+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314 LastLast

Thread: 9/18 House Show **SPOILERS**

I have to agree with giz in that Suzie had the best vocals, & between her & Jordis they may turn out to have the best career possibilities.

Quote Originally Posted by giz
    I've got to say I thought Suzie was out-singing them all).
    Suzie has a great voice. But she didn't do much for me with BoRhap. I didn't go 'crazy' when she sang that song like I usually do when I hear Freddie Mercury.

Jordis is my favourite, vocal-wise. She would be big in a few years time with more experience.

On a cupcake mission! Lois Lane's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by razorbacker
    I have to agree with giz in that Suzie had the best vocals, & between her & Jordis they may turn out to have the best career possibilities.
    Suzie performs really well, but her voice is so generic to me--kind of like singers I've heard singing on cruise ships or in tribute bands. That's not a slam on her, but it's not distinctive to me.

When Jordis was on, man was she ever on...

It's ironic that Jessica sang pretty poorly on just about every song she was given EXCEPT when she sang the INXS songs when she was in the Bottom 3. I'm wondering, what does the band want--someone who's a great singer or someone who sings INXS really well? 'Cause by their own verdicts, she did a great job singing their songs.

I'm a little worried about tonight's show (and anxiously awaiting it). You know how when figure skaters decide they're going to try that quadruple jump after all and then they fall flat on their butts? I don't want that to happen to ANY of the guys tonight...it'd be awful if Marty's almost whispered delivery revealed an off note...or JD forgot some of the lyrics...or MiG (whom everyone is expecting to deliver an amazing rendition of this song--regardless of whether it's "INXS" enough or not) will trip or just have an off night.

I want to hear 3 great performances...

YAY JD! YAY MARTY! YAY MIG!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by SQUATMAN
    MiG doing BoRhap could also be seen as safe, since he has done it in his on-stage gig. INXS has criticized him for playing it too safe.
    BoRhap is a difficult rock song to perform. No matter how many times you've done it, it can still go wrong. Nothing safe there, MiG is taking a huge risk IMO

I think the biggest problem, for me, with BoRhap is that it was showcased so prominantly in the Wayne's World movie. Now, I must confess I'm not a huge Wayne's World fan but have run across the movie on the odd Sunday afternoon, and the scene where Mike Myers is singing along with the guys in the car, and then they all head bang? I can't get that image out of my head!

Hi sweetpea,

Nice to see you here again. I can't wait for tonight. It's 2 am Wednesday here and may not go online again just in case I see some spoilers which will ruin the fun for me. We are ahead in time but not with the show, we get it later than America. Enjoy ! And catch you again in another board. Maybe we'll have the same favourite next time. Woo hoo !!! Go MiG & Go JD too even tho you've been a bad bad boy

I just can't wait until tonight ... it's really hard to focus today ... this thing can go anyway tonight --- all 3 of these guys are incredibly talented ....

This is the longest day!!!!

stuck on an island with creepy ferret faced Ben
    Quote Originally Posted by OriginalSinner
    BoRhap is a difficult rock song to perform. No matter how many times you've done it, it can still go wrong. Nothing safe there, MiG is taking a huge risk IMO
    Umm, OB:INXS has repeatedly criticized MiG for being "safe", and this song, despite being more difficult to pull off, is a song MiG has done repeatedly on stage and is very comfortable with, ie. safe

Quote Originally Posted by SQUATMAN
    Umm, OB:INXS has repeatedly criticized MiG for being "safe", and this song, despite being more difficult to pull off, is a song MiG has done repeatedly on stage and is very comfortable with, ie. safe
    MiG's blog

.....I chose to do “Bohemian Rhapsody”! It is probably my favorite song of all time. I didn’t want to do it the first time around because I wanted to show INXS that I was looking to move forward to the future, not back to my past glories. Having proved I was willing to do that I don't have to prove that anymore, so given a second chance to do the song, I could not give it up again! It is a very challenging song, despite how many times I've done it. This song could make me if I do it right or ruin me if I fail.

He is the singer and he knows the challenge better than anyone.

MRD
    Quote Originally Posted by sweetpea
    I think the biggest problem, for me, with BoRhap is that it was showcased so prominantly in the Wayne's World movie. Now, I must confess I'm not a huge Wayne's World fan but have run across the movie on the odd Sunday afternoon, and the scene where Mike Myers is singing along with the guys in the car, and then they all head bang? I can't get that image out of my head!
    Now to me, this is part of the "lore" that makes this song so classic. Who can't get the image of Wayne and Garth head banging and who doesn't do it now themselves when they hear the song? Wayne and Garth WORSHIPPED rock and rock muscians, so this was their own tribute to Freddy and Queen.

Wayne and Garth, the last of the best of Sat. Night Live in my opinion.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

+ Reply to Thread