation isn't live but will be taped later on? ARGH!

FORT Fan
    There is alot of discussion on various boards about Marty not stating to Mig the same opinion he gave in the confessionals. Given Mr. Burnett's editing who the hell knows what the true dialog was between Mig and Marty. If Marty had said to Mig do not perform BR ,because it is a step back,this could be misinterperted too. Mig has also been told to be more assertive,and take a stand for what you want.He loves Br,it is his all time favorite.I would love to see him perform this song as I am sure others would too.It could potentially impress us all.Maybe he would like to be the new lead singer for Queen,if he does not get the job with INXS? Anyway it is all speculation on Marty's part in the confessionals.He does not really know how OBINXS will respond.I think he should be more concerned with his song choice.If I could have been in the room with those guys ,I would have begged Marty to sing something new,that could also show the same vocal qualities as Wish You Were Here.He could be making a mistake by singing it.Neither JD or Mig discouraged this choice.

On a cupcake mission! Lois Lane's Avatar

INXS and roast chicken and potatoes

Quote Originally Posted by Galestorm
    I would have begged Marty to sing something new,that could also show the same vocal qualities as Wish You Were Here.He could be making a mistake by singing it.Neither JD or Mig discouraged this choice.
    I've always found it best to make my own decisions and accept the blame or praise I get for it. I'm kind of a loner that way. Marty could've told MiG to sing "Baby I Love Your Way" or something else and he could've tanked singing it. JD and MiG could've told Marty to sing a new song and he could've tanked with that new song. Would it have been the other guys' faults that they tanked?

These are all grown men. They know what they're doing, what risks they're willing to take and what they want to show to INXS (and the world). I think INXS has picked their guy already and unless he says something incredibly racist or sexist or just horrible to them, he's going to be the new lead singer for INXS. I think the guy they want to win today could hit the wrong note, trip and fall, split his pants and throw up on stage. But I think if he's the guy INXS has in mind as the singer, they'll rationalize a reason why they picked him even with his horrible performance tonight.

I don't know how you all are preparing for tonight's show, but I'm making a roast chicken and potatoes dinner for me and the hubby (yes, there is a Mr. Lois Lane). Tonight's a good night for some simple comfort food. And if Mr. Lane is happy, he'll leave me alone for the hour that I want to watch this show in peace. (He hates reality TV shows.)

MRD
    Quote Originally Posted by Lois Lane
    I don't know how you all are preparing for tonight's show, but I'm making a roast chicken and potatoes dinner for me and the hubby (yes, there is a Mr. Lois Lane). Tonight's a good night for some simple comfort food. And if Mr. Lane is happy, he'll leave me alone for the hour that I want to watch this show in peace. (He hates reality TV shows.)

Lois are you a mind reader? We too are having roast chicken and potatos. And brownies.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog
    Lois are you a mind reader? We too are having roast chicken and potatos. And brownies.
    Great minds think alike! Oooh, brownies sound soooooooooo good. I make really good homemade chocolate chip cookies but I haven't made brownies in AGES...

I wonder what they're eating for their "last meal." Although technically I guess it was breakfast since they taped the show already...

Rosie - I'm coming over for dinner ... I'll bring the wine ... what I love about your menu (besides obviously the brownies) is that you mention potatoes ... but no veggie ... a lady after my own heart .... (in a restaurant where they give you 2 sides, I've been known to say "double potatoes please") ....

I can't wait another 3 1/2 hours ... where is LAGuy ... I need some tidbits ....

Quote Originally Posted by Juls2
    Rosie - I'm coming over for dinner ... I'll bring the wine ... what I love about your menu (besides obviously the brownies) is that you mention potatoes ... but no veggie ... a lady after my own heart .... (in a restaurant where they give you 2 sides, I've been known to say "double potatoes please") ....

I can't wait another 3 1/2 hours ... where is LAGuy ... I need some tidbits ....
    Juls2, aren't potatoes considered a veggie?

I'm telling you, the smell of my dinner cooking (there's nothing like a roast chicken with some fresh herbs) is keeping me calm and sane...I think I'll be munching on ice cream while I watch the show!!!

Quote Originally Posted by SQUATMAN
    MiG could also be trying to justify his safe choice by feeding us a line of CRaP. The man knows this song like the back of his hairless hand.

Because it is the finale, I don't know if the band will single anyone out harshly and mention it was a safe choice. That would be the only way to settle it. They'll probably say how tough a song it is and how well he sang it.
    Like I said b4, at this stage of the game, he should be showcasing his talent. It's not about going outside his comfort zone. Hmmm....I must examine his hand closely.

Well! I was *this* close to making roast chicken and potatoes tonight! What are the odds of that? BUT the store I stopped at that had a great sale on whole roasting chickens was completely out, so we're having yummy beef roast and corn on the cob. I splurged on a capp. maker awhile back, so I'll be indulging in a warm decaf latte while the show is on. Mr. Sweetpea knows better by now (and he hates RT too btw) to not interrupt me!

+ Reply to Thread