+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 LastLast

Thread: 9/18 House Show **SPOILERS**

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by fireflyer
    I believe they were just told to listen to the music and that they'd be collaborating the next day with Andrew to write the lyrics. And Dave reiterated that "tomorrow is all about collaboration".
    Collaborating the next day doesn't preclude preparing the night before. If they were expected to go into the session without needing to prepare, they could have listened to the music at the time of collaboration.

Quote Originally Posted by Seadog
    RS:INXS will play on CH at 9:30PM Monday night.
    Thank you - I don't know why I had so much trouble finding that. The CH website said Tuesday was the next INXS show and I didn't see it in the TV guide so I was getting worried.

Ahh, I think you're glossing it a little. Several times, Mig asked Marty "INXS isn't gonna criticize us for our song choice this time, right?" and Marty affirmed it, twice. Then we see Marty in his confessional saying the opposite. Since Marty was obviously thinking it, then yes it was a little shady for him to tell the opposite to Mig.

Granted, there is no rule that Marty has to be honest to Mig. But describing Marty's actions as 'supportive' is QUITE charitable, IMO!!! He was definitely 'gaming' it. Just like JD in the early days.
    Now that I've seen the show it definitely sounded like Marty was being supportive of MiG's decision when he talked to MiG. He answered yes it was ok a number of times (although he did switch it to 'It's your decision' later). Marty definitely wasn't pretending to think that though. The look on his face said 'are you nuts'. Marty also made a 'gloves off, games on' statement at the beginning as well. It's still possible that Marty was just avoiding saying what he thought rather that trying to lead MiG astray but I'm not sure anymore.

I believe they were just told to listen to the music and that they'd be collaborating the next day with Andrew to write the lyrics. And Dave reiterated that "tomorrow is all about collaboration".
    And the major thing is JD pulled it off. I think they'd have prefered to have the contestents do most of the work to make sure it was the contestent and not Andrew who did the song (it is a competition and that's how they'll tell who's best) but JD know's how to write an INXS sounding song.

I hope they sing them tonight! I have a feeling that one of these songs might be the single because Us did so badly in popular opinion.

On a cupcake mission! Lois Lane's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Miss_Griss
    On the other hand, MiG should be capable of making that distinction for himself. The band has given pretty clear feedback throughout, and if he's not getting it, it's not Marty's job to connect the dots for him.

Maybe it's not JD or Marty who's diabolically clever but MiG who really is...maybe he's thinking, "Who cares about INXS? I really want to front QUEEN."

On a cupcake mission! Lois Lane's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by sweetpea
    Yeah, it seemed like they were never in jeapordy of being sans alchohol. I guess it's the whole rockstar lifestyle?
    Plus, when you're drunk, you're more likely to say/do something stupid, which in turn makes for good television.

WE HAVE A VIEWING PARTY SITE!!!! Here is a link: http://proofnyc.com/index.html

Please join all of us everclearians to a finale viewing party in New York City. I love Marty too so you're invited even if you drink Kool-aid or Milk and Cookies.

Place: Proof (Sports Bar)
    239 3rd Avenue
    Downstairs bar
    Time: 9pm to get acquainted with one another, get drinks and get ready for the finale.

The have a full bar and menu in case you want food with your drinks.

Please rsvp by responding to this thread or email ROCKSTARINXS@yahoo.com if you plan to attend. If we have over 60 people, they will bring in another bartender and waitress. I need to let them know by noon on Tuesday.

COME ONE, COME ALL, EVEN IF YOU LIKE MIG...LOL

DIRECTIONS:
    Directions: 3rd Street between 19th and 20th. BY SUBWAY: You can take the N,R,4,5,6 trains and get off at Union Square. Head east to 3rd Avenue and go left. From Penn Station: you need to take two trains. Walk over to Herald Square and jump on B or D south and change trains on Broadway/Lafayette St to the 4-5-6 trains north to Union Square station. From Times Square: take the N-R south to the 14th Street station and then walk east to 3rd Street and north to Proof.

I am sure there are many other paths you can take. That is a few off the top of my head. Here is a link to the MTA Subway map: http://www.mta.nyc.ny.us/nyct/maps/submap.htm

I don't believe that MiG was wrong in his song selection if the instructions were to showcase what you would bring to the band. BoRhap is a monster of a song ranging from ballad to serious rock. MiG would show off his choreography and polish. It would illustrate what they can expect from him with direction.

Marty's song selection maybe the big mistake. If what he can bring to the band is something they've already seen then what he's showing the band is that he has limitations, there's nothing new.

JD song will demonstrate, once again, that he's a showman and that he can sing with range.

JD's the best singer, and maybe the most creative.
    MiG has the most 'polish' (he's so shiny!).
    Marty is creative and the most charismatic fit to 'todays' music genre.

But still ... Go Marty!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Lois Lane
    Maybe it's not JD or Marty who's diabolically clever but MiG who really is...maybe he's thinking, "Who cares about INXS? I really want to front QUEEN."

Mig is smart. By choosing BoRhap, he just may steal the show during the finale with that show-stopping number, even if he doesn't win. I've been hearing lots of rave reviews from people who have seen MiG do BoRhap. Now, I want to see the finale for that Queen's number more than anything else. We are in for a treat.

In MiG's phone interview with "Inquirer Entertainment",

.......There was no way he’d hold back anything for tomorrow’s show, MiG added. “I’m giving everything I’ve got that is MiG. There’s no point to try to impress them by doing something that is not me at this point.”

Just go with your heart MiG, show them what you got. You've shown us what a rock star should be, not what a rock star ought to be. You are the exception to the rule and I applaud you for that. Now, go bring the house down.
    Last edited by OriginalSinner; 09-20-2005 at 11:49 AM.

giz
    I see your point, but I thought Jordis stole the show in the episode where she sang The Man Who Sold the World, and that was a very quiet song. MiG seems like the nicest guy in the world, but I'm not convinced his voice is more than pleasantly competent. I may be proved wrong tonight! (and in seeing the clips from last week in the House show, I've got to say I thought Suzie was out-singing them all).

+ Reply to Thread